IGNORED

That Is The Best We've Played All Season

You can't coach bouncebackability, full credit to the spirit of the side to stop what could of become losing run.

Been unlucky to come out of the last 2 fixtures with nothing. It really goes to show what confidence and belief can do to a team, you don't always have to have some of the best players in the league. We are lucky to have both.

You can't coach bouncebackability, full credit to the spirit of the side to stop what could of become losing run.

Been unlucky to come out of the last 2 fixtures with nothing. It really goes to show what confidence and belief can do to a team, you don't always have to have some of the best players in the league. We are lucky to have both.

bouncebackability.....quality wordage, did you swap heads to come up with that un ?

Re tactical nous quick question; was that expectation this afternoon or when he joined.

Tbh if when he joined I absolutely join you in that. Just like I did with Wilbs, I'm shovelling humble pie because I was resoundingly wrong.

If this afternoon I think a disservice to Cotts. He has shown plenty of tactical nous. Building a team that fits 5-2-1-2 for starters is bloody difficult - getting the right back 3, disciplined two in the middle, someone who can control and dictate play in the point, and two strikers to compliment. To do that at a league one club on a budget (SCMP compliant) and to take us on the run we were.... I think no-one can question SC's tactical nous. That bloke, might not sound it, but he's clearly a damn intelligent football man.

Well said that man !  weve players from all over, if they saw cotts as a bumpkin ,

they would'nt run through brick walls for him , it takes a special manager ,

to build a special team

First time I've seen us this season and I'd like t know  who let those 11 imposters out on the pitch pretending to be a Bristol City team?

That was unlike any City team I've seen for years. From the first whistle Posh hardly had a kick. I was reminded of Liverpool last season - defending from the front, playing with an intensity that stopped the opposition playing, getting an early goal and maintaining relentless pressure so that the game was effectively over after the first 15 minutes. The quality of our football was  a pleasure to behold.

I don't think it can be overemphasised what Cotterill has achieved this year. Yes. he's had resources that other clubs will envy, but to produce a team playing this confidently and stylishly from the shambolic mess he took on is nothing short of miraculous.

Over the last 4/5 seasons, whenever I have been to a game I have had a nervous knot in my stomach both before and during the entire match, fearing and expecting the worst. After the last 2 defeats I had the same knot waiting for the game to start with feeling of apprehension as to what was to come. I need not have worried and after 10 minutes I was relaxed and enjoyed the whole game without a worry. I can't remember seeing all 11 players playing at such a high level with hardly a mistake between them.

Whether we get promotion or win the league we can't know yet. What is pretty certain is that it is unlikely that any other league 1 team will match the performance we put on tonight - as others have said already, that was near perfect.

I have a smile on my face just thinking back over the game - it's a long time since I've felt that way. Christmas shopping tomorrow will not feel be so bad now!

I've been saying for weeks to friends, this City team is special. Proved it tonight. Two tough blows to the head with the defeats to Swindon and Preston... previous City sides would have crumbled. Not this team. A quality side, with spirit, organisation, desire and plenty of skill. A superb performance, I'm struggling to remember an away performance as accomplished in the past 10 years, it was absolutely faultless. Full credit to the players, the manager and the fans who travelled. Proud, proud, proud. What a team. After the dark days of the past 3 or 4 years, it feels great to feel genuine pride in the players pulling on that red and white shirt again. Over the moon.

Enjoy your weekend ladies and gents. You reds.

Apart from their insistence that all our goals were preventable and due to poor defending rather than our excellence. Infuriating.

It was Birtles who said that and he was right. The Posh defending was abysmal. The first goal came from a failure to clear the ball. The second came from Bryan's superb cross that should have been stopped and the third came because Little was able to cut inside.

That said, City took full advantage of those errors.

Birtles also said that he was very impressed with City. He said we are a good side.

Perfect answer to the critics after the last two games top performance City we're just as good off the ball then we we're on it last night

Posh never had time or space to create anything it was a city team all working for one another effort and commitment was first class

Just a shame Marlon Packs effort that hit the bar never went in enjoy the weekend fellow reds I know I will

Didn't think Fielding was outstanding tonight********************but then.....................

He did nothing, brilliantly!

Except for the early misplaced pass to the Posh player.

We made Peterborough look a very poor side with a very comprehensive away team performance. We are going up as champions. I said that in July and will keep on saying it until May when it becomes a reality.

Archived