IGNORED

Radio Bristol Geoff Twentyman Please Read

bs3

If anyone from Radio Bristol or Twentyman reads this forum , you coverage from the county ground  today was nothing short of an absolute disgrace. Never ever employ a complete waster to comment on a football match again. Lee Peacock is a man who last appeared on Radio Bristol prior to our play off defeat against Brighton whinging and moaning about how he havent signed a new contract when he should of been focus on winning promotion and then discussing a new contract.

And now he pops up on Radio Bristol supporting Swindon  and slagging off the fans and the club. You radio station cant get any worse, we as City fans are poorly served by this tin pot amerture station, Why do we have to put with this sh1t.

Who was the the presenter today? What a joke , he could hardly speak English, he said Rovers "drawing  nil nil" after the match was ended . Surley they drew nil nil. And they was many more gramatical errors , to many to mention.

I was angry today with the sending off, the Swindon players and fans but also angry with Radio Bristol who constanly preform like a 6th form radio station and constanley undermine and fail to support Bristol City Football Club.

I didn't listen to the commentary today, but I'm pretty sure this is insinuating that he was more than happy about the result; https://twitter.com/LeePeacock76/status/533706739909410817

Whenever I do listen to the commentary these days I'll more often than not be listening to the opposition's side, Radio Bristol is usually poor and you can't tell what's going on during the game half the time.

If anyone from Radio Bristol or Twentyman reads this forum , you coverage from the county ground  today was nothing short of an absolute disgrace. Never ever employ a complete waster to comment on a football match again. Lee Peacock is a man who last appeared on Radio Bristol prior to our play off defeat against Brighton whinging and moaning about how he havent signed a new contract when he should of been focus on winning promotion and then discussing a new contract.

And now he pops up on Radio Bristol supporting Swindon  and slagging off thefans and the club. You radio station cant get any worse, we as City fans arepoorly served by this tin pot amerture station, Why do we have to put with this sh1t

Who was the the presenter today? What a joke , he could hardly speak English, he said Rovers "drawing  nil nil" after the match was ended . Surley they drew nil nil. And they was many more gramatical errors , to many to mention.

I was angry today with the sending off, the Swindon players and fans but also angry with Radio Bristol who constanly preform like a 6th form radio station and constanley undermine and fail to support Bristol City Football Club.

I really hope the irony in this post is deliberate.

I'd gladly take the whoosh! ... ;)

(not picking on spelling mistakes etc generally but in the context of posts like this one its kind of important)

Peacock was horribly amateur. I had never heard anything like it.

I thought Carey was poor the other week. How wrong I was! Carey was John Motson in comparison to Peacock.

Peacock arrived late, didn't know the score or the sending off - made unfunny remarks and boring comments throughout the game. (The least he could have done was listened to the game en route?). To top it all off, he made some awful "that's what she said" 'joke' towards the end which resulted in him corpsing with laughter for about two minutes.

No idea why he was chosen, at least should have been vetted first. Truly unprofessional.

What do you expect from a sports section run by that ******* gas head clown? It's been crap for years and the bloke is so biased its a disgrace. He's a smug tosser who revels in seeing City lose - always has been, always will be.

Lee Peacock - well he never was the brightest but from what people have said he certainly nailed his colours to the Swindon mast this afternoon. How the hell was he allowed to carry on and 'commentate' from our view point when he said in the week before the game that he wanted Swindon to win??

What do you expect from a sports section run by that ******* gas head clown? It's been crap for years and the bloke is so biased its a disgrace. He's a smug tosser who revels in seeing City lose - always has been, always will be.

Lee Peacock - well he never was the brightest but from what people have said he certainly nailed his colours to the Swindon mast this afternoon. How the hell was he allowed to carry on and 'commentate' from our view point when he said in the week before the game that he wanted Swindon to win??

I genuinely think twentyman does a fairly good job at remaining neutral - if I didn't know he played for rovers I wouldn't be able to guess he had any bias

I thought Carey was poor the other week. How wrong I was! Carey was John Motson in comparison to Peacock.

Peacock arrived late, didn't know the score or the sending off - made unfunny remarks and boring comments throughout the game. (The least he could have done was listened to the game en route?). To top it all off, he made some awful "that's what she said" 'joke' towards the end which resulted in him corpsing with laughter for about two minutes.

No idea why he was chosen, at least should have been vetted first. Truly unprofessional.

Exactly this. To think I used to like him as a City player.

His cringeworthy 'humorous' remark/joke in stoppage time showed he clearly didn't give a toss.

Carey, to his credit, clearly cares about City

(not picking on spelling mistakes etc generally but in the context of posts like this one its kind of important)

I am not employed by a national broadcaster  who is funded us, so my grammer  spelling mistake is not important.  However I do expect presenters employed by the BBC to be able the speak in a gramitcal correct manner.

Radio Bristol and Geoff  Twentyman have been very good at the coverage , of Bristol football.

It has been a lot better since Geoff has taken over. 

Yes the coverage wasn't as good as it has been and Lee Peacock arrived late and they talked about other things apart from the game. A long time ago, you didn't have coverage , only rugby.

They only said there was a goal in break of play and then didn't tell you.

One bad day at the office doesn't make it a bad show.

Geoff Twentyman is fair to all of the clubs. He stops fans that try to have a go at the teams.

Pea Cock was just that!

Arrived late sounded like he was intoxicated and was the worst possible person Radio Bristol could have chosen!

This added insult to the fact you lost connection during the sending off, simply awful!

