IGNORED

Blue Away Shirt?

JM91

205 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Simple Poll, and to be honest, looking forward to seeing people's views on the matter.  

I'm exiled rather far from Bristol, and with the prospect of a Wembley final, have been quizzed on how often we reach finals and generally about the level of success we get down here!  

Anyway, conversation turned to the FA Cup, and how in 120 years we have reached the final just once.

I'm sure most are aware, but we wore a blue shirt, white shorts and blue socks for the match.  

I'm intrigued as to whether people would welcome this back?

I'm very much into making 'traditions' and making a Club stand out.

We wear red and white at home...as do many other Clubs.

We've worn numerous different coloured away shirts over the years all very similar to other teams.

For me...the Purple and Lime combo...should become our traditional alternate kit.

I'd like to think that when people see it...they automatically think of Bristol City.

If you see Blue and white quarters...apart from feeling sick, you automatically know who it is.

We need something to define us...we are too much alike to many other teams.

Red and white at home.

Purple and Lime away

And a third kit can be changed every year to whatever colour is popular with the fans.

Simple Poll, and to be honest, looking forward to seeing people's views on the matter.  

I'm exiled rather far from Bristol, and with the prospect of a Wembley final, have been quizzed on how often we reach finals and generally about the level of success we get down here!  

Anyway, conversation turned to the FA Cup, and how in 120 years we have reached the final just once.

I'm sure most are aware, but we wore a blue shirt, white shorts and blue socks for the match.  

I'm intrigued as to whether people would welcome this back?

Is there a categorical diff btwn NO and NEVER? I switched from one to the other. But I'm not telling you which way. Unless you ask nicely. I've had a rough day.

I can't believe people are contemplating blue, even taking the mick! Bristol football and blue are associated with the non leaguers. Ask them to wear red and see what answer you would get?

Never, never, never put City in anything even resembling blue!!

Maybe I'm getting old but over my dead body should City EVER wear any shade of that colour! :grr:

I'd like to see our 'third' kit be mainly white, but incorporate both red and blue...so why not show a nod to our friends Willem II ;-)

Bristol City already has, and had an identity and culture that our friends from Tilburg admire. It is a red and white and white and black one.

lastday.jpg

Bristol City already has, and had an identity and culture that our friends from Tilburg admire. It is a red and white and white and black one.

lastday.jpg

Yes I'm aware of all of that fella...but it would give a reason for having any blue in our kit... Willem II playing in red, white and blue stripes, if you get my drift.

Archived