IGNORED

Cats

RedRock

Cats are 'king useless!!!

Never heard of guide cats for the blind.

Never heard of Police cats.

Never heard of sheep cats.

Never heard of search and rescue cats.

Never heard of guard cats.

'king useless animals, a total waste of space!!!

that's cos they are independent, dogs are needy dipshits who need orders, cats are more human like than you would be happy to admit,

right,i'm off next door to take a shit in their garden

I've never heard of guard cats, but if a lion was on patrol i'd give it a wide berth.... :help:

Never heard of a dog being able to keep a property free of rats or mice either.

Anyway the point is crap, as the vast majority of owners just keep dogs as pets, not for one of the reasons you state above. Same as cats.

Bring back dog licences I say.

Cover the costs of cleaning our pavements and lanes of dog crap ("95% of owners clear up after their animals" yeah, sure!!!) and of having to have council dog wardens to pick up mangey, ferocious strays.

In some inner city council estates feral dogs are becoming a real safety issue, as they have already become in Australia, Latin America and parts of the Mediterranean.

Bring back dog licenses I say.

Cover the costs of cleaning our pavements and lanes of dog crap ("95% of owners clear up after their animals" yeah, sure!!!) and of having to have council dog wardens to pick up mangey, ferocious strays.

In some inner city council estates feral dogs are becoming a real safety issue, as they have already become in Australia, Latin America and parts of the Mediterranean.

No idea where you live mate, but I assume 100% of cat shit isn't cleared up either on public or private property.

I'd deal with feral dogs the same way as feral cats personally.

Problem is - as is evident from the feline responses on here - that responsible dog owners recognise a problem and there's legislation to deal with it, the vast majority cat owners don't and there's no legislation that people, who object to cats shitting in their property, killing their wildlife, digging up their gardens, can fall back on.

Anyhow broken record syndrome here ....thought I'd just go a fishing expedition after Friday's reports of yet another horrendously cruel and indefensible cat shooting in Exeter to see whether cat owners are, at long last, waking up to the issues. Regrettably, the responses confirm my suspicions that most cat owners don't give a toss what impact their Tiddles, Felix what ever has on the environment or people's property.

Pity.... Any bets on when legislation will be introduced as commonsense always prevails? I'd give it within 20 years max. Hopefully, there will be one or two songbirds left in 2034.

Elegant, svelte, self-contained.

Dogs however are so thick, they can't even bury their own crap.

Actally, I like some dogs. We had one when I was a kid. They are all too smelly and noisy and needy for me to consider having one now. Plus you have the horrible bitey ones.

Nicely put red.

No idea where you live mate, but I assume 100% of cat shit isn't cleared up either on public or private property.

Problem is - as is evident from the feline responses on here - that responsible dog owners recognise a problem and there's legislation to deal with it, the vast majority cat owners don't and there's no legislation that people, who object to cats shitting in their property, killing their wildlife, digging up their gardens, can fall back on.

Anyhow broken record syndrome here ....thought I'd just go a fishing expedition after Friday's reports of yet another horrendously cruel and indefensible cat shooting in Exeter to see whether cat owners are, at long last, waking up to the issues. Regrettably, the responses confirm my suspicions that most cat owners don't give a toss what impact their Tiddles, Felix what ever has on the environment or people's property.

Pity.... Any bets on when legislation will be introduced as commonsense always prevails? I'd give it within 20 years max. Hopefully, there will be one or two songbirds left in 2034.

warning-dramaqueen1.jpg

As I've said, I have no problem with putting bells on the collars of cats that hunt. It's like muzzling dogs that are aggressive - it should be done.

Not all cats do hunt though. Our two have no interest in it. So just as I don't think it is necessary to muzzle every dog, so I don't see the need for a law on cat collars.

As for cat shit in the garden. I've had a garden for more than 20 years and never found any. Fox shit yes, cat shit no. And as my neighbours tell me they have not got a problem with our cats more or less living in their garden, I can only assume you are an unlucky minority.

This argument is pretty circular as you've noted. Perhaps it's best to say there are problem dogs and problem cats. And, more to the point, problem owners.

Where as the purpose of mankind is clear for all to see.

Interesting you judge an animals worth in relation to it's usefulness to humans, not to the eco-system.

