IGNORED

Swindle At It Again

Rudolf Hucker

Not sure but their midfielder Thompson is going to Norwich apparently. I hope they have to sell some players. Maybe we should buy obika from his parent club, that will show them who's boss.

Thompson is already a Norwich player, sold by Swindon to Norwich in the summer and loaned straight back for this season.

Preston looked decent too, hopefully we will strengthen in January and there will be nothing to be concerned about.

You have to remember Cotts pulled some master strokes in the summer with his transfer targets, hopefully he will work some magic again.

Aaron Wilbraham, Luke Ayling, Luke Freeman, Mark Little, Kieran Agard and Korey Smith were not masterstrokes! They'd walk in to most teams in this division and that would have been the case prior to the seasons start. For the record, I have no problem with this.

I do wonder whether Bristol City's strengthening in January will be hindered by FPPPPPPPPPPP rules? You folks would know more than me on that matter.

Aaron Wilbraham, Luke Ayling, Luke Freeman, Mark Little, Kieran Agard and Korey Smith were not masterstrokes! They'd walk in to most teams in this division and that would have been the case prior to the seasons start. For the record, I have no problem with this.

I do wonder whether Bristol City's strengthening in January will be hindered by FPPPPPPPPPPP rules? You folks would know more than me on that matter.

According to recent quotes from within the Club, we have not used up our 60% of turnover on players wages. So room for a couple or three in but maybe one or two out permanently

I like the way the Swindle fans are saying that they beat Notts County 3-0 away (against 10 men again may I add) while City scrape a lucky 1-0 home win against Crawley Town.

How they forget in their last game, they scrape a lucky 1-0 home win against Fleetwood while we beat Peterborough away 3-0 and they had 11 players on the pitch.

Apparently, Swindle were lucky to have nobody sent off against County, hopefully refs will get wise to their antics.

According to recent quotes from within the Club, we have not used up our 60% of turnover on players wages. So room for a couple or three in but maybe one or two out permanently

Fair enough. It can't be far off and I imagine the inevitable exit of one Emmanuel-Thomas would free up a little bit more.

We have a relatively small squad Rich, I would imagine some wheeling and dealing that would reduce that even further (El Abd and maybe JET unfortunately), that would free up funds for more bargains,

I like the way the Swindle fans are saying that they beat Notts County 3-0 away (against 10 men again may I add) while City scrape a lucky 1-0 home win against Crawley Town.

How they forget in their last game, they scrape a lucky 1-0 home win against Fleetwood while we beat Peterborough away 3-0 and they had 11 players on the pitch.

Apparently, Swindle were lucky to have nobody sent off against County, hopefully refs will get wise to their antics.

Isn't it funny how Swindon fans know so much about what City are up to and vice-versa? You're referring to 'lucky scrapes' when you didn't watch the game just the same as Town fans are for your club. It's equally nonsensical from both sides. Both sides are getting excited and believing in their teams - it's natural and I suggest you enjoy your success and we shall enjoy ours. We should all know that the feel good factor doesn't last forever.

...and we played Notts County off the park yesterday for 90 minutes, scoring 2 of our 3 against 11 men. You played Peterborough off the park - we did for 70 minutes the week before but stopped at 2-0 up.

We have a relatively small squad Rich, I would imagine some wheeling and dealing that would reduce that even further (El Abd and maybe JET unfortunately), that would free up funds for more bargains,

Thanks PSR. The only reason I suggested is because you do have a small senior squad (yet full of quality) that it's surprising that you haven't got 2 or 3 more to bolster and compete. I understand another should have come in with Kane.

Don't forget that the 40 odd million pounds worth of improvements being carried out to Ashton Gate at the moment, are not being funded by the club, so we don't have to set aside any income for that.

Against my start of year predictions, Swindon are overperforming most, and Orient underperforming.

At the moment, there is really very little to split the top four on the pitch. Gut feel, MK and Swindon will be happy to come out of January as strong as they are now, whilst Preston and us are the most likely of the four to look strengthen. I also believe Swindon are down two of their best players for pretty much the whole of January. Teams most likely to catch us from the pack? Always keeping an eye on Sheff Utd, simply because of budget.

In fairness to Swindon they are playing a type of football I was not sure could bring success at this level, and doing it well. Given an average amount of luck with injuries etc, think this will go to the wire. Just got to enjoy it!

:facepalm:

:thumbsup:

Sorry Rich, as you are probably aware, making statements without a hint of irony and making sweeping generalisations about opposition supporters is the bread and butter of all football forums. Going back to the slightly more intelligent discussion...... what do you think the chances of your club retaining the loan players you have and turning down offers for the better players in Jan?

Sorry Rich, as you are probably aware, making statements without a hint of irony and making sweeping generalisations about opposition supporters is the bread and butter of all football forums. Going back to the slightly more intelligent discussion...... what do you think the chances of your club retaining the loan players you have and turning down offers for the better players in Jan?

