IGNORED

Wade's Red Card Appeal - Upheld ? (Merged)

Major Isewater

Is this where we now see JET coming in to the team?

Not a like for like replacement obviously, but what are the other options?

Pack....maybe, and possibly wouldn't disrupt our usual pattern/style of play too much

Reid....Jury out

Others?

I would expect Pack to start at the weekend.

Should have scythed someone down as last man for his third red card of the season, kicked a water bottle as he walked off and acted like a petulant child, it would have been overturned then.

Presumably in the case you are referring to there was an alternative video that showed all the remaining Swindon players between the incident and the goal? 

Good chance for Pack, our best player in his only home league game and the obvious replacement.

At least one of the three is a cup game and it is highly unlikely we'll play 95 minutes with ten men again this season.

I have to admit I have no worries about Pack coming in. Not ideal but at least he can get ready for the hectic Xmas schedule.

What really annoys me is not so much the lack of video evidence to clear Wade, but the clear cut video evidence of the Swindon player

attacking him three times before the incident, and nothing is done about it., along with the tasteless celebration!

About time the FA did a bit more retrospective justice.

Exactly, just set up a cheap HD camera on a tripod somewhere.

Twelve cams and operators required, one to track each player, one tracking the ball - or its sods law, like the ref and officials we'll still miss a crucial bit of a random off ball incident.

(if clubs weren't so precious about their 'image rights' there's a very good chance someone in the crowd would have caught the incident on camera - and had the evidence required to make the correct decision.)

An absolute disgrace... 

However, now my thoughts turn to his replacement. The obvious choice would be Marlon Pack I assume but I just don't think he's the right replacement as he isn't attacking enough. 

I'll put my helmet on for this one but i'd quite like to see Bobby Reid in that position as he is quick and nifty and would be the most similar to Wade IMO 

I'm flipping annoyed about the injustice of this. What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty, it seems the opposite here, you must be guilty as we can't prove otherwise. Wtf? Never mind the actions of the Swindon player who was involved, or the one celebrating the red card (was it the same one?)

Yes the positives are we have other players who can step in, yes one of the games is an FA cup game so we may not have been planning on playing him anyway, yes we can rest him up. But for me the whole thing is just a stinking farce by the FA.

I expected as much from the JuanKerrs at the FA.

As numerous people have pointed out, the video evidence doesn't show the precise moment of impact, although anyone with any nouse would realise A) you don't headbutt someone with the back of your head, it would hurt you more than them B) If you pull a running person by the shoulders from behind (shown clearly on the video) they will as like as not fall into you, and C) a 5' 8" person falling backwards against a 6' 4" person isn't going to strike their face, even accidentally. I suppose you could add D) there is no evidence that Stephens suffered any injury whatsoever from this supposed headbutt.

The knob-shiners at the FA though are always going to accept the official's verdict rather than admit he may have made a cock-up.

An absolute disgrace... 

However, now my thoughts turn to his replacement. The obvious choice would be Marlon Pack I assume but I just don't think he's the right replacement as he isn't attacking enough. 

I'll put my helmet on for this one but i'd quite like to see Bobby Reid in that position as he is quick and nifty and would be the most similar to Wade IMO 

Can you see Bobby Reid and Luke Freeman in a three-man midfield?  I'm not sure I can.  I think Pack will come in and Smith will be pushed further forward.

Archived