IGNORED

Meeting At Ashton Gate With Dave Lloyd

Marina's Rolls Royce

Won't be allowed to play because of being contracted to a semi professional football club (Chepstow town)

However I can help out in the build up if you'd like ?

So is another person that may or may not be involved.....

I'd just not say anything - as MRR said the rule is probably to stop professional clubs sending teams.

Great work MRR btw, really looking forward to this, especially if our season ends the way we hope!

Thanks everyone and particularly JackofromRugby with his offer.

There is lots going on in the background which I think you guys will be pretty happy about.

I am waiting for the date from Dave Lloyd and should post asap tomorrow with both the date and some more reasons to get involved. Keep watching.

Old forum team members, we were discussing this on our Facebook group. Let's attend the meeting and make sure this happens regardless who's running it. I'll be attending :-)

Blimey, the dreaded Chairman's vote of confidence before a team has even been assembled!

Danny- if there's someone you know of that can put a team together  manage it  and get them to Lviv in June then please says so asap. So far only one individual who already runs a club and manages sides has very kindly put his name in the hat and seems well committed and capable . 

I have consistently stated that I can make the trip happen but only on the logistics front ( and I have made this clear to DL) particularly because I have the time to spare , I know Lviv and my partner is well connected there including her cousin being the Mayor . However, I cannot assemble, coach or manage a football team- that's going to be the job for others. 

If you've got someone/something already in place - surely the best place to post it/discuss it is here following Dave Lloyds original request on OTIB? I'm genuinely not having a pop but there's no point in duplicating our efforts- It's going to be like herding squirrels anyway- it's not arranging a pub team to play away at Peasdown St John.

Blimey, the dreaded Chairman's vote of confidence before a team has even been assembled!

Danny- if there's someone you know of that can put a team together  manage it  and get them to Lviv in June then please says so asap. So far only one individual who already runs a club and manages sides has very kindly put his name in the hat and seems well committed and capable . 

I have consistently stated that I can make the trip happen but only on the logistics front ( and I have made this clear to DL) particularly because I have the time to spare , I know Lviv and my partner is well connected there including her cousin being the Mayor . However, I cannot assemble, coach or manage a football team- that's going to be the job for others. 

If you've got someone/something already in place - surely the best place to post it/discuss it is here following Dave Lloyds original request on OTIB? I'm genuinely not having a pop but there's no point in duplicating our efforts- It's going to be like herding squirrels anyway- it's not arranging a pub team to play away at Peasdown St John.

I think realistically MRR it should be persons that got involved with the original thread and this one that make this trip happen - be a bit shit for everyone who's come forward in a playing or coaching capacity to get their hopes up and then be usurped by another group of fans who've been organising the trip seperately, especially for you becuase of all the organising you've done.

Thanks Jim

I think if anyone else wants to put the trip together that's fine as well- I'm going as a supporter irrespective as it means I can get my football fix this summer! This is a BCFC backed trip but organised and funded by the fans. I think if there's any conflicting proposals then I'm sure  DL will recommend what's in everyone's best interests if required.

There's already a core of a team verbally committed but the more the merrier. We need 15 players as minimum just in case of injury, illness, alcohol poisoning or our striker disappearing with a Ukranian beauty of which there are plenty!

MONDAY 19 TH JAN AT 6:45 PM. ASHTON GATE

Dave L will provide a meeting room and will also be at there. We need to clear out by 8:15 pm at the latest due to closing the building at 8:30pm.

I'll let you all have a rough agenda shortly but I think the most important thing will be to gain fixed commitment from those who want to go and hopefully they'll be enough info at the meeting to achieve this and for you to make your decision.

If you can't get there- I'll let you have an overview of what happened and what was said.

I know someone mentioned about trials but so far we don't have enough players to make this worthwhile and could probably have run out of time if we did. The longer we take to book- the more expensive it becomes. The only initial cost for you will be booking flights and your time - the rest you'll have 5 months to save up for.

In the happy and hopeful event that we have more players coming forward then I don't see this as a problem as we can field unlimited subs but the football part is down to whoever takes this role- i.e. player coach and Manager which again can hopefully be agreed by those who turn up but even then it doesn't have to be cast in stone as you lot can appoint a Caretaker Manager and then see how it goes. There will be lots of assistance given in the coaching dept by people who who can help here but can't make the trip- there have already been offers on this.

Any questions- use this thread, start a new one or PM me.

