IGNORED

The Evil Post

The Casual Connoisseur

I certainly read it the same way as you. The average reader would say the OP was condoning throwing missiles at the police, I'd say.

I've encountered police sometimes treating all fans as animals too, but usually they're fine. Neither side should generalise and suggesting they're all vermin just escalates the situation.

was starting to get a whhhhooosssshhh complex so thanks for ensuring I still have my sanity mate

was starting to get a whhhhooosssshhh complex so thanks for ensuring I still have my sanity mate

I think most people would have read it that way. Sanity safe for now.

One thing the OP is bang on the money with is pathetic journalism in general from the EP- I used to get the paper but now it really is a poor excuse of a publication and to be avoided. By and large, there's certainly more credible football news on OTIB and that's really saying something!

don't know if anyone saw the policewoman on the horse after the game, she was a complete bug-eyed lunatic, whacking anything that moved with her "whip thing" she was holding, by far the most violent and aggressive person I saw all day, it's idiots like her that give the police such a bad name.

don't know if anyone saw the policewoman on the horse after the game, she was a complete bug-eyed lunatic, whacking anything that moved with her "whip thing" she was holding, by far the most violent and aggressive person I saw all day, it's idiots like her that give the police such a bad name.

Yeh, maybe but did you get her telephone number cos she sounds perfik for me

I'm not condoning 

I'm not condoning violence, but the police did nothing to help the situation.  After trying to leave the Arkell stand, with the other fans, we were confronted by a line of police on horses blocking the way out.  All this did was generate a blockage and forced the city fans into one large group.  It did nothing to segregate City and Swindon fans, and in fact did the opposite,as by the time the City fans were allowed to leave, the Swindon fans were massed and waiting.  If the City fans had been allowed to leave on time, most would have left the vicinity of the ground before the Swindon hooligans were in place.   Whoever devises these sort of tactics obviously has no idea of crowd control.

I saw saw the policewoman on the horse after the game, and agree that she she was a complete bug-eyed lunatic, whacking anything that moved.  The question that should be asked, and answered, is why she was ever let loose on a horse in a potentially difficult situation.  Of course there will be no answer from the police to any question about they way the acted.

• Admin

I saw saw the policewoman on the horse after the game, and agree that she she was a complete bug-eyed lunatic, whacking anything that moved.  The question that should be asked, and answered, is why she was ever let loose on a horse in a potentially difficult situation. 

Sounds like the same person who I witnessed before the game.

I saw saw the policewoman on the horse after the game, and agree that she she was a complete bug-eyed lunatic, whacking anything that moved.  The question that should be asked, and answered, is why she was ever let loose on a horse in a potentially difficult situation.  Of course there will be no answer from the police to any question about they way the acted.

Complain to Wiltshire Police. That's what I and many other City fans did after we had serious problems with the OTT West Midland Police at Walsall a few seasons back. There can't be many WPC horse riders in case you didn't get her number.

I'm not condoning 

I'm not condoning violence, but the police did nothing to help the situation.  After trying to leave the Arkell stand, with the other fans, we were confronted by a line of police on horses blocking the way out.  All this did was generate a blockage and forced the city fans into one large group.  It did nothing to segregate City and Swindon fans, and in fact did the opposite,as by the time the City fans were allowed to leave, the Swindon fans were massed and waiting.  If the City fans had been allowed to leave on time, most would have left the vicinity of the ground before the Swindon hooligans were in place.   Whoever devises these sort of tactics obviously has no idea of crowd control.

the police were not stopping anyone from leaving on time, all you had to do was turn right as you left the stand there were only a few police there and were not stopping anyone walking past them and making there own way home, that's what i did and a lot of other city fans

I certainly read it the same way as you. The average reader would say the OP was condoning throwing missiles at the police, I'd say.

I've encountered police sometimes treating all fans as animals too, but usually they're fine. Neither side should generalise and suggesting they're all vermin just escalates the situation.

Week you would be wrong, read it how you want.

It's the main reason I've had enough of this place, interpretation.

Guilty until proved innocent, tool.

Week you would be wrong, read it how you want.

It's the main reason I've had enough of this place, interpretation.

Guilty until proved innocent, tool.

It's a forum people see things differently than others....just come out and say that you do not condone throwing missiles at police then it's done and dusted mate...easy to say people are labelling you and I'm sure your a good person but the use of vermin and your first post do suggest you think it's ok to chuck missiles at police.

It's a forum people see things differently than others....just come out and say that you do not condone throwing missiles at police then it's done and dusted mate...easy to say people are labelling you and I'm sure your a good person but the use of vermin and your first post do suggest you think it's ok to chuck missiles at police.

Excellent post, I agree completely.

My point in defence was; why attack the post and poster when the article was the antagonist for my post as it was completely inaccurate and just tried to in some way escalate the events around a relatively peaceful "derby".

For the record; I don't condone throwing missiles, unless its a case of self defence where it's the only option between getting trampled on, which I doubt this was.

I took exception to the lack of focus directed at the article and instead myself, which I still think is unjustified.

My point in defence was; why attack the post and poster when the article was the antagonist for my post as it was completely inaccurate and just tried to in some way escalate the events around a relatively peaceful "derby".

For the record; I don't condone throwing missiles, unless its a case of self defence where it's the only option between getting trampled on, which I doubt this was.

I took exception to the lack of focus directed at the article and instead myself, which I still think is unjustified.

Welcome back.

Yes, for what it's worth, I thought the OB were pathetic.

Coming out, why did they not move that bunch of ninnies outside the Town End? They had NO reason to be there (don't think they were adding to their program collections). Typical Swindle, no desire to go "toe to toe" just safer to launch their pocket money !

Archived