IGNORED

Joe Bryan To Everton?

Rich

Why always Everton. Seriously any good young lad, or one who looks to have potential, is going to Everton. Thus far no-one has gone to Everton.

I don't believe you/you're 'source' (delete as appropriate).

Your posts on NLBR are informative and appreciated, these sort of comments are not.

I don't know of the accuracy of my post, I guess only time will tell. I only know that what I've heard has been repeated with honesty, that you don't believe it is for you to deal with and you've dealt with it by effectively calling me a liar.

I hope it's true. This is the whole point of the academy and the funds we are putting into it. If a prem team wants one of our youngsters they're not gonna get him cheap and this means the academy is working well. I would not begrudge Joe a move either, quality player he is and has fantastic potential. If it doesn't work out there he will have gained a lot of good experiences too.

Cash in, wish him well and reinvest the money.

That's what we need to do and that's what I hope we do do!

Absolutely well said. Although it'll be a real shame to see him go, football is a business (unfortunately) and City could put the money back in to the club - alas the books need balancing and the new look ground isn't free. Also, it will highlight to other youngsters in the area that City have a good academy that give youth a chance and so will attract new talent.

Absolutely well said. Although it'll be a real shame to see him go, football is a business (unfortunately) and City could put the money back in to the club - alas the books need balancing and the new look ground isn't free. Also, it will highlight to other youngsters in the area that City have a good academy that give youth a chance and so will attract new talent.

It's a fine line though, we also want and need to improve the playing squad to a higher level. If we do just balance the books we won't improve and succeed. We should be keeping the better players from the academy and selling the not so good players to teams at our level. Having said that it may well come, chicken and egg scenario I suppose.

Ofcourse the ground is free, Daddy-Lansdown is sorting it!!

It's a fine line though, we also want and need to improve the playing squad to a higher level. If we do just balance the books we won't improve and succeed. We should be keeping the better players from the academy and selling the not so good players to teams at our level. Having said that it may well come, chicken and egg scenario I suppose.

It's a good point, but if we can give the youth a chance to better the squad (and get promotion/strengthen when we can), if a strong offer comes in we can re-invest the money. Ultimately though, given the amount we have to invest in the academy, we'll have to make money somewhere to pay for it. Lets face it, we're not in the top 4 of the Prem where we don't need to sell.

It's a good point, but if we can give the youth a chance to better the squad (and get promotion/strengthen when we can), if a strong offer comes in we can re-invest the money. Ultimately though, given the amount we have to invest in the academy, we'll have to make money somewhere to pay for it. Lets face it, we're not in the top 4 of the Prem where we don't need to sell.

I have much more faith in the regime running the club nowadays than past BODs. The foundations are being laid in a slowly but surely manner. If sorry, when we get more success, then we won't abandon youth investment over team investment, though I think we might have to be a bit of a yoyo club, which will be much better than anything we've ever had.

Your posts on NLBR are informative and appreciated, these sort of comments are not.

I don't know of the accuracy of my post, I guess only time will tell. I only know that what I've heard has been repeated with honesty, that you don't believe it is for you to deal with and you've dealt with it by effectively calling me a liar.

Point taken. Apologies.

Wasn't it James Wilson who was meant to be heading there way back when? Along with Ribeiro

Marvin Elliot was going to a Premiership club a few years ago. JET was "attracting a lot of interest" when he was scoring lots of goals when SoD was here. The list is long.

This always happens on OTIB...someone hears something from a 'source', shares it on here, and gets flack. :rolleyes:

There maybe interest from Everton...it wouldn't surprise me.

There has been interest in players in the past and the signings haven't taken place... but just because the signings didn't happen, it doesn't mean there wasn't interest in the first place.

I've heard Matt Grimes of Exeter, someone we had a chance of signing, is off to Swansea in January...whether it actually happens in the end doesn't matter...but the initial interest maybe their.

A lot happens between initial interest and actual signing.

Personally I'd rather hear any 'gossip' as it sometimes reinforces things I've heard myself.

Giving 'flack' to any post mentioning this type of thing, unless it's Kachina :help:  :liar: only puts off any further posts...

I know we've lost some very credible posters recently, because of the needless negative posts towards them, and the forum is less informative because of it.

Purely down to keyboard warriors who believe it's impossible for anyone outside of the Clubs four walls, to have any credible information... :rolleyes:

Shame really...

It is hardly a surprise that rumours are beginning to circulate about our young players. We have a successful third tier side so Premier and Championship clubs will be taking an interest.

Whether this one is fact remains to be seen.

So as others have said, it is important that we get to the Championship this season, although that in itself may delay the progress of some of our more talented Academy boys. Even if City became a mid table Premier club like Swansea for example, we would still be prone to losing our best players to the big six Premier or even foreign clubs if the individual could cope with learning a new language.

Archived