IGNORED

Cotterill Says "stay Until The End"

myol'man

I don't mind people leaving early as long as they don't block others view etc. It is them missing the late goals not me...and it is good to see City who are the ones doing the some of the late scoring this season (Notts County, Chesterfield, Telford, Crawley). Usually you can rely on us to concede more than we score late on.

Yep, I've done that a few times myself.  It does make getting away a whole lot easier and I'm in the car on the way along North Street whilst everyone else is still trying to get out of the ground

Why the hurry to get home?  

What are you doing that you need to rush off? 

It's not like trying to beat the rush home from work - this is supposed to be leisure time....  

I don't mind people leaving early as long as they don't block others view etc. It is them missing the late goals not me...and it is good to see City who are the ones doing the some of the late scoring this season (Notts County, Chesterfield, Telford, Crawley). Usually you can rely on us to concede more than we score late on.

Goals in last ten minutes (For- Against)

City 7-3

MK Dons 9-5

Sheff Utd 12-4

Swindlers 6-4

More here http://www.soccerstats.com/timing.asp?league=england3

I can understand driving but if you're on the train surely you've got a chance for a pint or two at the Templar before you catch the train??!

Considering I went to games with my dad who had to drive home straight after games anyway, a pint or two alone wouldn't really have appealed, also the fact my campus wasn't in Newport so had to get a bus out to the campus as well. Usually got back after 11 as it was and played rugby on Wednesdays so liked getting a fair amount of sleep Tuesdays.

I understand why people can get annoyed but at the same time it would be nice for people to understand that people have reasons why they leave early, I no longer go to Uni in Wales so can now stay till the end when I can go.

zzzzzzzzzzzzz and what time must we be in our seats by? does anyone arriving after 3 not get in? must we be in by 2.45,2.50.2.55? we cant all arrive at the same time so should Williams be in by 2.45 ; Atyeo by 2.50; and the Dolman by 3.00?

what time can we go for refreshments halftime whistle? 2mins before, 5mins before :dunno:

Way to much PC stuff and total carp no wonder the Stadiums dying a death. :reaper:

I was thinking about this the other day. 

I wonder if after the re-development. When we have nice shiny new bars and areas you would happily spend time in, if , many will hang around for scores or to meet up with mates etc.

If the bars were good enough, this could ease the exodus and so help with the traffic flow.

This and better use of park and ride and the traffic could be own graded form 'Nightmare' to 'horrendous' .

Also the walkways and exits will be improved, so egress (as planning types like to say) will be improved. If the new and revamped stands have been designed properly, you won't have to factor in 10 minutes of jostling about to get out the Dolman at the end of a game.

Live over an hours drive away so very occasionally I may leave a few minutes before the end because no parking any sense near the ground . But my seat,s are on the end by a walkway so make sure I don't block anybody,s view . hopefully when we have the new stands finished excess wil be quicker in and out hate it when loads of the crowd are still trying to get to there seat when we kick off spoils the atmosphere

Used to sit in Dolman block B. For evening games I left my seat at 90 mins and stood by the exit (making absolutely sure not to obstruct anyone's view) and then had to sprint all the way to temple meads as soon as the whistle went. I couldn't bear to miss any of the game.

There's plenty of room by the exit where you don't get in anyone's way.

I think Red Rob you are partially correct about better egress post new stands. However, the underlying problem has to be, as others have noted, the worse than useless situation with parking and generally poor or a 'distance walk' public transport offerings.

it is a pity the club has not seen fit or, more likely, not been able to make a big announcement about a sea change in all of the above for the better. Let us compare cinema.. cribbs gives literally thousands of car parking places whereas the city centre provides loads of multi storey car parks and much more frequent or closer public transport; Ashton Gate surely is the worst, by a country mile, when it comes to arriving or leaving the area. Ashton Vale, probably, would have been infinitely better but that opportunity has gone due to soon to be repealed ancient village green laws. This, however, does not stop the Council pulling their finger out and getting a train station sorted right outside the ground that offers a train every 10 minutes post match for an hour; they would fill it to the rafters. I am trying to understand how this cannot possibly have been done before other than an inept council or archaic laws preventing it happening.

You cannot blame anyone for leaving early. They have trains or buses to catch that are simply an age to reach or have pathetic timings compared to City matches, they have children responsibilities or their car is parked a good mile away.. if you are elderly, particularly, its a pain in the backside and the club car park is simply not big enough or too expensive for some. The club should do a correlation between reducing the price, expanding capacity on site or off site with free shuttle and the attendance figures. You would also reduce the moaning, reduce the congestion outside the ground and generally please society, those that go to the match or leave the city centre at the wrong time and get snarled up. And pleasing society, making more people happy is surely part of the equation for everyone who holds public office or is in a position of power and has a business that needs to be successful.

