IGNORED

Pitch Starting To Wear

B-Rizzle

I looked at the webcam for the first time in a while today and I noticed that the pitch is beginning to wear on the sides of the pitch where players warm-up.

I've been very impressed that the pitch has been pristine for so long. Are we likely to see the pitch starting to break up a bit now we're well and truly in winter with lots of rugby and football fixtures coming up over the next few months? What do people think? It still seems like the playing surface itself remains very good.

No doubt the grounds staff will have seen the wear and tear and tell the coaches/managers to warm up in a different part of the pitch.

Don't worry about it.

It's the areas on the touch line, where substitutes warm-up. Not really any other option than warming up there.

Not particularly worried. Just thought it was interesting that our pitch has been better than it's ever been this season with both rugby and football played on it and that it's the middle of December that we've first seen any signs of wear. Very impressed and the new lighting rigs I'm sure have made a big difference.

Archived