IGNORED

For Tonight At Least, Good Luck Gary And Then Again Against Man U

Lord Northski

SL backed 

GJ was given too much money and had no idea how to use it. For me the failed GJ era lies mostly at the feet of SL. He signed the players ultimately. He set their wages. I love GJ and wish him all the best in everything he does as long as it doesn't badly affect city. 

First sentence was enough.

Rest is Sh1te. ( except perhaps your love for GJ)

GJ was given too much money and had no idea how to use it. For me the failed GJ era lies mostly at the feet of SL. He signed the players ultimately. He set their wages. I love GJ and wish him all the best in everything he does as long as it doesn't badly affect city. 

He generates mixed feelings for me, what he did in his first few seasons with a rag tag and bobtail squad was nothing short of incredible and the level of believe around the club was stratospheric. The disappointment for me was that I thought he was brought here to build something for the long term, but when he left we still had a rag tag and bobtail squad, just one that had been more expensive to assemble.

Couldn't give a hoot about Yeovil or any other side playing tonight.

Don't see City's score anywhere to worry about

So you have no interest in any football match if City aren't playing in it?

A City fan with no interest in football I find hard to understand.........a gashead though, the two go hand in hand!

I'm not calling you gas btw, just expressing surprise that you have no interest in football outside City.

I think this result is good for us Boxing Day. Let's face it, if you're playing for Yeovil, the last thing you will want is to get injured or suspended with the Man Utd game a week or so away. This will inevitably lead to a degree of lack of commitment.

Or perhaps playing out of their skins wanting to be picked for the ManU game!

• Admin

So you have no interest in any football match if City aren't playing in it?

A City fan with no interest in football I find hard to understand.........a gashead though, the two go hand in hand!

I'm not calling you gas btw, just expressing surprise that you have no interest in football outside City.

I support Bristol City and England, thats the beginning and end for me.

May watch a show piece game like the cup final etc, certainly not interested in one of our league rivals and who they may or may not be playing

May watch a show piece game like the cup final etc, certainly not interested in one of our league rivals and who they may or may not be playing

Would that mean you don't actually enjoy watching football then?

It makes supporting City even more of a chore when you have no interest otherwise!

Do you look at the league table? Because the teams around us and their results certainly have a bearing on that which would make it at least of some interest wouldn't it?

Like you I support Bristol City and by "support" I mean that buy a ST every season and buy the occaisional item from the shop.

That said I follow England because I'm an Englishman but I don't support them because I haven't seem them play live for 3 decades. The last time I saw England was in the Euros when they played Italy at the old Wembley. Keegan was up against that dirty bastard Gentile who blatantly elbowed KK and got away with it. it wasn't such a big deal back then.

I also like watching the PL on Sky and have favourite teams, Arsenal for one and Southampton another but I don't support either. There other teams I hope lose like Villa and Palace.

Basically I'm a huge football fan.

Like you I support Bristol City and by "support" I mean that buy a ST every season and buy the occaisional item from the shop.

That said I follow England because I'm an Englishman but I don't support them because I haven't seem them play live for 3 decades. The last time I saw England was in the Euros when they played Italy at the old Wembley. Keegan was up against that dirty bastard Gentile who blatantly elbowed KK and got away with it. it wasn't such a big deal back then.

I also like watching the PL on Sky and have favourite teams, Arsenal for one and Southampton another but I don't support either. There other teams I hope lose like Villa and Palace.

"Huge football fan" ! Are you bigger than Matt Smith ?

• Admin

Would that mean you don't actually enjoy watching football then?

It makes supporting City even more of a chore when you have no interest otherwise!

Do you look at the league table? Because the teams around us and their results certainly have a bearing on that which would make it at least of some interest wouldn't it?

I do indeed watch football, but there are many other things to do in life, Supporting City is almost a full time roll with everything that goes with it. For me City is 24/7 which is why I say I have no interest in anyone else.

If I can't make a City away game I'd go and watch WSM (as I live there and have connections with the club) in the Conference South (if they are at home), just purely to get a live game in, rather than sit infront of a TV and watch a random game.

I genuinely detest watching football on TV, I couldn't get to Peterboro recently, it drove me mad trying to watch a game on the box, I've no idea how some people can do that week in week out.

I look at the results that affect us, but have no interest past that in anyone else.

Just like Sheff Utd last night, I had no interest in whether they won or not, and go back to my original point about not caring about Yeovil

:thumbsup:

Don't forget mini coach driving.

Archived