IGNORED

Sylvan Ebanks-Blake

westonred

Out of interest, when do the clubs release their financial year totals?

If we really wanna be picky, then we can compare the player costs/wages when they are published. We must also bear in mind the turnover in playing staff this year, losing many high earners from the championship relegation season.

For this financial year, 1 July 2014 - 30 June 2015, our figures will not be released until November 2015.

2 if's in there, the biggest if being the first if.

1) Now Now, don't lump me in with your faux pas, my point is i'm glad we haven't signed him, he is the sort of signing as I have already said has hopefully been consigned to history for our club, FFS some are claiming that Mrs Doyle might to old at 27.

Let me put it in another way as well, firstly if the Preston fan really believes that Garner is their top earner at 4k he needs help, Kilkenny joined us from a huge championship team as we know to our cost for purely monetary terms absolutely nothing to do with football whatsoever and reported to be on 12k per week, do you think he would join a club for less than half of that wedge? and more importantly between us and PNE      2) who do you believe would be hurt most financially by failure to be promoted?.

1) Now, I think you'll find it is still only a potential 'faux-pas' as even you must admit that the proof of the pudding is not yet in the hamper . And no more Spanish chit chat please.

Meanwhile S E-B may or may not make a difference to PNE's promotion credentials- it's difficult to say when he hasn't even kicked a ball for them but I do agree with you that this sort of signing is not for us although he's 28 not 35 and has a very good record compared to Wilbs. Preston are taking the same sort of limited and calculated gamble as we have done with MS and I really hope it doesn't work out for them whilst I really hope it works for us. If it does then brilliant because we've landed a guy who can help get us over the line which is all I want and if it doesn't then he goes back in 4 matches and I can say 'I told you so'. Win Win scenario.

2) The fans who follow home and away in expectation of promotion.

Why is it so important to worry about who else is signing who? Let's not forget the city are top of the table on merit, the reason all the others are signing the so called high earners is to try and catch the city! A little tweak here and there and I can't see any real reason to worry! But hey ho that's my opinion what do I know

I'm correct, as usual. And those 11 extra players are largely made up of young lads, and players plucked from lower league clubs.

They'll be earning buttons compared to JET, Freeman, Agard, Elliot etc.

Bottom line is, Bristol Citys wage bill is far greater than ours. So stop sulking.

Northern idiot

Why is it so important to worry about who else is signing who? Let's not forget the city are top of the table on merit, the reason all the others are signing the so called high earners is to try and catch the city! A little tweak here and there and I can't see any real reason to worry! But hey ho that's my opinion what do I know

I do believe it's a discussion rather than an anxiety therapy thread.

We are 1 point in the lead with half a season to go and being football fans we are genuinely interested in what our closest rivals are doing.

Hope this helps.

I do believe it's a discussion rather than an anxiety therapy thread.

We are 1 point in the lead with half a season to go and being football fans we are genuinely interested in what our closest rivals are doing.

Hope this helps.

I like the sarcasm .... I understand it's a discussion but I just don't see the fascination in what other clubs are doing!

The highest earner at PNE is Garner, on a whopping 4k per week.

What's Agard on again? Can't be peanuts, considering he left Championship club Rotherham to join you lot.

Scott laird is on 6k a week or so he said last time I saw him about a year ago

The highest earner at PNE is Garner, on a whopping 4k per week.

What's Agard on again? Can't be peanuts, considering he left Championship club Rotherham to join you lot.

I am reliably informed that Agard is not even partial to peanuts and while its likely Rotherham were not paying cashew nut prices in the first place i doubt he has gone far beyond almonds with us. 

Like Cynic, however, I regard Preston as probably our main rival come May; I have read somewhere they are likely to have one of the highest budgets in the league, not that this will bring success, and Grayman seems to have a knack of getting teams promoted. I think them and MK will take one of the auto spots with Swindle imploding like the Gas did light years ago.

