IGNORED

Best City Team In 15 Years?

cityfan

I would say the strongest team might be debatable, I think we are a bit short of depth to say this is the strongest squad. Some of the players that have been bit players in the past few years would be more than welcome in this squad. For example, imagine having Kailfa Cisse as cover for Korey Smith. :)

The same Kalifa Cisse that turned the usually mild mannered Keith Millen into the incredible hulk by his lack of commitment and fitness when he returned from his summer break?, the same Kalifa Cisse that was so ruled by wonga that he refused to sign a new contract with us (ok at a lesser wage)? and then went on to make a total of 3 football league starts in the following 2 years?.

Yes we may be a bit short in depth, but is that best we can do?

Surely this is the best City team in the last 15 years.

Strong, quick, supportive and available, playing great football, goal's from everyone, up and back down the pitch as a team.

We've had some good players over the years, but I'm not sure we've had a better team.

Well done the players and Steve Cotterill

Really? This team as achieved nothing yet.

Gary Johnson team from 06 to 08 must be above this team but that is not to say this team could go on and win a double promotion.

Nobody can say SC is a better manager than GJ until he's surpassed his achievements.

The difficulty in comparing City managers of different eras is that the players who played under the earlier one are no longer at the club.

Obviously they're the ones who would be best placed to comment.

Dont get me wrong I loved the GJ era but the football wasnt the most attractive and we were more of a 1-0 side. This season and under Danny Wilson we played football and it was always a case of outscoring the opposition and not keeping it tight.

We werr excellent defensively under GJ which is why we ddid well but I never thought we ever played it the City way under him. Especially after the playoff season

I'm confident this is the best team since '76. Can't recall any City side playing at this standard of football. The two defeats were down To a 2nd minute dismissal and missed chances. Also confident we'll finish top come next May and be pushing for the play offs next season. I believe we've got the right people on board this time around! Thank you Mr. Lansdown.

I'm confident this is the best team since '76. Can't recall any City side playing at this standard of football. The two defeats were down To a 2nd minute dismissal and missed chances. Also confident we'll finish top come next May and be pushing for the play offs next season. I believe we've got the right people on board this time around! Thank you Mr. Lansdown.

One of the opposition managers ( I forget who) said that SC has been able to "cherry pick" the best League 1 players because of the "resources" available at Bristol City. He was obviously referring to Steve Lansdown.

That said, previous managers had pretty much the same "resources" available to them but failed to utilise them in the same way SC has. Now, I'm not sure if the goalposts have moved which might explain why that's so or maybe it's the influence of Keith Burt/ Steve Cotterill working closely together.

Whatever the reasons are the bottom line is Steve Lansdown willingness and support of our club has made an emphatic difference.City are the envy of most other League 1 clubs.

One of the opposition managers ( I forget who) said that SC has been able to "cherry pick" the best League 1 players because of the "resources" available at Bristol City. He was obviously referring to Steve Lansdown.

That said, previous managers had pretty much the same "resources" available to them but failed to utilise them in the same way SC has. Now, I'm not sure if the goalposts have moved which might explain why that's so or maybe it's the influence of Keith Burt/ Steve Cotterill working closely together.

Whatever the reasons are the bottom line is Steve Lansdown willingness and support of our club has made an emphatic difference.City are the envy of most other League 1 clubs.

Karl Robinson.

This current team/squad looks great in terms of ability, commitment and team spirit.

But I'm not sure it's as good (yet) as the 1989/90 squad.

I loved watching that team!

Shelton, Taylor, Turner, Newman, Smith, Gavin, Bailey, Rennie etc etc etc.

We beat Brum 0-4 in that unforgettable game and we even beat Chelsea!

Loved every minute of that season home and away. Those boys would give the current team one hell of a game!

Didn't we make a profit in the summer with our transfer dealings. Baldock for 2 million I think covered all our signings, plus we got a few high earners of our wage bill creating plenty of wage space.

The same Kalifa Cisse that turned the usually mild mannered Keith Millen into the incredible hulk by his lack of commitment and fitness when he returned from his summer break?, the same Kalifa Cisse that was so ruled by wonga that he refused to sign a new contract with us (ok at a lesser wage)? and then went on to make a total of 3 football league starts in the following 2 years?.

Yes we may be a bit short in depth, but is that best we can do?

No the one I watched on the pitch. The one that was so far ahead of the game at that level, he made it look like most of the other players were playing in slow motion. I don't blame any player trying to earn more money, so if he thought he could do better, good luck to him. He took a gamble and it didn't work, what that has got to do with the way he played for us, I have absolutely no idea.

Archived