IGNORED

Cotterill Says "stay Until The End"

myol'man

I know this topic has been covered many times before, especially when GJ highlighted it, but why, why, why do fans leave before the end of football matches?

If you went to the cinema you wouldn't get up and leave before the final scene, if you bought a ticket to a West End show you wouldn't walk out 5 minutes before the curtain comes down would you?

So City scored the winner in the 93rd minute v Telford last Sunday and in the 87th minute yesterday and my guess would be that hundreds, if not thousands, missed the goals. What is the matter with these people?

A few might have a valid reason, got to get to work, got to catch a bus or train but I think most just do it out of habit.

FFS..........Cotterill says "stay until the end"  :grr:

This topic is an old chestnut as you say.

The 'reason" many fans leave before the final whistle is to avoid the traffic leaving the Bs3 area. It's likely to happen more with the re-developments going on.

Others have a bus to catch.

But it's also a human trait. Just the same as looking for the shortest queue in the shops. We are basically an impatient bunch.

I understand why people leave early, I always sit in the dolman and while I was at uni in Wales I had to catch a train or face at least an extra hour sat on the platform waiting, so leave 5 mins early vs at least an hour waiting, I don't really like leaving early but it was far more convenient.

This is good though. We have the latest song.

"Johnson says... Bounce around the ground, bounce around the ground"

"Millen says...Get behind the team, get behind the team"

And now finally

"Cotterill says! stay until the end, stay until the end woah ohhhhhh ohhhhh!!!"

I don't really understand people leaving early as a routine but I find it boring how this thread keeps coming up.

Each to their own. Just leave it, It's tedious.

"But your all blocking my view. Especially when everyone stops to watch the game because we're attacking. "

"Excuse me mate, can I get past. I'm up and down like a yo yo towards the end."

"If you want to leave early to beat the traffic, leave when your not obstructing my view like half time."

Not my opinions because generally near me people stay but I know many in the Dolman who suffer with the above

I was thinking about this the other day. 

I wonder if after the re-development. When we have nice shiny new bars and areas you would happily spend time in, if , many will hang around for scores or to meet up with mates etc.

If the bars were good enough, this could ease the exodus and so help with the traffic flow.

This and better use of park and ride and the traffic could be own graded form 'Nightmare' to 'horrendous' .

and get in the way of other fans watching the game. :grr:  :grr:

We never leave early and wait until the players and manager walk off.

Yep me too. I was just making an observation, not sticking up for them. I also get irritated with how long it takes some of them to walk in front of me. Two steps shouldn't be taking that long. Sometimes I want to kick their walking stick away. (This is a joke, my probation officer says I shouldn't do this any more).

I was thinking about this the other day.

I wonder if after the re-development. When we have nice shiny new bars and areas you would happily spend time in, if , many will hang around for scores or to meet up with mates etc.

If the bars were good enough, this could ease the exodus and so help with the traffic flow.

This and better use of park and ride and the traffic could be own graded form 'Nightmare' to 'horrendous' .

Brighton was good for this, we went in to the brighton end for a beer after the game, let the crowds die down and then got the train

I sit in the Dolman B block row f luckily I'm far enough back not to be affected by the early leavers, however every home game I feel sorry for any poor sod sat in the front two or three rows in front of me.

This situation is made worse by stewards not letting people down to the lower section because the yellow slide gates are closed, by keeping them closed we get people from other sections walking along the landing and backing up in front of B section.

I realise people below would be affected if the gates were open but surely it would help disperse people a bit.

Brighton was good for this, we went in to the brighton end for a beer after the game, let the crowds die down and then got the train

After THAT game, if Godzilla had got in the way of my rush to the station, I'd have nutted him in the knackers and carried on.

I know this topic has been covered many times before, especially when GJ highlighted it, but why, why, why do fans leave before the end of football matches?

If you went to the cinema you wouldn't get up and leave before the final scene, if you bought a ticket to a West End show you wouldn't walk out 5 minutes before the curtain comes down would you?

So City scored the winner in the 93rd minute v Telford last Sunday and in the 87th minute yesterday and my guess would be that hundreds, if not thousands, missed the goals. What is the matter with these people?

A few might have a valid reason, got to get to work, got to catch a bus or train but I think most just do it out of habit.

FFS..........Cotterill says "stay until the end"  :grr:

Cotterill says stay until the end

Stay until the end

Stay until the end

Cotterill says get behind the team

Get behind the team

Get behind the team

I understand why people leave early, I always sit in the dolman and while I was at uni in Wales I had to catch a train or face at least an extra hour sat on the platform waiting, so leave 5 mins early vs at least an hour waiting, I don't really like leaving early but it was far more convenient.

I can understand driving but if you're on the train surely you've got a chance for a pint or two at the Templar before you catch the train??!

I know this topic has been covered many times before, especially when GJ highlighted it, but why, why, why do fans leave before the end of football

FFS..........Cotterill says "stay until the end" :grr:

Me and my son left with 10 to go, his lips were blue he was so cold.... Hope you don't mind? :s

FFS..........Cotterill says "stay until the end" :grr:

Because it's a free country and not against the law to leave a football match when an adult chooses to do so

Archived