IGNORED

That Is The Best We've Played All Season

We were good, they were dreadful; I still felt we were in third gear.

Some of the euphoria on here was pathetic. As SC said we played well in the two games before, luck didn't go our way but maintain those performances we'll get the points.

We're really sorry to have missed it, but if that guarantees 3-0 away wins, Horace and I might miss a few more ;)

A result like that on the back of two defeats suggests that we've finally acquired a backbone. To be fair, I expected that from Cotterill. What I didn't expect was the tactical acuteness and the attacking spirit. Steve, we salute you!

For the people who say 'they were poor'

Maybe they were but, they were poor because we made them look that way. City closed brilliantly, move the ball well, covered and harried well and took chances. A lot of teams would have looked poor against us tonight.

Maybe they were but, they were poor because we made them look that way. City closed brilliantly, move the ball well, covered and harried well and took chances. A lot of teams would have looked poor against us tonight.

Cuts both ways. People said we were poor against Bradford but I thought they did a pretty good job on us.

We're really sorry to have missed it, but if that guarantees 3-0 away wins, Horace and I might miss a few more ;)

A result like that on the back of two defeats suggests that we've finally acquired a backbone. To be fair, I expected that from Cotterill. What I didn't expect was the tactical acuteness and the attacking spirit. Steve, we salute you!

Re tactical nous quick question; was that expectation this afternoon or when he joined.

Tbh if when he joined I absolutely join you in that. Just like I did with Wilbs, I'm shovelling humble pie because I was resoundingly wrong.

If this afternoon I think a disservice to Cotts. He has shown plenty of tactical nous. Building a team that fits 5-2-1-2 for starters is bloody difficult - getting the right back 3, disciplined two in the middle, someone who can control and dictate play in the point, and two strikers to compliment. To do that at a league one club on a budget (SCMP compliant) and to take us on the run we were.... I think no-one can question SC's tactical nous. That bloke, might not sound it, but he's clearly a damn intelligent football man.

I agree - we made them look bad, but i didn't expect us to have that dominance over them at home to make them look bad - hence why they were so bad......... Circular ;)

That performance was totally dominant.  We reduced Peterborough to looking like an Under 11s side at times.  Cotterill deserves all the credit going.  It was about mentality as much as skill - we didn't stop imposing ourselves and being aggressive but that was combined with skill and nous.

proper job

Brilliant stuff. Yes Peterborough were crap but a big part of that was because we didn't let them settle, constantly pressing them when they had the ball and forcing mistakes. It was also very pleasing to see how we took the sting out of the game and finished it off. Despite the success so far this year, there've been a few too many occasions where we've given the opposition a way back into the game when we've been cruising, so to limit Peterborough to a few long range efforts was excellent.

If anyone was in any doubt as to whether this team has what it takes to go up, then tonight should have convinced them that we do. That's not to say we'll definitely do it, but if we consistently play like that then we'll take some beating.

Apart from their insistence that all our goals were preventable and due to poor defending rather than our excellence. Infuriating.

They were right though.

First one was the obvious poor clearance....2nd the defender blocking the cross made no effort at all and 2 CBs left Wilbs Unmarkdd going for the same ball....and 3rd they were asleep from the free kick.

They looked a team completely void of confidence and ideas....reminded me of us under Del away to Millwall.....the manager will be gone.

They have a range of non league players....one or so is fair enough....but their reputation has gone to the clubs head....u can't do league 1 football with 4/5 young non league players in the same team.

I thought we were very very good....but u can see why posh are on a poor run....worst team this season by a considerable distance, especially considering they were at home.

Brilliant performance, very impressed with everyone's work rate.

Thought P'boro might have offered a bit more though. Despite their performance tonight, they're not a bad side, but they look to be seriously lacking some confidence. I think bringing back the 2 macs might be a last throw for DF. (Re) signing those two should lift any squad. I fear they may have deeper issues.

Still, we looked effing awesome so I'll not lose too much sleep tonight :laughcont:

They were right though.

First one was the obvious poor clearance....2nd the defender blocking the cross made no effort at all and 2 CBs left Wilbs Unmarkdd going for the same ball....and 3rd they were asleep from the free kick.

They looked a team completely void of confidence and ideas....reminded me of us under Del away to Millwall.....the manager will be gone.

They have a range of non league players....one or so is fair enough....but their reputation has gone to the clubs head....u can't do league 1 football with 4/5 young non league players in the same team.

I thought we were very very good....but u can see why posh are on a poor run....worst team this season by a considerable distance, especially considering they were at home.

Fair enough, I can't argue with your assessment, it just felt like the emphasis was a bit too much on what they had done wrong rather than what we were doing right.

We dominated them.

Many have said we'd get the real measure of this team once it faced defeat, and we really showed what we were about tonight.

A few had been saying that Peterborough would have a point to prove, but they looked a broken side, and we imposed ourselves accordingly.

With no league action for two weeks, this places us in an excellent position going into the Christmas period, while still allowing us a shot at progressing in the cups.

A few of the man city supporting blokes in my local (near manc) seemed impressed and knew we were top of the league. Wished us well for the rest of the season.

I should hope they do. We gave em goatee (for a fee). Forever in our debt.

Archived