I went in the Dolman a couple of times only because the Williams was full and I get what people are saying about loiterers at the end.. it really does spoil the enjoyment from that stand particularly.

And finally, the stewards and the club need to insist people leave the ground if they get up and, in any way, obscure a view.

I still want to know what it is that those who leave early to "beat the traffic" do with the extra 15-20 minutes they supposedly gain, that makes it so worthwhile (excluding work)?

Holly Willoughby waiting at home on a promise that expires at 5pm is about the only valid reason I can think of.

I think it's a case of mentality. People are not prepared to sit in a grid lock around BS3 for 20 minutes for the sake of 5 minutes of football. Due to the number of stressors in modern Britain, namely those of time and money, we have created an impatient society.

Leaving early is essentially beating the queue, which let's face it, is an understandable desire. People don't tend to leave the cinema early but you don't have 5-figured numbers all trying to leave that area at the same time.

I think it's a case of mentality. People are not prepared to sit in a grid lock around BS3 for 20 minutes for the sake of 5 minutes of football. Due to the number of stressors in modern Britain, namely those of time and money, we have created an impatient society.

Leaving early is essentially beating the queue, which let's face it, is an understandable desire. People don't tend to leave the cinema early but you don't have 5-figured numbers all trying to leave that area at the same time.

I think you are right , but lets say we are a couple of goals up and the result looks to be assured , perhaps then i can understand it to a degree , on saying that i have to clap the boys off the field , thats just me .

but if the match is tight or we are drawing with 5 minutes to go , pushing for a winner , how the hell anyone can leave is beyond me .

I think you are right , but lets say we are a couple of goals up and the result looks to be assured , perhaps then i can understand it to a degree , on saying that i have to clap the boys off the field , thats just me .

but if the match is tight or we are drawing with 5 minutes to go , pushing for a winner , how the hell anyone can leave is beyond me .

Me neither.

I have on occassion left early when a defeat is assured, out of frustration and rage as in "**** this! I'm going home".

But when a win is assured I stay and share in the celebratory moment, surely that's the whole point?

Each to their own and it doesn't bother me but I couldn't walk away from a win early unless I had to.

People seem very clinical. We have the 3 points, we know the outcome, that's all that matters. Whatever happened to enjoying the moment? To hell with a slight inconvenience leaving the area if we've won!

I think Red Rob you are partially correct about better egress post new stands. However, the underlying problem has to be, as others have noted, the worse than useless situation with parking and generally poor or a 'distance walk' public transport offerings.

it is a pity the club has not seen fit or, more likely, not been able to make a big announcement about a sea change in all of the above for the better. Let us compare cinema.. cribbs gives literally thousands of car parking places whereas the city centre provides loads of multi storey car parks and much more frequent or closer public transport; Ashton Gate surely is the worst, by a country mile, when it comes to arriving or leaving the area. Ashton Vale, probably, would have been infinitely better but that opportunity has gone due to soon to be repealed ancient village green laws. This, however, does not stop the Council pulling their finger out and getting a train station sorted right outside the ground that offers a train every 10 minutes post match for an hour; they would fill it to the rafters. I am trying to understand how this cannot possibly have been done before other than an inept council or archaic laws preventing it happening.

You cannot blame anyone for leaving early. They have trains or buses to catch that are simply an age to reach or have pathetic timings compared to City matches, they have children responsibilities or their car is parked a good mile away.. if you are elderly, particularly, its a pain in the backside and the club car park is simply not big enough or too expensive for some. The club should do a correlation between reducing the price, expanding capacity on site or off site with free shuttle and the attendance figures. You would also reduce the moaning, reduce the congestion outside the ground and generally please society, those that go to the match or leave the city centre at the wrong time and get snarled up. And pleasing society, making more people happy is surely part of the equation for everyone who holds public office or is in a position of power and has a business that needs to be successful.

I went in the Dolman a couple of times only because the Williams was full and I get what people are saying about loiterers at the end.. it really does spoil the enjoyment from that stand particularly.

And finally, the stewards and the club need to insist people leave the ground if they get up and, in any way, obscure a view.

But, but, but that would mean someone in First group actually having to think, look at the fixture list and make a decision to lay on more buses when there are home games and hundreds of potential customers!

Easier surely to sit on their arses and collect the fat subsidy handed to them for being a monopoly local supplier!

Archived