IGNORED

January Window

kachina

If you could take over Bristol City in January and were employed to handle outgoings and incomings in a realistic nature, what would you do given the chance,

Say Lansdown says here's 2-3m to go us over the finishing line, what would you do.

Obviously everyone will be different, here's what I would do.

Outgoings

Adam El Abd - Seems settled at Bury who are playing well, I would either extend his loan or allow him to leave on a free.

Jay Emanuel Thomas - I don't think he will cut it in the Championship and think the money spent on his wages could be better used elsewhere. Out of contract in the summer, I doubt he will sign a new deal and a move either on loan or permanently would suit both sides. Have a sneaky feeling he could end up at Yeovil.

Matt Smith - Terminate his loan when it expires. Can't see him figuring long term and probably on a decent wage.

Dave Richards - If we can bring in another first team keeper, feel he should go on loan to gain match experience.

Scott Wagstaff - I like Scott but he is only a bit player and another who is out of contract in the summer, and we need to bring in another creative midfielder and we should look to move him on.

Incomings

Boaz Myhill - Currently 3rd choice at West Brom and out of contract at the end of the season. Still a quality keeper and possibly sign on loan as cover for Fielding with first option of a contract in the summer, as he would be a very capable 1/2 keeper in the Championship.

Chris Eagles (500k) - Joined Blackpool for 6 months on a low salary . Has been the reason there performances have really improved of late and looks very dangerous all the time for Blackpool. He still has the quality to play in the Championship and with it likely Blackpool will go down, he'll be a free agent in the summer. He has played for Cotts before and has played alongside's Elliot before. Very creative midfielder who can also play on either wing. Would be a very good signing for 18 months, and the move could suit Blackpool who would probably be inclined to cash in, and he would be lethal in this league and good enough for us in the Championship.

Kris Da Graca (Loan) - Arsenal 17yo who is a solid unit, Arsenal reportedly looking to send him out on loan and considered a Swedish star of the future. Would be good cover in defence and can play in the centre and on the left. A loan move would be good for both sides.

Alex Ravell (800K) - Crucial in Rotherham's promotion season last season a very good target man, who can play in the hole and also scores goals. Was brilliant in a partnership with Agard and despite his advancing years has looked good this season for Rotherham. Out of contract at the end of the season Rotherham are in a bit of a relegation battle, and he might fancy the move back to League One and stability if we go up of already proving himself as Championship standard. Yes he is an older player, but he wouldn't be expensive and have high wages, and could act as cover for Freeman or Wilbraham and can play in midfield or up front.

Nicky Maynard (Free or Loan) - Excellent split partnership with Wilbraham or Agard and the Fox In The Box that we are missing. Would also enable us to play a more direct 4-4-2 with Agard and Freeman on the wing and a centre of Korey and Wade. Would team up well playing off the shoulder of Wilbraham.

I know the majority or any of these are likely to happen, but I think if we did conduct business as above we would go up as champions.

If you could take over Bristol City in January and were employed to handle outgoings and incomings in a realistic nature, what would you do given the chance,

Say Lansdown says here's 2-3m to go us over the finishing line, what would you do.

Outgoings

Adam El Abd - Seems settled at Bury who are playing well, I would either extend his loan or allow him to leave on a free.

Jay Emanuel Thomas - I don't think he will cut it in the Championship and think the money spent on his wages could be better used elsewhere. Out of contract in the summer, I doubt he will sign a new deal and a move either on loan or permanently would suit both sides. Have a sneaky feeling he could end up at Yeovil.

Matt Smith - Terminate his loan when it expires. Can't see him figuring long term and probably on a decent wage.

Dave Richards - If we can bring in another first team keeper, feel he should go on loan to gain match experience.

Scott Wagstaff - I like Scott but he is only a bit player and another who is out of contract in the summer, and we need to bring in another creative midfielder and we should look to move him on.

Incomings

Boaz Myhill - Currently 3rd choice at West Brom and out of contract at the end of the season. Still a quality keeper and possibly sign on loan as cover for Fielding with first option of a contract in the summer, as he would be a very capable 1/2 keeper in the Championship.

