IGNORED

Swindon Have Done Us A Massive Favour...

spudski

....after yesterdays result, and the manner in which it was achieved, I firmly believe it will make our players even more determined to not let our top of the league status diminish.

The unbeaten run was great, but those sort of things start to become another unwanted pressure.

I can see the Club coming together, and becoming an even more determined fighting force...based on yesterday.

Can see us thumping PNE.

....after yesterdays result, and the manner in which it was achieved, I firmly believe it will make our players even more determined to not let our top of the league status diminish.

The unbeaten run was great, but those sort of things start to become another unwanted pressure.

I can see the Club coming together, and becoming an even more determined fighting force...based on yesterday.

Can see us thumping PNE.

exactly my thinking. It will only make us more determined. COYRs

I agree with Spud here. At the end of the game, all the players together came to applaud the away support yesterday. Cotts then came onto the pitch and pointed to his head at us which I took it as ' staying switched on '

I wouldn't say we looked distraught yesterday, I think we looked more p***** off!

Never like losing a match, especially if cheated out of it, however yesterday's visit to Swindle makes you realise it's much better to be City fan rather than Town.

Decaying ground, diving players, poor club attitude to everything, happy not being top of the league, low expectations......

COYR!!!

My Grandfather said after the 1909 FA Cup Final that Manchester United had done us a massive favour in beating us as it was the first Cup Final appearance for both teams and because Utd won they would become soft and he doubted they would achieve anything of note thereafter but coz City had lost narrowly they'd be chomping at the bit to win something and a steely winning mentality would be instilled which would see us become one of the most successful clubs in the world. This thought provided him with much cheer on the journey home to Temple Meads and he couldn't, for the life of him, get his head around the fact why Utd would score such an obvious own goal by winning.

My Grandfather said after the 1909 FA Cup Final that Manchester United had done us a massive favour in beating us as it was the first Cup Final appearance for both teams and because Utd won they would become soft and he doubted they would achieve anything of note thereafter but coz City had lost narrowly they'd be chomping at the bit to win something and a steely winning mentality would be instilled which would see us become one of the most successful clubs in the world. This thought provided him with much cheer on the journey home to Temple Meads and he couldn't, for the life of him, get his head around the fact why Utd would score such an obvious own goal by winning.

I think you've missed the point completely fella.

Of course a win would have been perfect.

But it was the manner in which we lost.

Like Wilbs said...if we had lost playing poorly with 11 men, then it would have been of concern.

But we lost fighting with 10 men for most of the game and only by one goal.

The team feel they would have got a result with 11 men.

What doesn't kill you...makes you stronger...a mere flesh wound, that will be licked clean, and the team will rally as one to make amends.

Can see us thumping PNE.

Top post Spudders.

I agree.

Now i'm off to church.

Those ******* bells are pissing me off.

I think you've missed the point completely fella.

Of course a win would have been perfect.

But it was the manner in which we lost.

Like Wilbs said...if we had lost playing poorly with 11 men, then it would have been of concern.

But we lost fighting with 10 men for most of the game and only by one goal.

The team feel they would have got a result with 11 men.

What doesn't kill you...makes you stronger...a mere flesh wound, that will be licked clean, and the team will rally as one to make amends.

I do get your point and it is a good one. However, Sunderland recently lost 8 to nil at Soton but that spurred them to win their next away game so as someone once said 'Football is a funny old game'.

OK playing against 10 men for virtually all of the game, but a 5-0 midweek defeat against a lower league team didn't do Swindle to much harm and that you would expect to be more devastating than 1-0 defeat against 11 men.

As long as SC doesn't enrol the squad at the same acting school that Mr Cooper did after their Cheltenham defeat, it'll be fine.

Just the tonic.

I've been saying the same thing after every City disappointment since I started watching City in the early 1960's. I'm sure I'll be proved correct eventually.

Wish I could read what he said but that site is crap and just loads up ad after ad taking up the whole page, stopped accessing it ages ago.

But I totally agree with your first post and can't wait for the PNE game - much like the players I suspect.

I installed 'Ad blocker'...it works and speeds up websites loading.

I'd rather have had the three points but I take Spudski's point.

What surprised me is that it makes me hate Swindon even more - didn't think it was possible :o

Oh, and how much I despise the City 'fans' who are so ready to blame a City player for Swindon's successful cheating :facepalm:

I agree with Spud here. At the end of the game, all the players together came to applaud the away support yesterday. Cotts then came onto the pitch and pointed to his head at us which I took it as ' staying switched on '

I wouldn't say we looked distraught yesterday, I think we looked more p***** off!

I think what Cotts was getting at here was something along the lines of : "remember this"

you lot need to get real if you think you were cheated out of the game you are all deluded do you seriously think you are a superior team to us well I can tell you your not and no where near as good as you think you are.

we are by far a better footballing side than you your game plan was to intimidate and to hit us hard which back fired plus we changed our formation second half which totally out thought your manager.

You need to get real and realise you wont play a better side that knocks the ball about than us.

a nice three points for us and yes our players were celebrating because its a local derby and yours would have done the same you just a load of bad losers who thought your team were going to steam roller us and I told you on Friday you were too confident.

Thanks again for the nice three points

you lot need to get real if you think you were cheated out of the game you are all deluded do you seriously think you are a superior team to us well I can tell you your not and no where near as good as you think you are.we are by far a better footballing side than you your game plan was to intimidate and to hit us hard which back fired plus we changed our formation second half which totally out thought your manager.You need to get real and realise you wont play a better side that knocks the ball about than us.a nice three points for us and yes our players were celebrating because its a local derby and yours would have done the same you just a load of bad losers who thought your team were going to steam roller us and I told you on Friday you were too confident.Thanks again for the nice three points

I trust you'll be coming to our place,see you there then.

you lot need to get real if you think you were cheated out of the game you are all deluded do you seriously think you are a superior team to us well I can tell you your not and no where near as good as you think you are.

we are by far a better footballing side than you your game plan was to intimidate and to hit us hard which back fired plus we changed our formation second half which totally out thought your manager.

You need to get real and realise you wont play a better side that knocks the ball about than us.

a nice three points for us and yes our players were celebrating because its a local derby and yours would have done the same you just a load of bad losers who thought your team were going to steam roller us and I told you on Friday you were too confident.

You must be so proud of winning the way you did, I guess it's true cheats do prospor

tl;dr

Archived