IGNORED

Luke Freeman

Stubbsy1993

Another fantastic game for this man today, fast becoming our most important player. So confident on the ball, can spot a pass and can take on a man with real ease. Great that City are able to attract this calibur of player despite League One status, definitely a player for the league above. 

Very true. 

Only just behind Kane in the MOTM shout. Flinty (apart from one missed clearance) and Cunningham had good games today. Luke A made a few clangers but was not bad overall and again offered an attacking threat. Bryan and Little had their moments. Corey was pretty good. Really, you can only fault the forwards today.

What I like about Freeman is his vision. He's thinking ahead, like a good chess player. Sometimes though the rest of the team need to keep up with his thought process! If we had more like him, promotion would be nailed on.

Definintely a key guy for us, as others have highlighted his work rate and energy off and on the ball are brilliant. Think he keeps us ticking over really well so something is always happening, the fact we are playing him out of position makes it all the more impressive how quickly he has adapted to the central role. Hopefully we can get promoted this season or I fear a lot of interest in the summer for him.

Feels like we have got him at a snip of the price that he could be worth come May. In a way its a positive that he doesn't contribute more goals than he does, because if he was he would have the vultures surrounding in January that's for sure based on performances in recent months. 

Very true. 

Only just behind Kane in the MOTM shout. Flinty (apart from one missed clearance) and Cunningham had good games today. Luke A made a few clangers but was not bad overall and again offered an attacking threat. Bryan and Little had their moments. Corey was pretty good. Really, you can only fault the forwards today.

What I like about Freeman is his vision. He's thinking ahead, like a good chess player. Sometimes though the rest of the team need to keep up with his thought process! If we had more like him, promotion would be nailed on.

Very similar to Gerry Gow many years ago.

Each of the new players signed at the start of the season have improved us, hence where we are in the table. Ayling and Smith have been great but I agree that Freeman seems to be having the biggest impact. And totally agree that Flint is like a new player compared to last season.

I think we need automatic promotion to keep hold of him, maybe winning the play offs judging on how fast he is developing. As many as you have said his current form is Championship level which means we need to match that if he has drive which it would seem be does.

An absolute diamond. Would be gutted if he were to leave.

After years of being 'spineless' we are now developing a real core of quality players. Not only that, but having seen droves of players come in and, at best, stagnate most of the current squad are 'continuously improving'. Bravo.

Well done SL/JL, Cotts and the back room staff, plus the players.

So exciting when he get,s the ball just love are football when we hit teams on the brake we are really good have so many players now that can set up attacks freeman , Luke Ayling , Corey smith , little, Bryant ,and one cane as well . Just loving the football this season yes we will loose the odd game but not many and many teams will fear us

Once scored from 30 yards out at the Atyeo end if my memory doesn't deceive me. Shot himself in the foot though in the end.

Against Stoke either on Boxing Day or New Years Day '95, if I remember rightly. 'Twas a screamer.

Don't remember the shooting incident later on in the game though...

Luke Freeman has to be one of the best midfielders I've seen in nigh on 30 years watching City. Incredibly talented with great movement, feet, can spot a pass and he can put a tackle in as well.

He does remind me a bit of Nick Carle though.

The Nick Carle that done lots of step overs, played with his hair then gave the ball away. He was shite.

Archived