IGNORED

That Is The Best We've Played All Season

Great performance.  We should cherish having Steve Cotterill as manager.  Excellent man management skills, an eye for a good player with the right attitude and a real tactical nous. In the interview on player he revealed his attention to detail. He noticed Peterborough's previous opponents slipping on a slightly difficult pitch and made sure City played with longer studs. I think he also embraced more of a passing and expansive game after taking a sabbatical and watching football on the continent after leaving forest.

As long as Steve Lansdown is here I hope and believe SC is here for the long-term regardless if whether we have any difficult runs.  Nice feel about the Club from top to bottom. Biggest test for our manager will be if we eventually get to the Premiership in future years and he has to deal with less grounded players. Nothing to suggest that he couldn't handle it and create that team spirit that is essential for any successful team.

I wasnt able to be near a tv at all, just had text/twitter updates but I'm delighted hearing so many comments on it being such a complete performance. Isn't it great handing out those type of games instead of being on the receiving end.

Well done and thank-you to ALL concerned, my club has been reborn!

A very impressive display, I really believed Posh would come at us and beat us, instead we had them on the ropes from the off, a real 'Rope a Dope' performance.....sure Posh were poor but we made them poor.

To see City's coaching team still pushing the players on, shouting instructions when the game was won was terrific can't remember us having a more positive and animated manager.

Simply outstanding.  

A very impressive display, I really believed Posh would come at us and beat us, instead we had them on the ropes from the off, a real 'Rope a Dope' performance.....sure Posh were poor but we made them poor.

To see City's coaching team still pushing the players on, shouting instructions when the game was won was terrific can't remember us having a more positive and animated manager.

Simply outstanding.

Was it a 'Rope-a-Dope' performance?

That says to me that we sat back and soaked up the punches letting Posh tire before hitting them hard.

Whereas I was of the opinion that we just completely outplayed them from the off!

Thanks very much for that. We missed it too. Looks pretty convincing, but our free kick routines are beginning to baffle even me.

Imagine what it does to the opposing team then.  I thought that the free kick with two of our players standing behind the ball was original and in fact nearly came off.

It's great to see something unusual and not just the old shot over the wall and hope it go's in.

Great to see us closing down so well and our work-rate, fluidity and creativity was top class.

All the players gave their all - they were sharp, enthusiatic and competitive.

Hats offf to Wilbrahim for taking taking that forearm smash in the face and just standing up and getting on with it. He's a tough fella.

Great performance. We should cherish having Steve Cotterill as manager. Excellent man management skills, an eye for a good player with the right attitude and a real tactical nous. In the interview on player he revealed his attention to detail. He noticed Peterborough's previous opponents slipping on a slightly difficult pitch and made sure City played with longer studs. I think he also embraced more of a passing and expansive game after taking a sabbatical and watching football on the continent after leaving forest.

As long as Steve Lansdown is here I hope and believe SC is here for the long-term regardless if whether we have any difficult runs. Nice feel about the Club from top to bottom. Biggest test for our manager will be if we eventually get to the Premier League in future years and he has to deal with less grounded players. Nothing to suggest that he couldn't handle it and create that team spirit that is essential for any successful team.

Interesting SC talked about studs, as not sure some City players took his advice! Never seen so many slip ups in a march

You can only beat what's in front of you.

Irrespective of whether Peterborough were poor or not they are near the top of the league and we made them look ordinary.

That in itself will be more damaging to them, their manager & their supporters.

It also sends out a terrific message to the rest of the league.

No, the Albion ten minutes of rough, really good atmosphere, Cheltenham fans rooting for us and some random Sheffield united fans sulking !

OK just that my lads and their mate were at the Wheatpieces pub, their mate is a Villa fan and thought City were a much better outfit.  :shifty: 

Blimey the Albion, hope you are OK!   

It was Birtles and he was spot on. All three goals could have been defended better. See my earlier post on this thread.

If City had concede 3 goals like that I'd be really pissed off.

So it wasn't a great long range effort and quick thinking by Freeman, or a fantastic turn of pave and cross by Bryan and finish by Wilbs.

Clearly they were tap ins from blind back passes from the posh defence. Just need my eyes tested and tv fixed.

For me that was the best City performance in my lifetime of a City supporter, granted I'm one of the younger fans.

Just everything about it, the whole team! The movement off the ball was as good as you will ever see, we gave Posh no time at all, they didn't know what hit em'!

If we do gain promotion, I'm certain this squad and management will push on at the next level.

Archived