IGNORED

Sylvan Ebanks-Blake

westonred

S E-B Just signed for Preston until the end of the season.  I wouldn't have minded him here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30650031

Almost certainly unfit and well overpaid, he's gone to the right place though, where he can join a lot of other ageing overpaid journeymen, their wage bill must incredibly high.

Clearly knows nothing about PNE.

Our wage bill won't be as high as yours, for a start.

You think?, with ex prem has beens, Kilkenny and a host of ex championship players?, I think you are well wide of the mark, our wage bill has been kept low by signing younger players and a small squad, how big is your squad?. Which is why we still have money to spend.

Investing in proven scorers - no doubt learnt from our failure to do likewise when we were in a strong position in the Championship.

Ewe-Blake, Beckford, Davies and (albeit injured) Garner. That's impressive.

If we can match that sort of attacking line up in a week or so, we'll be in line to be crowned champions.

Beckford and SEB as a striking pair would have been a dangerous combination when they were both at their prime. Fortunately neither of them are as useful as they once were and that's why they're both playing in League 1.

Could say the same about Wilbs.

Investing in proven scorers - no doubt learnt from our failure to do likewise when we were in a strong position in the Championship.

Ewe-Blake, Beckford, Davies and (albeit injured) Garner. That's impressive.

If we can match that sort of attacking line up in a week or so, we'll be in line to be crowned champions.

Blakey hasn't scored for ages, Beckford 2 from 8 and Davies 0 from 21, proven but hardly on fire.

He's not played this season.

If they can get him match fit (I think they can) then he's more than capable of getting a few goals for them at this lowly level.

They have a good team with great experience, not impressed with them at AG even though they somehow won, but I still maintain they will finish in the top two with or without SEB.

Hasn't played much in 12 months, his debut for Ipswich only lasted 29 minutes, hopefully the sort of signing that we have consigned to history, we've been there and done that far too many times, that is my opinion, but hey ho.

Blakey hasn't scored for ages, Beckford 2 from 8 and Davies 0 from 21, proven but hardly on fire.

Hasn't played much in 12 months, his debut for Ipswich only lasted 29 minutes, hopefully the sort of signing that we have consigned to history, we've been there and done that far too many times, that is my opinion, but hey ho.

Agree 100% with this, hope those days are behind us!!

Asked myself would I be pleased if we signed him instead and honestly I wouldn't be any more than indifferent.

He's off fire, unfit, ageing and who knows how he would apply himself. Sounds like the sort of disappointing waste of money risk area of signings.

I am surprised this has happened so quickly. The transfer window isn't even open yet. Clearly PNE don't think they can do better and have acted quickly. Perhaps he came across well in discussions.

With the likes of Gallagher, Beckford, Davies, Garner, SEB, Kilkenny i am certain that your wage bill will be significantly higher than ours.

Indeed it undoubtedly will be. The posters protestations of ignorance towards PNE highlight how ignorant he is of us as a club and how we are cutting our cloth.

Can't argue with that, but as a short term signing its a gamble worth taking, bit like us with 35 year old Wibraham perhaps....

Except it was more of a calculated risk, Wilbraham to my knowledge has not been injury prone, PNE have at least 4 players who are 27+ that came from a higher standard and a host of 28 year olds up to and including a 33 year old who are probably entering their final hurrah and probably not coming cheaply, he sort of fits the bill for them but not for us IMO.

They now have a 28 man squad, with 3 out on loan.

Indeed it undoubtedly will be. The posters protestations of ignorance towards PNE highlight how ignorant he is of us as a club and how we are cutting our cloth.

Agard and Wade Elliot will be on more than Kilkenny, Davies and Garner combined. Davies is reportedly on only 2k per week, for example.

Beckford & Gallagher aren't our players. And Ebanks-Blake will be on next to nothing.

Ridiculous decision not to offer him a contract. With previous successes such as David James, Marcus Stewart, Michael Bridges, Nicky Hunt, Nicky Shorey etc etc I don't know why we haven't got our cheque book out for this marquee signing.

Our current recruitment policy of signing lower league talent is failing miserably. Sack the board.

Agard and Wade Elliot will be on more than Kilkenny, Davies and Garner combined. Davies is reportedly on only 2k per week, for example.

Beckford & Gallagher aren't our players. And Ebanks-Blake will be on next to nothing.

Even if you are correct, which you are not, you have 11 more squad players than we do, that are significantly older to boot.

It's more about squad size than pointless debates about what each player is earning as you and I both don't know!

The fact is, you have a squad of about 30 and we have about 20. Your wage bill will be higher.

Not concerned we've not signed him, but if he gets fit and the bit between his teeth they'll have someone who'll score at this level.

It is undoubtably a gamble, but even punts on long odd pay off.

Although he's not the type of player I want to see us signing, I do think we need another option.

Has been mentioned by others as well as myself, but wouldn't mind us taking a risk ourselves on the likes of Tom Nichols down at Exeter. Just in a nice bit of form and both young enough to be a long term investment, whole having played enough games for a man his age to show can handle first team football.

If nothing else it might put the wind up Agard and encourage him to start putting away more of the chances he's presented with.

Archived