IGNORED

Mat Smith Has A Large Bottom

Marina's Rolls Royce

That was just about the only thing I noticed about this player last night.

Oh- maybe also that he doesn't seem to add anything to the team, is  very poor cover for Wilbs and answered my question as whether these two can play together effectively  which apparently they can't and he didn't look match fit anyway.

Has the fat and lazy one fallen so far out of favour that Mat Smith is preferred?

You are correct, he was very poor last night, but I remember Wade Elliott's debut at Brentford and the following home game where he looked as though he had never played before. I won't judge Smith until he has played at least 4 or 5 games, or part games , more likely.

Good point about Elliott, remember he was awful against Carlisle at home and I was thinking we've signed another past it journeyman

That was just about the only thing I noticed about this player last night.

Oh- maybe also that he doesn't seem to add anything to the team, is  very poor cover for Wilbs and answered my question as whether these two can play together effectively  which apparently they can't and he didn't look match fit anyway.

Has the fat and lazy one fallen so far out of favour that Mat Smith is preferred?

Well I'm glad it was you who said it :laugh:

I alluded to this in another thread. He's obviously spent a lot of time sat on his arse lately...he reminded me of Pitman...like two bags of sugar down his pants. Bloke could hardly move.

On the way back from the game, SC mentioned that he was a big unit to move around the pitch and that he needed match time.

Apparently he was happy with his contribution, and said it was timing of his headers that needed most work on.

He hardly won a header all night...

He should be looking at Wilbs and thinking that bloke is 35 and twice as agile as me and trim... Seriously needs some game time and some squat work imho.

You are correct, he was very poor last night, but I remember Wade Elliott's debut at Brentford and the following home game where he looked as though he had never played before. I won't judge Smith until he has played at least 4 or 5 games, or part games , more likely.

Thank you for your sensible And intelligent post Mr Anonyhorse , how many times do we have to listen to new arrivals being slagged off after 5 mins of football ?

Perhaps the OP just has a thing for portly men ?

Or perhaps he's talking about Mel Smith ?

Thank you for your sensible And intelligent post Mr Anonyhorse , how many times do we have to listen to new arrivals being slagged off after 5 mins of football ?

Perhaps the OP just has a thing for portly men ?

Or perhaps he's talking about Mel Smith ?

Where's the love now then ATB? My OP was observational from attending the match last night, your observation is keyboard based. 

Write off a player who's only played 60 mins in a JPT game, which was also his first bit of first team football in months. Fantastic.

Fair point. 67 mins and then City looked a different side when he came off. But  he has only another seven games in his loan period including JPT area final first leg.

No one could seriously suggest he could start in place of Wilbs or Agard in his six league outings at BCFC. He is not a payer who would naturally play along side Wilbs. He has started 3 matches for Fulham this season so obviously Fulham don't regard him as good enough for first team or as cover on the bench.

I think he looked lacking match sharpness unlike the now injured Todd Kane. I take the point about defence but we brought him in as a centre forward not to bolster defence.

My point is that if either Wilbs or Agard can't start then Matt Smith doesn't seem like great cover to me given that we have a much fitter Jet as a realistic option but who also has a portly bottom.

Mind you, I posted that Wes Burns wasn't decent cover up front and that El Abd was a liability so I can't get it right all the time.

Also,  my bottom is trim but I can't play football at all.

Where's the love now then ATB? My OP was observational from attending the match last night, your observation is keyboard based.

Fair point. 67 mins and then City looked a different side when he came off. But he has only another seven games in his loan period including JPT area final first leg.

No one could seriously suggest he could start in place of Wilbs or Agard in his six league outings at BCFC. He is not a payer who would naturally play along side Wilbs. He has started 3 matches for Fulham this season so obviously Fulham don't regard him as good enough for first team or as cover on the bench.

I think he looked lacking match sharpness unlike the now injured Todd Kane. I take the point about defence but we brought him in as a centre forward not to bolster defence.

My point is that if either Wilbs or Agard can't start then Matt Smith doesn't seem like great cover to me given that we have a much fitter Jet as a realistic option but who also has a portly bottom.

Mind you, I posted that Wes Burns wasn't decent cover up front and that El Abd was a liability so I can't get it right all the time.

Also, my bottom is trim but I can't play football at all.

I chastised my kids cause i love them ,so don't worry .I just want what's best for you .

You assume i was n't there last night .

Players are too quickly branded duff without giving them the time to adjust and fit in with new team mates ,systems etc...

Witness the embarrassing posts from those "experts" who wrote off Elliott after two minutes .

It's always the same on here and it just makes the poster look stupid .

If after 10 games Smith is still struggling then fair enough .

Asked a Oldham fan in the office about him when he signed. Basically said he was rubbish! Said that he just lived off of his performance against Liverpool.

I'll reserve judgement until he is match fit and I've seen him play myself. I'm sure he will provide decent cover for Wilbraham from what little I've seen of him for his previous clubs.

Matt Smith certainly looked unfit and in need of a pre season. Have Fulham not got a fitness coach.?

Hope he is not just here for us to get him fit for somebody else to benefit. Reminded me of Bennet we had from Posh last season, lets hope he can improve. Who was the last short term loanee who was any good (not counting season long loans or greater than 3 months), I can't of any but wait to be corrected.

You're absolutely right mate, when I saw Wade for the first time I was wondering what the hell we had signed, I thoughtnthe same when I first saw Bikey.

Now I can't imagine the team without Wade Elliott leading the chaps.

It takes time to settle into any new job

He was damn good at defending especially corners.

Coventry were very big and very strong and we needed him in there.

As for attacking.. not great but does add a different option.. and hopefully he'll get better.

Spot on. He was clearly not match fit and was poor overall but this was the sole reason he started alongside Wilbs. Coventry were a big side and Cotts must have thought that with those two defending any Sky Blue set pieces we would be so much stronger. He got it right again ! Becoming a Master Tactician !  

Archived