IGNORED

Sylvan Ebanks-Blake

westonred

Even if you are correct, which you are not, you have 11 more squad players than we do, that are significantly older to boot.

I'm correct, as usual. And those 11 extra players are largely made up of young lads, and players plucked from lower league clubs.

They'll be earning buttons compared to JET, Freeman, Agard, Elliot etc.

Bottom line is, Bristol Citys wage bill is far greater than ours. So stop sulking.

I'm correct, as usual. And those 11 extra players are largely made up of young lads, and players plucked from lower league clubs.

Bottom line is, Bristol Citys wage bill is far greater than ours. So stop sulking.

Now don't cry but Santa isn't real whatever your social worker told you.

It's more about squad size than pointless debates about what each player is earning as you and I both don't know!

The fact is, you have a squad of about 30 and we have about 20. Your wage bill will be higher.

Great logic.

Port Vale have a squad far larger than both of ours. I presume you think their wage bill is higher too, right?

PNE has some serious striking options with Beckford, SEB, Gallagher & Davies and they were unlucky to lose Garner.

Some considerable firepower there. I always thought it would be us and PNE for the top two places.

Just hope we can continue the momentum and see off MK.

Some of us seem quick to write off 'short term' options - why not get a player like SEB in just for a few months to get us over the line?

There does seem to be a dislike for players who have perhaps already peaked but could still do a job for perhaps a year to achieve a specific objective?

We don't always need to sign players with a view to keeping them for ten years.

Elliott and Wilbs attracted a bit of criticism on here when they signed but how valuable are they now?!

It's a fact.

Again, stop crying.

It's not a fact because you're just a football fan, the same as us. If you really believe you know the ins and outs of what players at PNE are being paid then you are deluded.

It's all speculation and it happens every year at every club. So and so says one player earns this much, someone else says they earn less. Boring!

The only fact is that your squad is much bigger than ours. Fair point about youth players being on less, but nonsense about lower league players. Your squad of 30 May included some youngsters but they are still counted as part of your first team squad. We have 20. Therefore logic tells you that your wage bill will be larger than ours. Especially as we are not paying the silly wages to old timers that we have done in previous years.

I love how nobody is going to be able to prove this either way.

Sulking? Please!

Almost certainly unfit and well overpaid, he's gone to the right place though, where he can join a lot of other ageing overpaid journeymen, their wage bill must incredibly high.

Doesn't appear to have scored for nigh on 2 years, IMO they are welcome to him.

Ageing? He's 28 not 38.

And Wilbraham scored 3 in 54 games before joining us.

It's a good signing for this level if he's match fit or shortly will be. A very good finisher who will score regularly if given service. Preston's strikeforce is a handful at this level.

Ageing? He's 28 not 38.

It's a good signing for this level if he's match fit or shortly will be. A very good finisher who will score regularly if given service. Preston's strikeforce is a handful at this level.

They have a very impressive forward line for this level that's for sure. Even before SEB joining them I thought they were our biggest threat.

No, Port Vales squad is not larger than yours. A club like PV aren't going to have more than 30 players on their books.

At the point of Graham Westley being sacked, we had over 40 players on our books, yet, our wage bill today is much higher, with a smaller squad.

Your logic is absolutely mental.

The highest earner at PNE is Garner, on a whopping 4k per week.

What's Agard on again? Can't be peanuts, considering he left Championship club Rotherham to join you lot.

If you think Beckford is on less than 4k a week you are brain dead.

At the point of Graham Westley being sacked, we had over 40 players on our books, yet, our wage bill today is much higher, with a smaller squad.

Your logic is mental if you think players like Davies, Ebanks-Blake and Beckford are not on a big wedge in League One. Given your larger squad and bigger name players than us it's a perfectly astute assumption to think your wage bill is higher than ours. Beckford was on 30k a year or so ago. Of course he won't be on that now but he ain't earning peanuts no matter what you think!

Even if our wage bill was higher than yours (it's not likely to be) then it wouldn't be by much. Not sure what you are trying to prove? Your squad is hardly built on a shoe string budget is it?

The highest earner at PNE is Garner, on a whopping 4k per week.

What's Agard on again? Can't be peanuts, considering he left Championship club Rotherham to join you lot.

Haha! Well said PNE - everyone knows that  Championship giant Rotherham were paying massive wages and the only reason that Agard came to a smaller club like us was because of the cash whilst Leeds also just couldn't compete with our wage structure where even our tea lady gets a full final salary pension, share options , company car and BUPA.

Whereas everyone at Preston is on Voluntary Service. 

Almost certainly unfit and well overpaid, he's gone to the right place though, where he can join a lot of other ageing overpaid journeymen, their wage bill must incredibly high.

Doesn't appear to have scored for nigh on 2 years, IMO they are welcome to him.

Es- tut tut - fancy you writing off a player before he's even played a single game for his new club   ;)

Out of interest, when do the clubs release their financial year totals?

If we really wanna be picky, then we can compare the player costs/wages when they are published. We must also bear in mind the turnover in playing staff this year, losing many high earners from the championship relegation season.

Ageing? He's 28 not 38.

2 if's in there, the biggest if being the first if.

Es- tut tut - fancy you writing off a player before he's even played a single game for his new club   ;)

Now Now, don't lump me in with your faux pas, my point is i'm glad we haven't signed him, he is the sort of signing as I have already said has hopefully been consigned to history for our club, FFS some are claiming that Mrs Doyle might to old at 27.

Let me put it in another way as well, firstly if the Preston fan really believes that Garner is their top earner at 4k he needs help, Kilkenny joined us from a huge championship team as we know to our cost for purely monetary terms absolutely nothing to do with football whatsoever and reported to be on 12k per week, do you think he would join a club for less than half of that wedge? and more importantly between us and PNE who do you believe would be hurt most financially by failure to be promoted?.

Archived