IGNORED

Joe Garner

Who Are Rovers?

Sorry how can you say this?

If in the highly unlikely event we went for him (and even more unlikely) Preston agreed to sell, why on earth would he come here for anything less in wages than we pay Agard?

There is no logic to that argument at all.

I can say this as Garner might not demand stupid money. He's probably on less than half of Agard's wage.

I'd hazard a guess that Garner doesn't earn a 5 figure weekly pay packet.

Why move from a great club with history, culture, passion, trophies and a brilliant ground to BC ? Dream on!

Ha. The 'history' one makes me chuckle a bit with PNE, impressive as it may be i think we all know the vast majority of your sucess came when TV was in black and white.

Also give us another year and a half and Ashton Gate will be bigger and better than Deepdale aswell, if you havnt seen the plans go check them out lad..

Just a thought - we are not clearly a striker short. We have two exceptional talents at this level and two talents who, by and large, work well together : indeed the 3rd best partnership in the league who helped us to a fantastic start, top of the league and high scorers in the league.

For the money he'd cost, I see no reason whatsoever to go after Garner.

you've made the point exactly: we have two strikers who are blah blah blah. Two. One...two. That's not many. Imagine if one got injured! Or sent off! Or collected five bookings? (Wilbraham already has four). What would we do then? Just play one striker, ten men?

We need greater depth. There's no point in having a chairman who has bags of money if we are not going to use it.

Good suggestion to sign Garner. Really doubt he'd come here/leave them, though, not mid-season. he's no Mo Johnston.

He really is exceptionally dirty with his elbows, too. Made Davies look like some kind of an ageing namby-pamby.

If it is a Striker we want, personally I'd look at Michael Smith of Swindon. He looked really tidy holding the ball up against Flint, and scored a great goal to beat us. Added to that Swindon will be looking to offload in January and in May. He has the same number of goals and assists to Wilbraham but in one less game. Plus he's only 23. 

you've made the point exactly: we have two strikers who are blah blah blah. Two. One...two. That's not many. Imagine if one got injured! Or sent off! Or collected five bookings? (Wilbraham already has four). What would we do then? Just play one striker, ten men?

We need greater depth. There's no point in having a chairman who has bags of money if we are not going to use it.

Good suggestion to sign Garner. Really doubt he'd come here/leave them, though, not mid-season. he's no Mo Johnston.

He really is exceptionally dirty with his elbows, too. Made Davies look like some kind of an ageing namby-pamby.

What we would do then is play JET - proven goalscorer at this level and above and/or Burns.

Burns needs a chance or he will never progress or show what he can do. I do not want us to bring in someone over him for the sake of cover. He is exactly that cover - chuck him in see how he gets on. You never know he may even bullet home a header like he did at Cheltenham.

There are only about what 10 weeks of a season where you cannot go out and loan a player in. Frankly, if Preston can get someone like Beckford in on loan on deadline day I see no reason to buy someone now as a contingency.

What people forget is there are probably 23 managers in the league who would give their left bollock for a player like JET, and we have him being kept out of the team.

What we do need to start thinking about genuinely is replacing Wilbraham, not particularly for this season, but for next. Whether we do that in January, a seller's market, or June, is a reasonable debate.

But, two blanks on the goals for column and a knee jerk reaction is not sensible.

If it is a Striker we want, personally I'd look at Michael Smith of Swindon. He looked really tidy holding the ball up against Flint, and scored a great goal to beat us. Added to that Swindon will be looking to offload in January and in May. He has the same number of goals and assists to Wilbraham but in one less game. Plus he's only 23. 

There was a rumour doing the rounds on deadline day back in the summer - Smith to City, JET to Swindon.....

I can't see him jumping ship, even to a rival. He will stay put and see if Preston get promoted, and if they don't then he will have plenty of offers anyway. January is known for price hikes to tempt desperate teams isn't it.

Ha. The 'history' one makes me chuckle a bit with PNE, impressive as it may be i think we all know the vast majority of your sucess came when TV was in black and white.

Also give us another year and a half and Ashton Gate will be bigger and better than Deepdale aswell, if you havnt seen the plans go check them out lad..

The vast majority of their success actually came when WG Grace only had designer stubble!. 

Archived