IGNORED

Cotterill Says "stay Until The End"

myol'man

On Saturday some fans came down from the back of the dolman and sat a few seats from me. When they couldn't see they got against the railings to see. Pissing some fans off telling them to move their argument was "we can't see with fans getting in front of them"

Well here's an idea stay in your original seats and you won't have to miss the game!!

As soon as the dopey stewards opened the exit (still no idea why they close them) they proceeded to the bottom to possibly block more people's view.

I think it's a case of mentality. People are not prepared to sit in a grid lock around BS3 for 20 minutes for the sake of 5 minutes of football. Due to the number of stressors in modern Britain, namely those of time and money, we have created an impatient society.

Leaving early is essentially beating the queue, which let's face it, is an understandable desire. People don't tend to leave the cinema early but you don't have 5-figured numbers all trying to leave that area at the same time.

I know what you're saying but I just can't get my head around the mentality. 20 minutes in a bit of traffic for 5 minutes more of the very thing I've come to see, when you don't know what might happen, is a trade off I'm willing to make. It seems obvious to me.

But, but, but that would mean someone in First group actually having to think, look at the fixture list and make a decision to lay on more buses when there are home games and hundreds of potential customers!

Easier surely to sit on their arses and collect the fat subsidy handed to them for being a monopoly local supplier!

That is a shameful state of affairs; the sooner we bring back an all green bus livery with at least 3 companies the better. How did we get to a monopoly situation? That is truly pathetic. 

That is a shameful state of affairs; the sooner we bring back an all green bus livery with at least 3 companies the better. How did we get to a monopoly situation? That is truly pathetic. 

We do have at least three companies. First, ABus and Wessex.

I still want to know what it is that those who leave early to "beat the traffic" do with the extra 15-20 minutes they supposedly gain, that makes it so worthwhile (excluding work)?

Holly Willoughby waiting at home on a promise that expires at 5pm is about the only valid reason I can think of.

Gave my reasons already. Let me know if they are good enough for you.

Is it really that bad? 

No. 4 hours on the M25 for 2 miles is bad, 30 minutes to get right across Bristol is a minor irritation , if only in the fact that it would take you 15 mins at 3am.

We live 20 odd miles away and always home by 6 or 1030 depending on kick off.  (and we always stay to the end)

No. 4 hours on the M25 for 2 miles is bad, 30 minutes to get right across Bristol is a minor irritation , if only in the fact that it would take you 15 mins at 3am.

We live 20 odd miles away and always home by 6 or 1030 depending on kick off. (and we always stay to the end)

Couldn't agree more. I park a 15 minute walk from the ground and I'm always back in Chippenham by 6:15 or 10:45. There is a moderate amount of traffic but nothing in the "nightmare" category and certainly nothing worthy of missing part of the game for.

Anyway I've always considered talking about the game in the car and listening to post-match reaction on the radio to be part of the experience.

Where exactly is this traffic "nightmare" that people speak of? Could it be that parking closer to the ground is counterproductive in this respect?

If people have a valid reason for leaving early then I couldn't care less. I personally wouldn't ever leave early but I sit in dolman block B so can get out quickly (not that I need to as I rarely have anything to rush away for as I don't use public transport). What does annoy me is all the idiots that block everyone's view. If you need to leave early then piss off and don't obstruct anyone's view on the way out.

What I don't agree with though is those that barely see any of the game. There are 4 or 5 people a few rows down from me that turn up 10mins late, leaving 10mins before HT then leave 10mins before FT. Seriously what is the point in even coming? If a pie or a drink is more important at HT then the game itself then why do people bother?

Couldn't agree more. I park a 15 minute walk from the ground and I'm always back in Chippenham by 6:15 or 10:45. There is a moderate amount of traffic but nothing in the "nightmare" category and certainly nothing worthy of missing part of the game for.

Anyway I've always considered talking about the game in the car and listening to post-match reaction on the radio to be part of the experience.

Where exactly is this traffic "nightmare" that people speak of? Could it be that parking closer to the ground is counterproductive in this respect?

This.

I always stand to the end and never encounter these problems.

We live 20 odd miles away and always home by 6 or 1030 depending on kick off.  (and we always stay to the end)

We live 35 miles away and ditto. (I do drive fast!)

Who's leaving early? I'm in Row H in the Dolman.

If you don't get up during injury time and make your way to the bottom you can be stuck in the Dolman for 15/20 minutes.

Before the Williams has been emptied and I've not even made it to the bottom of the Dolman.

The whole ground is empty in 10 minutes.

I understand that for some people there are specific circumstances thay dictate they need to leave early.

But for the rest, where exactly do these nightmarish traffic jams occur that leave people so anxious to leave their seats and give up early on the very thing they came to see?

I park around Cumberland Basin and head back past the Hippodrome to the M32. There is traffic, but generally it keeps moving and it's not something that really bothers me at all.

It's a genuine question because it's just not my experience (and it would be useful to know where to avoid!).

Archived