IGNORED

January Window

kachina

Just because we are strong in that area doesn't mean we can't improve on what we have. Signing this guy would be an improvement.

Just because SC says that doesn't make it gospel - smoke and mirrors.

I'm not in the business of "source" comments on this forum. From what I know, we are interested, may not happen and could even be this summer. If you don't want to believe it then ok!

Fair enough. Agree with what you say about smoke and mirrors and always being able to improve in every position. Personally still don't believe it is true though unless we're anticipating a bid for one of our left sided players. Having said that, would always welcome imporoving our squad if the player is right.

Also think the Joe Bryan to Everton rumours are BS.

Hands up who's worried about someone putting in a decent bid for Freeman? His form at the moment is superb, as it has been for pretty much the whole season. 

His current form is superb and he looks like the player we all hoped for. The 1st few games of the season he looked a little lightweight, then he had a few games where he looked good but produced little in the way of end product. I would say he has been superb for the last 10 games, whether that coupled with his Stevenage games is enough for a bigger club to take a chance on him, who knows.

I was only giving you a solution so you could read the topic! Shouldn't have bothered [emoji23]

I thank you for your help, it was very kind. But I wish you handy bothered too. The last thing I need is further things to make me unnecessarily angry, like motorway traffic jams with no cause and tapatalk.

He certainly has been talked about on here a fair bit, but can totally understand why we'd not have been in for him at that sort of price. Good work (again) by Exeter in getting themselves top price for a young player they've developed.

On a side note (and a lot of 'IFs' coming up...); IF we get up this year, and IF Grimes doesn't/isn't ready to break through into the Swansea first 11 next summer, then I'd say we could do A LOT worse than seeing if he might be able to come here on loan for development purposes. But, like I say; a LOT of 'IFs' there, I realise.

We would not have had to have paid this a season or 2 ago - we missed the boat on this one

We would not have had to have paid this a season or 2 ago - we missed the boat on this one

I fear you are right.

It's why I'm keener to see us looking at the likes of Tom Nichols down there now, rather than wait and let others jump in when he's worth the sort of money Grimes is going for.

Did well primarily playing as a sub last season (saw him play off the bench at York; was impressed), and is starting to show a very decent bit of form after starting the campaign in the first 11, slipping out of it, then scoring his way back in.

For me; this is he sort of young, relatively local talent we should be taking risks on. 

I fear you are right.

It's why I'm keener to see us looking at the likes of Tom Nichols down there now, rather than wait and let others jump in when he's worth the sort of money Grimes is going for.

Did well primarily playing as a sub last season (saw him play off the bench at York; was impressed), and is starting to show a very decent bit of form after starting the campaign in the first 11, slipping out of it, then scoring his way back in.

For me; this is he sort of young, relatively local talent we should be taking risks on. 

Was it Ashley Barnes who played for Paulton Rovers and was from Bath? Jack Butland to name another local lad. The players are around we just need to do better at finding them.

Was it Ashley Barnes who played for Paulton Rovers and was from Bath? Jack Butland to name another local lad. The players are around we just need to do better at finding them.

Yep; Paulton, then Plymouth.

Granted, it took him a few years to come good, but when he signed for League One Brighton permanently he was only 21 year old, and ended up improving there into the player Burnley splashed out on this time last year, and who has a decent return from his showings in the Premier League so far.

Not saying Nichols will end up anything like that, but when I hear all this talk of dropping money on folks like Doyle to try and take us over the line, I'm always wondering if we'd not be better chancing out arm on someone younger, likely cheaper, but who'd perhaps turn into a good long term investment. 

I thank you for your help, it was very kind. But I wish you handy bothered too. The last thing I need is further things to make me unnecessarily angry, like motorway traffic jams with no cause and tapatalk.

New version of forum software is fairly close - it'll fix that problem along with much improved mobile version and other bells and whistles

Archived