RADIO BRISTOL PLEASE READ! You are Radio Bristol not Radio Impartial. The last thing your listeners want is some ex player that also happened to play for the opposition who then goes and makes tweets that are clearly supporting of the opposition. I hope you have no contract with this bloke!

If you want a guest analyst there are simply hundreds of choices. How about Geoff Merrick or Gerry Gow....The list of City men is bloody endless!

Unfortunately most of us have no choice but to listen to you. Scratchy commentary last week or just completely forgetting (and this is on BCFC too) to connect to World and the list is long and endless. Radio Drivel 6days and 19 hours a week, you only have to get it right for five hours and you fail almost every time....Please up your game or hand over to a local station that can actually produce Radio programing! 

That goes for all week! How long are you going to flog that awful RocknRoll show....Whats with leaving midweek games at 10, none of it makes any sense or are you really saying that Saturday sport is not your biggest market!?

Have to say, I couldn't help notice the irony myself. However, 'bs3' is a fan posting his views on a fans forum, not a supposed professional broadcaster.

Lee Peacock, used to be my favourite player but what a bunch of idiots we had back then in our team really, he was 15 minutes late probably in a Swindon pub ripping on us and then took the whole commentary as a joke and you could clearly tell he was biased towards the pikeys throughout.

I completely agree that was a dreadful performance by Lee Peacock. If that is the best that Radio Bristol can provide, then don't bother in future. An insult to anyone listening.

And yes, I am sick to death of the commentators who all prattle on for long periods without a word about what is happening on the pitch.

And now he pops up on Radio Bristol supporting Swindon  and slagging off the fans and the club. You radio station cant get any worse, we as City fans are poorly served by this tin pot amerture station, Why do we have to put with this sh1t.

Absolutely spot on, Radio Bristol is a utter joke from top to bottom week after week month after month, if your unfortunate enough to listen to the crap. Not being able to get a Swindle ticket i paid the price and had to listen to Andy Howard and Peacock talk what can only be described as dribble. It all falls on deaf ears at Whiteladies Rd the sports producer mentioned above thinks its marvelous coverage, says it all really.

Dispassionated  with peacock, i had to check player to see if i clicked the Swindon link, the other **** commenting seemed to want Swindon to win as well - was getting well excited when Swindon had the ball - when commenting for the City use a person who actually is passionate about the club or supports them not some d------d or pair of d------s who were blatantly cheering the opposition on. 

Radio Bristol and Geoff  Twentyman have been very good at the coverage , of Bristol football.

It has been a lot better since Geoff has taken over. 

Yes the coverage wasn't as good as it has been and Lee Peacock arrived late and they talked about other things apart from the game. A long time ago, you didn't have coverage , only rugby.

They only said there was a goal in break of play and then didn't tell you.

One bad day at the office doesn't make it a bad show.

Geoff Twentyman is fair to all of the clubs. He stops fans that try to have a go at the teams.

One bad day, you having a laugh, its every broadcast the station is a shambles, riping you all off with their stupid txt message dribble

Have to say, I couldn't help notice the irony myself. However, 'bs3' is a fan posting his views on a fans forum, not a supposed professional broadcaster.

Point taken & agreed - Publicly funded broadcasters have a duty to provide as good a service as reasonably possible.

(in fairness the point of my post was more to do with the op appearing to be an open letter of complaint as much as a forum post... as such perhaps more grammatical accuracy appeared appropriate)

As this post isn't a serious communication and I don't wish to appear like a picky toss pot I'll just add I don't give a monkeys really... I'd rather worry about saving the good old COD LOT phrase from disappearing from common local usage. :)

Fair comment, GT is very good and im sure a good number of us appreciate him but today's coverage was a joke.

I was getting wound up by what was happening on the pitch and the comments from tweedle dee and tweedle dum.Bias toward the opposition on a Bristol Radio station, think again guys !

If anyone from Radio Bristol or Twentyman reads this forum , you coverage from the county ground today was nothing short of an absolute disgrace. Never ever employ a complete waster to comment on a football match again. Lee Peacock is a man who last appeared on Radio Bristol prior to our play off defeat against Brighton whinging and moaning about how he havent signed a new contract when he should of been focus on winning promotion and then discussing a new contract.

And now he pops up on Radio Bristol supporting Swindon and slagging off the fans and the club. You radio station cant get any worse, we as City fans are poorly served by this tin pot amerture station, Why do we have to put with this sh1t.

Who was the the presenter today? What a joke , he could hardly speak English, he said Rovers "drawing nil nil" after the match was ended . Surley they drew nil nil. And they was many more gramatical errors , to many to mention.

Swindon supporter Ed Hadwin was the presenter today. Hmmmmmm...

Point taken & agreed - Publicly funded broadcasters have a duty to provide as good a service as reasonably possible.

(in fairness the point of my post was more to do with the op appearing to be an open letter of complaint as much as a forum post... as such perhaps more grammatical accuracy appeared appropriate)

As this post isn't a serious communication and I don't wish to appear like a picky toss pot I'll just add I don't give a monkeys really... I'd rather worry about saving the good old COD LOT phrase from disappearing from common local usage. :)

Happy days.

On to Lee Peacock, the guy who spent the Brighton play-off final sat on the team bus, a chief ring-leader of the piss-heads society that Danny Wilson failed to govern, the bitter guy who's contract wasn't renewed.

Radio Bristol letting him loose as a 'neutral' at a Bristol City-Swindle game is an insult to all Bristol City supporters and speaks volumes about the station.

Archived