Chris Eagles (500k) - Joined Blackpool for 6 months on a low salary . Has been the reason there performances have really improved of late and looks very dangerous all the time for Blackpool. He still has the quality to play in the Championship and with it likely Blackpool will go down, he'll be a free agent in the summer. He has played for Cotts before and has played alongside's Elliot before. Very creative midfielder who can also play on either wing. Would be a very good signing for 18 months, and the move could suit Blackpool who would probably be inclined to cash in, and he would be lethal in this league and good enough for us in the Championship.

Kris Da Graca (Loan) - Arsenal 17yo who is a solid unit, Arsenal reportedly looking to send him out on loan and considered a Swedish star of the future. Would be good cover in defence and can play in the centre and on the left. A loan move would be good for both sides.

Alex Ravell (800K) - Crucial in Rotherham's promotion season last season a very good target man, who can play in the hole and also scores goals. Was brilliant in a partnership with Agard and despite his advancing years has looked good this season for Rotherham. Out of contract at the end of the season Rotherham are in a bit of a relegation battle, and he might fancy the move back to League One and stability if we go up of already proving himself as Championship standard. Yes he is an older player, but he wouldn't be expensive and have high wages, and could act as cover for Freeman or Wilbraham and can play in midfield or up front.

Nicky Maynard (Free or Loan) - Excellent split partnership with Wilbraham or Agard and the Fox In The Box that we are missing. Would also enable us to play a more direct 4-4-2 with Agard and Freeman on the wing and a centre of Korey and Wade. Would team up well playing off the shoulder of Wilbraham.

I know the majority or any of these are likely to happen, but I think if we did conduct business as above we would go up as champions.

Your suggestions aren't really in keeping with our new transfer policies, but Chris Eagles would be a great signing.

See I was thinking more along the lines of:

Ins:

Lewis mcgugan - attacking midfielder who showed us what he's all about earlier this season. Out of favour at Watford and on loan to struggling Sheffield wednesday. Worth a shout and a very worthy replacement for elliot. Worth a loan with view to purchase.

Benik afobe - we all know this one. Worth his weight in gold and would be great to steal a March on the franchise by nicking him from under their noses. Would be great up top with agard. A strong, quick powerful forward that gets goals.

Jack grealish - great winger/attacking midfielder who isn't getting regular game time at villa and may love a loan move to aid his development. From my understanding, he likes out club and it would be a good move for both parties.

Moussa Dembele - Young striker from Fulham. Not gettin much game time, highly regarded. Similar mould to afobe. Would be a good acquisition on on loan as a forward option. Swap him with Matt smith.

Harry McGuire - how often does he play for hull? Maybe worth a loan shout with a view to buying in summer as hell be one of best defenders in championship when we get there. This one may be more unrealistic but these are the type of players we should be going for whilst we are in the position we are in.

Outs:

JET - OOC and end of season, may aswell cash in. Too much like hard work just trying to get this man fit. No doubting his ability but he just doesn't fit in with what we do.

El abd - think his time is done so may cash in or just continue to loan him out.

Matt smith - return to parent club

We can't afford to be rid of many unless replacements are brought in but 95% of the squad we would like to keep.

Outgoings

Incomings

Maynard was supposed to arrive in the Summer according to your source, too late to bring him up again now.

Outgoings

Incomings

Oh dear oh dear oh dear!

Well done Kachina, perhaps you possibly meant to say "unlikely to happen" but it's so much funnier saying it how you posted it.

Although Alex Revell isn't a bad player, he definitely isn't worth 800k. Also, where have you go the idea that he could play in Freeman's position? He's an out and out target man. Otherwise some good suggestions

Revell has himself said he is happy playing as an attacking midfielder or playing in behind the strikers, but is happy as part of a front two. One thing he does is link midfield to attack and also happy to track back. He has one hell of a long range strike on him as well.

....some fool buy you a pack of Tarot Cards for Christmas K?

do you think they'll be more accurate than the tealeaves in the bottom of a Starbucks cup? ;)

No.

