IGNORED

Unbeaten Run

redarmy1974

We've already had a dip in form.  A modest dip, but still a dip.  We don't have to have a rough patch.  A couple of defeats in a run of ten games should still see us through.

Many clubs go a whole season with only a small blip.  Maybe we can too.

How long can we go on for ?

If we can get to Christmas still unbeaten in the league I think we will have got ourselves abit of a cushion at the top.

So when we do have our slump like every team does we will not lose any ground .

Impossible to speculate when the unbeaten run will end. You can never predict which team/game will turn us over.

Obviously I'd like City to become the invinceables of League 1 but that's very unlikely.

the longer it goes on the bigger the target we become

Indeed but that said, the longer the run continues the more dogged the team becomes not to lose it. When Abrahams scored that 'angry' away goal to equalise he said afterwards that he was determined to score to remain unbeaten.

That's a clear indication of just how much the players want the run to continue - so long may it continue.

Indeed but that said, the longer the run continues the more dogged the team becomes not to lose it. When Abrahams scored that 'angry' away goal to equalise he said afterwards that he was determined to score to remain unbeaten.

That's a clear indication of just how much the players want the run to continue - so long may it continue.

I think this really is the case,I think we should win this league at a canter unless we have some serious injuries that are long term .

I think we should add 1 or 2 players in Jan just to bulk the squad out abit or maybe a couple of loans .

I have, on several occasions this season, predicted that the unbeaten run was going to end - all have been wrong (fortunately).

Unfortunately, I fear that Saturday away to Swindon is the day.

They are without, arguably, their three best players so at an extreme disadvantage: everything is stacked against them, so what do they have to lose?

Does anybody remember, several (many) years ago Alan Whittle?   

A nailed on home win, main game on MotD....

Is an entire season undefeated at this level unprecedented?

Good question. Nobody seems to know. In fact, it seems to be impossible to discover what the record actually is for the highest number of consecutive league games without a defeat at this level (irrespective of what it happens to have been called at the time e.g. 'Division Three'). Arsenal hold the overall record, apparently, with - I think - 49 games unbeaten, but that of course is at Premier League level. I can't find any stats that would tell us (and yes, I know, I should get out more). Any total obsessives out there who can come up with the answer to this one? We should maybe offer a prize for the first correct solution....

As I think someone has said above, it's all about how we react to a defeat. not necessarily the manner of it (if/when it comes).

Is an entire season undefeated at this level unprecedented?

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/Third_Division_Tables_1946-47_to_1991-92.html

A few teams unbeaten at home (including NLBR), had a quick look but couldn't spot any unbeaten all season.

Why are you calling Wilbrahamovic Abrahams?

I have, on several occasions this season, predicted that the unbeaten run was going to end - all have been wrong (fortunately).

Unfortunately, I fear that Saturday away to Swindon is the day.

They are without, arguably, their three best players so at an extreme disadvantage: everything is stacked against them, so what do they have to lose?

Does anybody remember, several (many) years ago Alan Whittle?   

A nailed on home win, main game on MotD....

Was that the Palace game, where they hadn't won an away game for around 300 years ?Then they came to AG ,  I was there

I predict we wont be playing on a housing estate ;)

Doh!

Thank Red. That'll teach me to post in  a rush and without thinking. I should have used a different club and said Maine Road. :)

Archived