IGNORED

How Ever Bad Is The Food At Ashton Gate

Cider-in-a-can

I think most clubs have completely overlooked catering for the last 30 years.

Buying food 'out' was either a necessity, or a treat.

These days, there is an expectation that quality food will be available and that people are happy to pay for it.

Would I pay seven or eight quid for a top quality pie, mash and veg before a Tuesday night game when I have just come from work? Yes. As long as it was properly cooked.

Would I pay five or six quid for a burger on a Saturday if it was of 'Chomp' quality? Again, yes.

Should the club cater for all budgets? ABSOLUTELY.

Hopefully, multiple outlets in the redeveloped stadium will cater for both convenience and quality seekers.

Seem to recall a Balti Pie at Notts Co (a) being an absolute triumph back in the day

Knew this Notts County fan at Uni and all he had to say for himself (regarding his choice of football team) was that the pies at Meadow Lane were the best in the football league.

No one ever disproved his claim it has to be said.

Went this season, and it still is

.can't beat a pukka pie, really hard to mess warming a decent pie up ....or so you would think

I still remeber eating a very decent balti pie at Boundary Park, Oldham about 12-13 years ago, absolutey belting it were. I've been going to the gate since '92 and never once bought hot food inside the ground.

I've never eaten anything from inside the ground either, or to think of it even bought a drink. I always manage to eat before, even if it is nly a sandwich or I eat afterwards. Sometimes someone has a pie near me and I must admit it does smell nice...but looks less appealing.

I did go to the Mem last season when we had our free rugby match with our ST. They sent vouchers with the tickets entitling you to get a pasty for a quid if I remember rightly. Never has a pound been better spent, it was lovely and huge, more than enough for me. I believe our caters are changing, hopefully we can get these pasty makers in, another coup if we steal these fom the Gas. Failing that Clarke's pies or pasties never disappoint.

I still remeber eating a very decent balti pie at Boundary Park, Oldham about 12-13 years ago, absolutey belting it were. I've been going to the gate since '92 and never once bought hot food inside the ground.

I can corroborate that. I went to a 0-0 on a Tuesday night, had 3 of those pies in the end to relieve the boredom. 

Tried the meat and potato pie away at Oldham last season. I couldn't tell you what the meat was exactly, but it tasted brilliant.

Seems to be some kind of rebranding with the name and their is some kind of dispute going on with the family. Where have we heard this before in Cardiff?http://www.ukwirednews.com/news/1459681/Clark-s-Pies-Cardiff-name-row-with-Victoria-Park-Pie-Company

As long the dispute doesn't effect the quality of the pies I don't really care.

As long the dispute doesn't effect the quality of the pies I don't really care.

I'll agree with you on that, very nice are clark's pies. I think they are selling them in The Robins as well.

I was a bit disappointed when I went to Clarks village a few weeks ago, I couldn't find any clark's pies!

My parents are ST holders at the egg chasers and could not believe the poor standard of the food at AG. They are still moaning that the Ruby and White burger van and the Cornish Pasty Company are not there when they venture down to watch the rugby.

I did warn them about Lindleys though!

Archived