IGNORED

The Official Afc Wimbledon Matchday Thread... Presented By Randy Marsh

Randy Marsh

Good morning from cloudy Bristol.

As one of the unlucky ones who couldn't get a ticket in time for tonight's sell out clash I have to play the role of Aussie and be an armchair fan again.

Tonight we meet AFC Wimbledon for the first time in their ashamed history. The third Dons in the history of English football, after the FA Cup winning team and their pheonix club who moved to MK, are back in the leagues after throwing their toys out of their pram.

The history of AFC is a dubious one. After failing to attend games in a manner only bettered by Swindon Town's yokels the club was going bust until Pete Winkleman saved them on the basis he could move the club to a population who actually would Carr about their club.

This upset the fan base of Wimbledon, now averaging 18 people a game, who would rather see the club with its proud history folded. Thankfully the powers of be disagreed and allowed such move which gave the Dons a new lease of life.

Back in grim Wimbledon the fans who started to reappear now there wasn't a shit club to follow set about stealing the place of a non profit nothing club in the London Counties leagues or some shit under a new name with AFC preceeding the embarrassment that Wimbledon became. Naughty AFC Wimbledon.

During their rise to tonight's cup final the unashamed behaviour continued as they attempted to ram Kingstonian into the ground to steal their park on which they played football. And after all of the dark arts we see cheaters do prosper as they are rewarded with a cup tie in the JPT at Ashton Gate to take on the only unbeaten side in the football leagues.

Let's hope true football is the winner here. 10-0 City.

I signed up to refute some of the utter lies in your post.

When it was announced by the clubs owners that they were aiming to move it to Milton Keynes, the fans organised protests. Marches outside the ground, turning their backs on the play, boycotts, etc. The fans of Wimbledon football club did care about their club. That is why they protested on mass outside the FA HQ's in the weeks leading up to the decision of the 3 man commission. If the fans didn't give a shit, they wouldn't have protested. 

It is often claimed, as you have done, that Pete Winkelman stepped in to save the club. I would refute this also. Pete Winkleman first looked at QPR, Luton, and other London clubs in no financial difficulty at all, trying to move them to Milton Keynes. Please do not make out like it was some act of charity. It was, as this article shows, a property or business deal. 

Whether the club would have been dissolved or not is pure speculation. We would probably have gone down into the lower leagues, or non leagues. It is a supposition to state that we would have ceased to exist. 

Milton Keynes already had a football club at the time. MK City, or something along those lines. Winkleman could quite easily have done what we did with AFC Wimbledon, building our way up the leagues. Instead, he bought a league place. That goes against fundamental principles of English football. 

As for the entire Kingstonian debate: Kingstonian did not own their stadium. Their owner was killing their club, high fees, crowds were decreasing, they were in a bad financial way. We bought the stadium, and they use it, free of charge. They don't pay towards the upgrading or maintenance. They keep all gate and bar takings. When we move back to Wimbledon, they will have a decent conference standard stadium in which to play.

I am quite sure that this post was written in jest.But to the many retards among the franchise customers, they think this is some kind of appraisal of the theft of Wimbledon football club. 

If you are actually thick enough to think this, just ask yourself how you would feel if Bristol City moved 71 miles away. I think you will see who is in the right in this case.

I am quite sure that this post was written in jest.But to the many retards among the franchise customers, they think this is some kind of appraisal of the theft of Wimbledon football club. 

If you are actually thick enough to think this, just ask yourself how you would feel if Bristol City moved 71 miles away. I think you will see who is in the right in this case.

Archived