IGNORED

Jon Lansdown

extonsred

yea I hate being top of the league and seeing a new ground being developed by his old man, such a shame........

I am thankful to Steve Lansdown for everything he has done and continues to do for the club I love. However, the appointment of Jon Lansdown to his role was completely ridiculous. In no other business would that have happened and it only did because he is the majority shareholders son, he has zero experience of running a football club. 

I am thankful to Steve Lansdown for everything he has done and continues to do for the club I love. However, the appointment of Jon Lansdown to his role was completely ridiculous. In no other business would that have happened and it only did because he is the majority shareholders son, he has zero experience of running a football club. 

the glazers,

also how much experiance did Steve had when he became chairman and majority share holder, I don;t recall him being at any other football club,

It happens at far bigger and far more succesful businesses than Bristol City mate. Heinz, SC Johnson, Levi Strauss, Ford, Mars... Famously Rupert Murdoch has put his son James into all manner of senior positions within Newscorp. Plenty of wildly succesful private businesses have been passed from father to son through generations.

It happens at far bigger and far more succesful businesses than Bristol City mate. Heinz, SC Johnson, Levi Strauss, Ford, Mars... Famously Rupert Murdoch has put his son James into all manner of senior positions within Newscorp. Plenty of wildly succesful private businesses have been passed from father to son through generations.

you have the milk cartel..... the dunfords :)

• Admin

Why ?

Its always been SL who attends.

I'd find it more odd if JL attended in that respect.

Isn't one a current member of the board the other just someone in the background.

The reason SL did them in the past was that he was the Chairman - he is not anymore

Apart from News Corp.

I think maybe he has acknowledged that public speaking is not his forte, which it isn't for many people. Just listen to 90% of the callers on Radio Bristol for proof!

As vice chairman, his main role will be to represent his father in the day-to-day running of the club, to.liaise with him and pass his wishes on. You don't need an outside "expert" to do that.

I also think it's a good thing we have a passionate BCFC fan involved in the club administration.

I think maybe he has acknowledged that public speaking is not his forte, which it isn't for many people. Just listen to 90% of the callers on Radio Bristol for proof!

As vice chairman, his main role will be to represent his father in the day-to-day running of the club, to.liaise with him and pass his wishes on. You don't need an outside "expert" to do that.

I also think it's a good thing we have a passionate BCFC fan involved in the club administration.

something people have been crying out for

Blimey, a fair bit of unnecessary vitriol and criticism on this thread toward Jon Lansdown.. quite poor taste i would say.

Regardless of doing a good job or not, he is in that position and is no doubt doing his best so live with it and say something complimentary about the club; we are doing rather well so everyone, including the Vice Chairman, deserves a pat on the back for my money.

something people have been crying out for

Who is adequately competent also.

Whilst JL was seemingly fronting the show and prior to that managing AV a hell of a lot of incompetent, junior mistakes were made. He know seems to have been pulled back and things are turning around.

I'm not for one minute suggesting that that is the reason for our upturn on the pitch. Far from it. However, what I do not like is that during the downturn JL was made to front it out and took a lot of flak. As things are going well and there is a feel good factor he should be able to front that out also - unless he was genuinely one of the big contributors to our downfall.

To my mind JL was terrible for this club during his early years. A savvy, commercial experienced mind behind AV would have seen that come to fruition - of that I am absolutely certain. During our final championship bow and last season he was a PR disaster once after another.

In all fairness he had an induction of fire and I'm sure in hindsight SL thinks it was very poor leadership (lets not kid ourselves, he is the puppet master who gave the boy the rope on which he hung himself) on his part, albeit I'm sure Jon's shoulders are a damn site broader.

Time will tell how JL has developed.

Steve has always done the Q&A's. Not so much anyone's job, just an owner/former chairman who likes talking with fans. We're lucky to have someone so keen to do it. I spoke with fans at Derby and Wolves who said they would never see this at their club.

I asked Jon to attend the one in Bradford with Steve. This time round I suggested it to John Pelling as he saw the format in Bradford and is very keen to get involved. Again, good news. He does after all, run our football club :yes:

Archived