IGNORED

Cats

RedRock

Let me get this straight first, I love animals, I probably will give many 10k's to animal chairities over my lifetime. I walk dogs at Animals in Distress. I have golden retrievers and love them more than anything.

I hate cats though, really hate them. It's not their fault. Human's bred them and human's let them outside and roam freely to crap in my borders, dig up my plants, and not only is it 10x worse than dog shit if you put your hand or foot in it but has the potential to give me blindness (there are more cases of toxocara from cat shit than dog per year). If that isn't bad enough, they kill wildlife for fun. How many fledging birds, newts, slow worms, frogs, toads, field and devastatingly dormice have they killed in my garden. Dozens.

Is it not time that cat owners took responsibility for their pets? I'd love to see my cat owning neighbours reaction if I let my dogs off the lead into their garden to wreak havoc.

Time for regulation? Cat owners to keep them in doors or caged up in their own gardens. Discuss.

I Love cats, free spirits, will never be tamed like dogs. Much rather have a neighbourhood of cats than one full of vermin like mice and rats. You say you love animals but want them caged up...........ultimate cruelty i.m.o. for any animal.

Domestic dogs have seriously injured and killed humans they have to be on a lead for a reason...........cats rule o.k.

Oh yes. A typical cat owner cry.. You can't cage my animal! Then holidays come. Oh,let's bung the thing in a cattery for a few weeks.

They only think of themselves .. not the cat or other people.

Dogs were wild, free roaming spirits. We trained them. Why can't cat owners take responsibility and train their own pet?

Time to follow Canada and sort cats and their owners out.

I have two cats. They suit my lifestyle better in the sense that they aren't as much of a tie as a dog is. I've told all my neighbours if they see one of my two crapping in their gardens to let me know and I will happily come and clear it up.

They never bring me home dead animals, on a few occasions they have brought home still alive wildlife, which I have retrieved and set free safe and well.

They're such lovely good natured cats, never attack me, and as I said they are better suited to how my life is right now.

Scariest thing is when I stick the GPS tracker on one of them and see just how far he goes!

Reminds me of an old neighbor. Knocked on my door and he said "your cat was on my car roof yesterday, and I am not happy about it" I said "Any damage?" He said "no, but I don't want it on my car" .... "I will have a word with him as soon as he gets home" I replied. "Great, thank you" he retorted. I shut the door and pissed myself laughing. I don't have a cat.

I have two cats. They suit my lifestyle better in the sense that they aren't as much of a tie as a dog is. I've told all my neighbours if they see one of my two crapping in their gardens to let me know and I will happily come and clear it up.

They never bring me home dead animals, on a few occasions they have brought home still alive wildlife, which I have retrieved and set free safe and well.

They're such lovely good natured cats, never attack me, and as I said they are better suited to how my life is right now.

Scariest thing is when I stick the GPS tracker on one of them and see just how far he goes!

Clearing up their crap is a start at least. Well done you.

The only problem with the wildlife is Tiddles probably has left a trail of wildlife destruction in his/her wake in bringing one of them back for you to rescue.

My partner's cat seems to take particular joy in jumping up and down on half eaten slow worms that are writhing in agony. It'll leave that to die in the garden and then find another one to bring in her house, no doubt in attempt to do the same thing on the carpet. Lovely creatures are cats.

Humans kill for fun too, they also destroy everything that is deemed in their way. Should we cage them as well?

Cats are wild animals, their behaviour is very normal for a wild animal.

Human's are caged. It's called prison.

Cats aren't wild animals. They're as domestic creatures as dogs are. It's just that cat owners don't give a toss about wildlife or other people's property.

I'll accept there are true wild cats in nature, and accept feral cats need to kill for food. But equally, there are wild and feral dogs. Total parallels between cats and dogs but cat owners can't be arsed to train them.

How do you prove which cat has crapped where?

I guess the fact is that the vast majority of responsible dog owners pick up Their dogs mess, the vast majority of cat owners don't know where their cats have messed?

Most of them have done it in my garden, because I don't have a pet.

Oh yes. A typical cat owner cry.. You can't cage my animal! Then holidays come. Oh,let's bung the thing in a cattery for a few weeks.

