IGNORED

Winning The Jpt Would Make Us The Most Successful Club In Its Current History

TheCulturalBomb

I think read that we will have been in the most finals if we get there too, but never checked that.

For those who keep commenting about it being tinpot, im sure every fan would prefer us to be good enough to not have to enter it. Ie premiership or championship. But as a club with little to no success i would rather we actually got our name on a professional trophy no matter how big or small the competition is. I want city to be as successful as possible, if that means winning the jpt while we are having to enter it then so be it.

But as a club with little to no success i would rather we actually got our name on a professional trophy no matter how big or small the competition is.

The Reserves used to play in The Football Combination. At one stage it had two divisions and in 1965 City Reserves won Combination Div 2 and were presented the trophy. The following season the Combination only had one division, but no one ever asked for the trophy back. The club announced some years back that they still have it. All these years later is it still gathering dust in the board room?

Being extremely presumptive, think of next season's team photo with the League 1 trophy, the JPT, the Glos Cup and that Combination Div 2 trophy all positioned in front of the players.

The Reserves used to play in The Football Combination. At one stage it had two divisions and in 1965 City Reserves won Combination Div 2 and were presented the trophy. The following season the Combination only had one division, but no one ever asked for the trophy back. The club announced some years back that they still have it. All these years later is it still gathering dust in the board room?

Being extremely presumptive, think of next season's team photo with the League 1 trophy, the JPT, the Glos Cup and that Combination Div 2 trophy all positioned in front of the players.

A mouthwatering prospect, 22A.

A lot of people call this the tinpot trophy. There are plenty of worse cups than the JPT. For example, can anyone remember the Watney Cup? I much rather drink a pint of Johnstone's paint than a pint of Watney's Red Barrel.

A lot of people call this the tinpot trophy. There are plenty of worse cups than the JPT. For example, can anyone remember the Watney Cup? I much rather drink a pint of Johnstone's paint than a pint of Watney's Red Barrel.

H'mm. Difficult call, that :noexp:

Being extremely presumptive, think of next season's team photo with the League 1 trophy, the JPT, the Glos Cup and that Combination Div 2 trophy all positioned in front of the players.

Being that it's a trophy for reserve teams i wouldnt put it in the same bracket. While I see the point you are making i perhaps should have stated cups won by the first team.

I seem to remember the Gas winning the Watney cup, which is probably why they scrapped it the year after.

Being extremely presumptive, think of next season's team photo with the League 1 trophy, the JPT, the Glos Cup and that Combination Div 2 trophy all positioned in front of the players.

You appear to have missed out the FA Cup from that line up.....

Archived