What a ******* arrogant species we are!!!!

As we are going down that road though, cats (and dogs) provide emotional connectedness to people who may be in very short supply of it, namely the elderly. For that alone, they have worth.

As for cat shit in the garden. I've had a garden for more than 20 years and never found any. Fox shit yes, cat shit no.

I've never had a cat but it seems everyone else's cat shits in my garden.

Perhaps we should swap gardens!!!

P.S. My earlier post was "tongue in cheek"

:innocent06:

Just to play Devils Advocate,when did "we"get to decide that a dog attacking a human is a more grevious crime than a cat killing another creature?

Mate. No good fishing in this pond anymore. It's been cleared out. Bloody cats I hear.

Tally ho!

Where should I begin?

Too

Ciao.

helen_lovejoy.png

Sorry. I'm just a thick dog owner. Quick response on the move, but glad you understood it enough to correct the spelling mistakes accurately. In your debt.

I'll make sure my partner's cat proof reads any future postings.

Dealing with cats.

Step one. Create an outer defence of bamboo spikes. These spikes wont impeed visiting indigenous visitors but may snare an immigrant predator.

Step two. Passive use of chemicle weapons. Citrus juice and peel placed in strategic locations will deny the enemy use of your flower beds to shit in.

Step three. Capture another envasive immigrant, a grey squirrel. Starve it and eventually start feeding it prisoners of war from step one. Eventually it wont want nut anymore, but cat. Chain your flesh eating terror with enough length to roam your territory.

We are lucky enough to have some nice trees in our garden, and a range of lovely wild birds, who eat the fruit.

Lovely to watch, and spot the different birds .............

The b*******d cat that lives next door has started sitting under the tree so he can scoff / pointlessly murder the pretty wild birds.

No doubt, when a pretty DEAD wild bird is dropped on his owners door mat, the moronic owners will give him a tickle under the chin, and congratulate 'their little tiger' on yet another pointless murder.

If my boot gets close enough to his fluffy arse, he is going into orbit.

:igiveup:

TFR

We are lucky enough to have some nice trees in our garden, and a range of lovely wild birds, who eat the fruit.

Lovely to watch, and spot the different birds .............

The b*******d cat that lives next door has started sitting under the tree so he can scoff / pointlessly murder the pretty wild birds.

No doubt, when a pretty DEAD wild bird is dropped on his owners door mat, the moronic owners will give him a tickle under the chin, and congratulate 'their little tiger' on yet another pointless murder.

If my boot gets close enough to his fluffy arse, he is going into orbit.

:igiveup:

TFR

I hope those birds weren't the ones that shat on my washing while it was on the line!? 

Go gettum Arthur!!!  Flu-ridden, twittery gits.   ;)

:facepalm:

OTIB poster condones murder ............. never thought I would see the day.

:disapointed2se:

TFR

Where were the starlings in 1940 though, TFR? Did they stand shoulder-to-shoulder with us in our hour of need? Did they f-!

An imaginary fiver to the first poster to get that reference.

And what did the moggies do in the War, EXACTLY?

Pulling gun carriages, and patrolling the perimeters, were they??

At least the birds carried messages - until the cats murdered them for a laugh.

And dogs? They carried messages too (e.g. the trusty Airedale Terrier), and stood 'shoulder to shoulder' with the tommies, whilst the cats just absorbed peoples milk rations, nice and safe, by the fire.

(Getting angry now  :igiveup:)

Repeat, WHAT, precisely, is the point in a cat???

B****y rubbish they are.

TFR 

And what did the moggies do in the War, EXACTLY?

Pulling gun carriages, and patrolling the perimeters, were they??

At least the birds carried messages - until the cats murdered them for a laugh.

And dogs? They carried messages too (e.g. the trusty Airedale Terrier), and stood 'shoulder to shoulder' with the tommies, whilst the cats just absorbed peoples milk rations, nice and safe, by the fire.

(Getting angry now :igiveup:)

Repeat, WHAT, precisely, is the point in a cat???

B****y rubbish they are.

TFR

Pointless (but beautiful) they might be, loud and smelly they aren't. Dogs are the Gas fans of the animal kingdom.

Nb: No-one got the Derek and Clive ref in my last post :-(

Archived