1) Now, I think you'll find it is still only a potential 'faux-pas' as even you must admit that the proof of the pudding is not yet in the hamper . And no more Spanish chit chat please.

Meanwhile S E-B may or may not make a difference to PNE's promotion credentials- it's difficult to say when he hasn't even kicked a ball for them but I do agree with you that this sort of signing is not for us although he's 28 not 35 and has a very good record compared to Wilbs. Preston are taking the same sort of limited and calculated gamble as we have done with MS and I really hope it doesn't work out for them whilst I really hope it works for us. If it does then brilliant because we've landed a guy who can help get us over the line which is all I want and if it doesn't then he goes back in 4 matches and I can say 'I told you so'. Win Win scenario.

2) The fans who follow home and away in expectation of promotion.

'Faux Pas' is French for 'false step'....just saying....

Any signing is a risk ,SEB could score a shedload and get PNE promoted or be a passenger who upsets the balance of the squad .

Hopefully the latter for us !

I prefer to take a chance on a younger player who could improve with coaching but would bring energy to the team that can be difficult for the opposition to contain and lifts the performance levels of those around him .

Sorry BS4 -  but my Spanish reference was an elephant trap ( which EMB studiously avoided) set to enable a , here goes:

Whooooooosh!

Fair enough, not realising you were setting a trap was obviously my 'faux pas' - or was your explanation an attempt to cover up your clear error by pretending you made a deliberate mistake to ensure you could type 'whooooosh!' if someone noticed it??!!

Apologies for that PNE, but that is a condition to being a poster on this forum.

So you think my logic was mental as well? Should I try again?

Obviously, if one team has a squad of 30 Youth team players and another team has a squad of 15 senior players. The wage bill of the team with the senior players is going to be greater as each individual would demand a higher salary. Agreed?

However, my point is that Preston's squad of 30 players isn't made up of lots of youth team players and they have their share of big earners/ senior players too. Furthermore, considering the average age to our squad is quite low and we're not paying silly wages to players like David James, Kilkenny, Stewart, Davies etc anymore then our wage bill is almost certainly lower (albeit probably quite close) than Preston's. Why? Because they have an extra 10 players on their books than us.

So you think my logic was mental as well? Should I try again?

Obviously, if one team has a squad of 30 Youth team players and another team has a squad of 15 senior players. The wage bill of the team with the senior players is going to be greater as each individual would demand a higher salary. Agreed?

However, my point is that Preston's squad of 30 players isn't made up of lots of youth team players and they have their share of big earners/ senior players too. Furthermore, considering the average age to our squad is quite low and we're not paying silly wages to players like David James, Kilkenny, Stewart, Davies etc anymore then our wage bill is almost certainly lower (albeit probably quite close) than Preston's. Why? Because they have an extra 10 players on their books than us.

Sorry about that Robbo. I was jesting with the outsider and didn't mean to imply that the logic of your post was mental.

I think fans of many other clubs have us earmarked as a money bags team only because of SL's billions, allied to the fact that we have paid over the top wages previously. We all know that the reality is that due to football's financial rules we have had to reign in the wage bill hugely over recent seasons and that we are now pretty well within our means.

The fact that we are still one of the better off teams in this divisions means that we can still afford to bring in the quality of player we have  - Freeman, Agard and the like didn't come her to be paid peanuts. Of course, if we gain promotion then we become one of the poor relations in the championship, with parachute payments swilling around and so many other much bigger clubs than us to compete with. I suppose we will just have to accept fans of our rivals seeing that any success we have is solely down to money and bite the bullet accordingly.

Fair enough, not realising you were setting a trap was obviously my 'faux pas' - or was your explanation an attempt to cover up your clear error by pretending you made a deliberate mistake to ensure you could type 'whooooosh!' if someone noticed it??!!

Interesting thought BS4 but as I speak a bit of Italian I was quite clear on which language was being used.

Archived