But watch this space, I assure you when Pardew leaves Newcastle (could be sooner than people think and not by being sacked) he will be replaced by Pulis.

See I was thinking more along the lines of:

Ins:

Lewis mcgugan - attacking midfielder who showed us what he's all about earlier this season. Out of favour at Watford and on loan to struggling Sheffield wednesday. Worth a shout and a very worthy replacement for elliot. Worth a loan with view to purchase.

Benik afobe - we all know this one. Worth his weight in gold and would be great to steal a March on the franchise by nicking him from under their noses. Would be great up top with agard. A strong, quick powerful forward that gets goals.

Jack grealish - great winger/attacking midfielder who isn't getting regular game time at villa and may love a loan move to aid his development. From my understanding, he likes out club and it would be a good move for both parties.

Moussa Dembele - Young striker from Fulham. Not gettin much game time, highly regarded. Similar mould to afobe. Would be a good acquisition on on loan as a forward option. Swap him with Matt smith.

Harry McGuire - how often does he play for hull? Maybe worth a loan shout with a view to buying in summer as hell be one of best defenders in championship when we get there. This one may be more unrealistic but these are the type of players we should be going for whilst we are in the position we are in.

Outs:

JET - OOC and end of season, may aswell cash in. Too much like hard work just trying to get this man fit. No doubting his ability but he just doesn't fit in with what we do.

El abd - think his time is done so may cash in or just continue to loan him out.

Matt smith - return to parent club

We can't afford to be rid of many unless replacements are brought in but 95% of the squad we would like to keep.

The Banik Afobe one is an interesting one, as it's pretty much out of MKs hands. As I understand it, he us on a season long loan to them from Arsenal, unless Arsenal decide to sell him in January.

It is hard to believe he features in Arsenals long term plans, but I suppose you never know. Think if a good Championship side came in, he could well be off. Fingers crossed.

Outgoings

Incomings

First thing i would do is take everything you say with a bucket of salt ;)

The Banik Afobe one is an interesting one, as it's pretty much out of MKs hands. As I understand it, he us on a season long loan to them from Arsenal, unless Arsenal decide to sell him in January.

It is hard to believe he features in Arsenals long term plans, but I suppose you never know. Think if a good Championship side came in, he could well be off. Fingers crossed.

Yes he is a good player, but one would expect that MKD would have first refusal if Arsenal were to sell him. Given Arsenal are one of a very few Premier League clubs who give their youth a chance, I don't think they will be willing to sell him just yet. I could see him going on loan to a Championship side next year. He's contracted until 2018, Arsenal need not sell for some time yet. 

No.

But watch this space, I assure you when Pardew leaves Newcastle (could be sooner than people think and not by being sacked) he will be replaced by Pulis.

And WHY should anyone trust a fool like you?

You have a reputation for chatting sh*t on this forum, anyone who believes a word that comes out of your mouth is a clown.

And WHY should anyone trust a fool like you?

You have a reputation for chatting sh*t on this forum, anyone who believes a word that comes out of your mouth is a clown.

Couldn't give a flying monkeys to be honest.

I post a lot of valid stuff as well as rumours I hear and for your info, I knew Warnock was going to be Palace manager way in advance of him being their boss. Don't really care who believes what I have written or not, but I know I am happy with 10/1 about Pulis next Newcastle manager when I am reliably informed it's a done deal. 

Anyway keep on being a warrior behind that keyboard of yours, there's a good chap.

i believe he signed a new contract just before the loan started

Couldn't give a flying monkeys to be honest.

I post a lot of valid stuff as well as rumours I hear and for your info, I knew Warnock was going to be Palace manager way in advance of him being their boss. Don't really care who believes what I have written or not, but I know I am happy with 10/1 about Pulis next Newcastle manager when I am reliably informed it's a done deal. 

Anyway keep on being a warrior behind that keyboard of yours, there's a good chap.

Were you informed by the same bloke that told you Maynard was coming back? Or any of the other bullsh*t stories you've came out with?

Archived