They only think of themselves .. not the cat or other people.

Dogs were wild, free roaming spirits. We trained them. Why can't cat owners take responsibility and train their own pet?

Time to follow Canada and sort cats and their owners out.

never owned a cat then? cats mark their territory and will see off anything that enters it; our cat always uses the same patch of our garden to dump on but sprays her borders mainly to warn others, enter at your peril.....your comment of "they only think of themselves" is demeaning and stereo typing; we have spent many hundreds of pounds on vets bills and more so recently with her being on daily kidney failure tablets; I`ve cut a hole in the bottom of my gate because she can no longer jump over it;

I would much rather spend my money on her than going to football as she didn't ask to come into our lives and I will look after her until she leaves it.

You no nothing about cats or your fellow humans it seems. :disapointed2se:

You are way off the mark

You don't see many uneducated fat chavs with cats that kill babies though.

Blame the friggin owner, not the dog. It didn't chose its owner. The question should be who spawned the owner and why wasn't he/she trained.

I think far more people are blinded by cat crap per year than killed by chav dogs.

Incidentally, I'd bring back dog licences which should help reduce the trophy dog culture. You should be tested as to whether you are responsible enough to own a dog.

never owned a cat then? cats mark their territory and will see off anything that enters it; our cat always uses the same patch of our garden to dump on but sprays her borders mainly to warn others, enter at your peril.....your comment of "they only think of themselves" is demeaning and stereo typing; we have spent many hundreds of pounds on vets bills and more so recently with her being on daily kidney failure tablets; I`ve cut a hole in the bottom of my gate because she can no longer jump over it;

I would much rather spend my money on her than going to football as she didn't ask to come into our lives and I will look after her until she leaves it.

You no nothing about cats or your fellow humans it seems. :disapointed2se:

You are way off the mark

Way off the mark eh? Just ignore the massive body of scientific evidence that your Tiddles is devastating local wildlife. Do you not have the slightest twinge of conscience about millions of songbirds being killed by domestic cats every year?

Obviously it isn't your cat that kills birds - it never is. But someone's is a pretty effective killing machine.

Way off the mark eh? Just ignore the massive body of scientific evidence that your Tiddles is devastating local wildlife. Do you not have the slightest twinge of conscience about millions of songbirds being killed by domestic cats every year?

Obviously it isn't your cat that kills birds - it never is. But someone's is a pretty effective killing machine.

What about the worms that are being killed by those arrogant f*king songbirds?

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN

Blame the friggin owner, not the dog. It didn't chose its owner. The question should be who spawned the owner and why wasn't he/she trained.

I think far more people are blinded by cat crap per year than killed by chav dogs.

Incidentally, I'd bring back dog licences which should help reduce the trophy dog culture. You should be tested as to whether you are responsible enough to own a dog.

Whats worse?blind or dead?

I have owned both, dogs are stupid, cats put up with you as they are too lazy to open their own tins, unless you let them run free, then they feed themselves.

Let our old Golden retriever run free, it would have probably fed itself for 3 weeks on cow shit, dog shit and fox afterbirth then dropped dead.

Kill all cats. Horrible shitty little things.

Sorry we cant do that as we`re to busy killing each other for our own stupid beliefs, we really don't deserve this planet..........one day we will all pay the price for abusing it and the things on it.

Yes look in the mirror its us we are killing the whole planet f.f.s.

Yes look in the mirror its us we are killing the whole planet f.f.s.

Yes. Behind that statement 100%.

My contribution to a better planet is no kids and an entire professional career spent trying to istop the environment being trashed and improving things for nature, Then bought a wood which will be my life's legacy. While the mirror image is very far from perfect, it's a pity some others don't put a bit more effort into making this planet a better place - notably our deeply flawed religious and political leaders. We all need to do our bit though - however small.

Yeah, that would be the ape like creature that tears up the countryside just so he can build thousands of it's its own cave and some of those little huts where it can drive by and fill it's gob with fatty shit.

Yeah, that would be the ape like creature that tears up the countryside just so he can build thousands of it's its own cave and some of those little huts where it can drive by and fill it's gob with fatty shit.

Funny that. Just what my career was about and, hopefully, did a bit to prevent.

Archived