IGNORED

Cotterill "should Just Be Gracious In Defeat."

Touch_my_butter

"Swindon chairman Lee Power says Bristol City manager Steve Cotterill "showed no class" after his side's unbeaten start to the League One season was ended."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30081359

"He's done a fantastic job, but showed no class in the tunnel shouting and screaming 'Swindon's done this, and done that'," Power told BBC Wiltshire. "He should just be gracious in defeat."

He continued: "Great football team he's got there, but they've been battered and that's the end of it."

...thoughts?

The subtext to his statement is "if we beat you, through whatever method or manner, we should be able to goad you at the final whistle"

I think the irony is also lost on Mr Power.  For him to show any class himself he'd have stated ...."Steve was very disappointed and was understandably upset at the end of the game."

Maybe he'll show the same level of class he expects of others if/when the administrators are called in again. Maybe he'll show class in the club's business dealings with others.

Maybe.

We're all entitled to an opinion and if it were his Manager, he'd back him 100% and you would expect that.

I'd suggest the result was good news for Power as they can hopefully get an extra few quid for their 'star' players come January, they came in improved numbers for their cup final, and fine, they won but let's all move on - we are more together than I can remember for an awfully long time and that bodes well - I also know what club I'd rather be connected to and that's all that matters!

COYR

"Swindon chairman Lee Power says Bristol City manager Steve Cotterill "showed no class" after his side's unbeaten start to the League One season was ended."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30081359

"He's done a fantastic job, but showed no class in the tunnel shouting and screaming 'Swindon's done this, and done that'," Power told BBC Wiltshire. "He should just be gracious in defeat."

He continued: "Great football team he's got there, but they've been battered and that's the end of it."

...thoughts?

I don't hate Swindon because I consider them a local derby- I hate Swindon because of stuff like this.

Take a look closer to home before you mouth off about us in the media.

Unbelievable comment. I've tried to avoid the anger felt by so many ( not good for the health) but this guy really puts the cream on the cake of Sat. If he seriously thinks that the antics of his players, celebrating a fellow pro getting sent off, and after the final whistle, are "gracious", then, yes, he either doesn't know the meaning of the word or/and genuinely is as thick as pig shit.

From what I understand, Power isn't exactly Mr Popular with the fans. Slagging them off last week for not attending the Preston game, then slagging SC off now after their Cup Final. Looks like he's currying favour with the locals, nothing more

After his record at football clubs I'm surprised he's allowed anywhere near them anymore, although I'm sure he can work his magic again at Swindle

SC was raging in his pre match chat with Radio Bristol on Saturday about comments that had come out from Swindle during the week - does anyone know what was actually said? I must have missed it, but if SC got that wound up and it rubbed off on the players then it was no great surprise to see City kicking lumps (or not) out of them during the first couple of minutes

Archived