IGNORED

Blue Away Shirt?

JM91

205 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes I'm aware of all of that fella...but it would give a reason for having any blue in our kit... Willem II playing in red, white and blue stripes, if you get my drift.

Your drift is understood, but it would not be a reason to include a fad in a Bristol City kit. Our friends from Tilburg admire the authenticity of a culture of the club [ its fans]. That culture is based upon an earthy traditionalism, not the shallow whims of modern football and its tawdry gimmicks where the identity of football clubs are prostituted to the market.

The adoption of blue would be the road to fire and passions red.

Clubs can change, sweat financially their identity assets, but also preserve the past.

I'd not be against it, but I'm with Spud - lets have purple and lime, so that people know it's Bristol City

We have a badge that looks so generic, it could be Huddersfield, it might be Bury, so lets have something that says to one and all who we are

Blue comes in many different colours, we can have a blue that isn't like the same as a certain non league club. As opposed as it making us look like them, think of it as the biggest piss take, we'll take that and make it look better

United have worn blue as away / 3rd kits for years, completely different blue to City. If they can get over it I'm sure we could

Your drift is understood, but it would not be a reason to include a fad in a Bristol City kit. Our friends from Tilburg admire the authenticity of a culture of the club [ its fans]. That culture is based upon an earthy traditionalism, not the shallow whims of modern football and its tawdry gimmicks where the identity of football clubs are prostituted to the market.

The adoption of blue would be the road to fire and passions red.

Clubs can change, sweat financially their identity assets, but also preserve the past.

As I said in an earlier post mate...I'm all for creating history and tradition.

That's why I'm all for making us stand out and be known for something that is different from other Clubs.

The purple and lime should be embraced as our own...our own identity.

Gas are known straight away for blue and white quarters...not many other teams around the world play in that.

Willem II play in a kit that again...is identifiable as them.

We play in a generic red and white kit...that many, many teams play in.

We've had numerous away kit colours that again have all been played in by others.

The purple and Lime really sticks out and could become a tradition...lets make it a tradition.

I love the fact many foreign Clubs stick by there traditional colours...much more so than here.

It would please me to have...

Red and White at home.

Purple and Lime away.

Red, white and blue stripes like Willem II as a third choice.

And keep it like that for many many years... We do seriously need something to Identify us from others.

That is why the Purple and Lime has been embraced so much...it makes us... US....

Plus it's nod to history which we can base the tradition on, from that great giant killing against Liverpool.

Players can pull it on...knowing that often we as Bristol City are the under dog...but you can be a giant killer like those before them.

It has all the hall marks of being a great tradition, that could be spoken about in 50 years time, as to why we wear Purple and Lime.

As I said in an earlier post mate...I'm all for creating history and tradition.

That's why I'm all for making us stand out and be known for something that is different from other Clubs.

The purple and lime should be embraced as our own...our own identity.

Gas are known straight away for blue and white quarters...not many other teams around the world play in that.

Willem II play in a kit that again...is identifiable as them.

We play in a generic red and white kit...that many, many teams play in.

We've had numerous away kit colours that again have all been played in by others.

The purple and Lime really sticks out and could become a tradition...lets make it a tradition.

I love the fact many foreign Clubs stick by there traditional colours...much more so than here.

It would please me to have...

Red and White at home.

Purple and Lime away.

Red, white and blue stripes like Willem II as a third choice.

And keep it like that for many many years... We do seriously need something to Identify us from others.

That is why the Purple and Lime has been embraced so much...it makes us... US....

Plus it's nod to history which we can base the tradition on, from that great giant killing against Liverpool.

Players can pull it on...knowing that often we as Bristol City are the under dog...but you can be a giant killer like those before them.

It has all the hall marks of being a great tradition, that could be spoken about in 50 years time, as to why we wear Purple and Lime.

FL32_zpsab462035.jpg

Last one as this will simply fall into tit for tat dull posting.

I love the fact many foreign Clubs stick by there traditional colours...much more so than here... There is already a network of fans who celebrate the history and traditions of Bristol City via an existing supporting culture. With all respect one night at Anfield "masterminded" by a Manager fans quite rightfully drove out does not supersede it.

Personally, I don't even count Rovers as a rival so have no issue against blue.  

For me saying no to blue because of Rovers would be like saying no to green because of Yeovil.

There is a generation of City fans, myself included, for whom Rovers have never actually been a competitor.  I can't remember the last time we played them in the league, just the JPT and lets face it, it looks as if many won't even go to the final of that if we get there.

As far as I am concerned, we own Bristol and nothing should be off limits to us. 

Surely referring to something traditional would be more akin with reaching an FA Cup final than one win over Liverpool in 94.

Personally would welcome it. But given the ridiculous backlash from a minority to that yellow away kit with blue trim a few years ago it'll probably never happen.

When we were known as Bristol Southend we used to play in a red top, dark blue shorts and socks. Also in the 3 lions there is a framed shirt of the 1909 FA cup final which is blue.

I'm used to red and white now so I think I will stick with that. I do agree with the purple being the away kit, with the third kit being white and black.

Personally would welcome it. But given the ridiculous backlash from a minority to that yellow away kit with blue trim a few years ago it'll probably never happen.

Football is still a tribal sport, colours and identity are important to a lot of football fans.

In Bristol...Red = City, Blue = Rovers. That's not just how we see it, but also how all other football fans see it.

I like the fact that football fans in general get so heated over things like kit colour, these people are standing up for our identity as a football club.

I wouldn't mind a navy and black away kit. Be nothing like rovers kit. Think it sounds a bit childish to completely dismiss it because a local non league team plays in light blue and white quarters. Its giving them far to much respect in my opinion. Man Utd/City and Liverpool/Everton have never had a problem wearing their rivals colour either.  

Are people still going to say no,never if rovers go into admin in the summer and get relegated to the conference south?

I wouldn't mind a sky blue and white striped away kit similar to Lazio or Argentina, it would look completely different to any kind of blue the gash have worn.

Whilst on the subject of not wearing the same colour as them across the river, haven't people twigged that we've shared away strip colours ie. black, yellow, white kits etc.. for years and nobody has batted an eyelid at that !

Archived