Town have Jordan Turnbull (Southampton) along with Louis Thompson and Harry Toffolo (both Norwich) for the season and unless Southampton require him in the first team, Jack Stephens will probably stay for the remainder. Quotes suggest that Saints have been very happy with Swindon over Stephens and Turnbull so it wouldn't surprise me if the send more in the future.

Finally, I'm sure Amari'i Bell will go back to Birmingham.

The club have agreed to keep Foderingham in the loop regarding interest from clubs in higher divisions, I like to think he'd stay if we went up (unless we/he got a brilliant offer elsewhere).

Luongo will go on to bigger and better things, maybe January, maybe the summer.

I know, it is a real face palm moment when the manager you wanted out takes you to second in the league. You seem a humble chap though, Rich, so I'm sure you realise the error of your ways.

I know, right!? It's not as though fans of the Bristol City persuasion kicked up a stink against one Steve Cotterill at any point  ;)

If you want the complete truth, I didn't want Cooper in the first place. Like all Town appointments I have supported him since the moment he was given the gig full-time and he's thus far proved my initial concerns as nothing more than ridiculous. However, Cooper will be the first to admit that he won't consider anything other than promotion as an achievement.

I'm not really the sort of chap to call for a managers head. I was probably one of the last Town fans to abandon my support for Maurice Malpas, and he was terrible.

They are getting cocky on their forum. Apparently we will slip away because we only have 1 decent striker and don't score enough goals! We will see what their squad is like come January.

Oh dear, they've only scored two more but also conceded 1 more than us so...... by that reasoning they'll slip away because their conceding too many! I do wonder if there's even a handful of brain cells between them. Although Rich, your alright, too intelligent for a town fan, do they force you to go?

Oh dear, they've only scored two more but also conceded 1 more than us so...... by that reasoning they'll slip away because their conceding too many! I do wonder if there's even a handful of brain cells between them. Although Rich, your alright, too intelligent for a town fan, do they force you to go?

No, no. It's my choice.

Although I would argue that the use of the word 'cocky' may be a little over the top. It's funny because there's clearly a lot of lurking within the forums/social networks from both sets of fans. At some point I might plant some deliberately hyperbolic pro-STFC/anti-BCFC comments on a Town forum just so they can be republished on OTIB as fact. This would be purely for my own amusement  :innocent06:

I do not like the way Cooper junior has them playing, niggly fouls, petty attitude, moaning at refs etc.

But on this occasion, watch the Notts player look behind him as the ball is played by the Notts defender, as if he is thinking of doing some damage to the Swindon player.

But once again, is it Thompson, applauding the red card. Poor attitude.

I do not like the way Cooper junior has them playing, niggly fouls, petty attitude, moaning at refs etc.

But on this occasion, watch the Notts player look behind him as the ball is played by the Notts defender, as if he is thinking of doing some damage to the Swindon player.

But once again, is it Thompson, applauding the red card. Poor attitude.

I can absolutely see where you're coming from and this is not a justification but for years and years, Swindon were on the receiving end of many losses against seemingly injury feigning, whining, petty and often nasty sides and boy-oh-boy did we ever moan after these games.

The moral high-ground doesn't get you everywhere in football and I do think that generally it's a case of it being rubbish when you're the victim but 'a part of the game' when it's your side doing it. Also, the crimes Swindon have been charge with on OTIB aren't really that bad - The Wade Elliott incident aside because the video doesn't conclusively condemn anyone.

Since the Town game, I've read a good few comments on here where I've thought 'if that was a Swindon player you'd go mental' but I understand the tribalism that football following is.

Pity we didn't have the diligent camera man for Elliot's red card.

As for Noble's red card, obviously he was expected to have eyes in the back of his head (as was Elliot).

Maybe fans should set up an equivalent of the oscars with nominations at the end of the season, a vote and the player with the best acting skills sent a trophy. Just what could we call such an award? The 'The Divey award', 'The Wan*er award' or something more subtle, 'The PADI award'?

What's wrong with that? I know enough Swindle fans to make a similar opinion.

Just because it maybe a 'football fan' mentality doesn't mean its incorrect... its not a generalisation in my eyes.

What's wrong with that? I know enough Swindle fans to make a similar opinion.

Just because it maybe a 'football fan' mentality doesn't mean its incorrect... its not a generalisation in my eyes.

All clubs fans are a cross section of society, no matter who they support so like society each fan base contains people you wouldn't piss on if they were on fire. That also means that each club has a set of fans who are intelligent articulate and fair minded. Rich is a good example from the Swindle set and MiahDennehy would be a good example from NLBR. Therefore sweeping generalisations, whilst fun, are too easy to make and often wrong.

Archived