IGNORED

Wade's Red Card Appeal - Upheld ? (Merged)

Major Isewater

Try and look at the positives now folks...if we as a Club are going to go up, we need a strong squad.

The time has come with Wade and Little out, to see if our other players can step up to the plate and deliver.

It's now or never...I would rather know now, and have a chance to strengthen in January if they aren't capable, than find out when injuries kick in later on in the season and we can't strengthen.

Hopefully...our fringe players are good enough....but we really don't know yet,as SC has pretty much kept to the same team each week, with very few early Subs.

Again....this might be a blessing in disguise.

Always trying to find a positive from a negative... ;)

I think you're absolutely spot on.

• Admin

.... not sure if the 4th official had any input on the appeal or if there was a referee accessor in the crowd who may have any input, was the linesman questioned on what appears to be his decision, it seems the FA are happy to back their officials even if they are wrong as i believe in this case they are

I was intrigued that Mark Cooper said "I know as soon as it happened the official was saying "definite red card" down his microphone"

I wouldn't have thought MC was close enough to the linesman to hear him say this, so wondered who he heard say this?

Try and look at the positives now folks...if we as a Club are going to go up, we need a strong squad.

The time has come with Wade and Little out, to see if our other players can step up to the plate and deliver.

It's now or never...I would rather know now, and have a chance to strengthen in January if they aren't capable, than find out when injuries kick in later on in the season and we can't strengthen.

Hopefully...our fringe players are good enough....but we really don't know yet,as SC has pretty much kept to the same team each week, with very few early Subs.

Again....this might be a blessing in disguise.

Always trying to find a positive from a negative... ;)

This. It is only 2 league games and I doubt he would of played against Telford anyway. Time to move on.

I was intrigued that Mark Cooper said "I know as soon as it happened the official was saying "definite red card" down his microphone"

I wouldn't have thought MC was close enough to the linesman to hear him say this, so wondered who he heard say this?

It was probably the fourth official, when you read the FA guidance on fourth officials it clearly states that he is the aid the referee at all times.

Archived