Thanks City 169  so just to recap about Mondays meeting .....

Posted 09 January 2015 - 02:04 AM

Sounds good, will be able to make that on any days except tuesdays as I have lectures until 8pm

then ....

Won't be able to make it as I have a lecture from 4-7 next Monday

The life of a student is so darn unpredictable!

MONDAY 19 TH JAN AT 6:45 PM. ASHTON GATE

Dave L will provide a meeting room and will also be at there. We need to clear out by 8:15 pm at the latest due to closing the building at 8:30pm.

I'll let you all have a rough agenda shortly but I think the most important thing will be to gain fixed commitment from those who want to go and hopefully they'll be enough info at the meeting to achieve this and for you to make your decision.

If you can't get there- I'll let you have an overview of what happened and what was said.

I know someone mentioned about trials but so far we don't have enough players to make this worthwhile and could probably have run out of time if we did. The longer we take to book- the more expensive it becomes. The only initial cost for you will be booking flights and your time - the rest you'll have 5 months to save up for.

In the happy and hopeful event that we have more players coming forward then I don't see this as a problem as we can field unlimited subs but the football part is down to whoever takes this role- i.e. player coach and Manager which again can hopefully be agreed by those who turn up but even then it doesn't have to be cast in stone as you lot can appoint a Caretaker Manager and then see how it goes. There will be lots of assistance given in the coaching dept by people who who can help here but can't make the trip- there have already been offers on this.

Any questions- use this thread, start a new one or PM me.

Cant make the 19th but hope all works out for the trip  Please let me know how it went as I am still up for playing in the tournament (used to play at a good level and still playing regular Sunday morning game in Worcestershire)

Thanks City 169 so just to recap about Mondays meeting .....

Posted 09 January 2015 - 02:04 AM

Sounds good, will be able to make that on any days except tuesdays as I have lectures until 8pm

then ....

The life of a student is so darn unpredictable!

Bloody timetable changed after the christmas break, next week is the first time I will have been timetabled to be in after 2pm on a Monday!

I will hopefully be able to attend, negotiating with work if i can travel back to bristol and then back to swansea in the morning, If anyone else is coming forward to help with the football side of things can you let me or Mundz18 know ASAP as im happy to share duties but seem to be the only one up for organising the team so far. I think its time we cut out the constant posts and actually knuckled down to getting a definative list of who wants to be part of the side ( serious people only who are going to stump up the cash and time to make this a reality) Can i suggest we all send the following template to an email address I have set up specifically for the trip : bcfcukraine1415@outlook.com

First Name/ Last Name:

Position:

Contact number:

Any medical issues we need to be aware of:

We also need to put a respectable enough deadline on it to get people to make their minds up by. Priority  to those who got involved first of all? What do you guys think, open to suggestions if anyone has a better idea for me/someone else to organise it.

Max

I will hopefully be able to attend, negotiating with work if i can travel back to bristol and then back to swansea in the morning, If anyone else is coming forward to help with the football side of things can you let me or Mundz18 know ASAP as im happy to share duties but seem to be the only one up for organising the team so far. I think its time we cut out the constant posts and actually knuckled down to getting a definative list of who wants to be part of the side ( serious people only who are going to stump up the cash and time to make this a reality) Can i suggest we all send the following template to an email address I have set up specifically for the trip : bcfcukraine1415@outlook.com

First Name/ Last Name:

Position:

Contact number:

Any medical issues we need to be aware of:

We also need to put a respectable enough deadline on it to get people to make their minds up by. Priority  to those who got involved first of all? What do you guys think, open to suggestions if anyone has a better idea for me/someone else to organise it.

Max

Perfect.Thanks Max.

I think potential players may have some relevant questions/assurances/more info  which is what the meeting is about.

Max can discuss the football side of things

Some interested attendees have  been concerned about going to a war zone which Lviv could not be further away from geographically- is pro western and pro UK. 

Once we have all met up ( and I post the details for those who can't be there) - it's decision time so I would be looking to book flights by the end of next week to ensure best prices and also allow plenty of time for the guys organising the football side to start doing their thing.

Max has identified somewhere to train - I've also got somewhere in mind also but some of it depends where the majority of players are based.

Once we have a definite team and are booked to travel then I believe further assistance will be available from within BCFC but obviously whilst it's still in the planning stages there's not a lot more that can be done by DL or anyone else. 

Archived