IGNORED

Bcfc Ashton Gate - Fls?!

MarcusX

Just watched the football league show, any reason why on the screen that flashes up before the highlights that shows the team badges, names and venue ours is "BCFC Ashton Gate"?

Sheffield United v Preston came up next and it just said "Bramall Lane"

Wondered why we have BCFC before Ashton Gate

Confused as to where Iv had a dig? Just wondered why, is our stadium officially named BCFC Ashton Gate?

Ha yea Crawleys stadium, assume that's their sponsor

Apologies, there just seems to be a thread every week with someone having a go at the FLS. And no it's not BCFC Ashton Gate I assume that's just an error on there part

Maybe it's because the rugby also play there. So on Rugby days it become 'BRFC Ashton Gate' and on football days it becomes 'BCFC Ashton Gate'.

Concerns me though that Bristol Rugby Football Club when abbreviated to letter form sounds awfully similar to another 'football' club we have come to hear of from time to time...

The Football league show is poor we all know, but will channel 5 be any better?

The thing I do like about it being on the BBC is that I can watch it later at my leisure whilst skipping through all the inane waffle on BBC Iplayer, will I be able to do the same with Demand5 I doubt it as every time in try to use it on any if my smart TVs it just stutters badly or freezes and more often than not refuses to play full stop, and when it does decide to start I have to watch countless adverts only for it to stop shortly after leaving me to go through the adverts all over again.

I noticed that 'BCFC' tag as well. Odd.

One of a very small minority but I thought Claridge (and Townsend for that matter) weren't that bad as analyists. However, to say Matty Smith is one of the main reasons for us being where we is way off the mark. Yes a great couple of weeks but we are where we are because of superb management and an excellent squad of committed, united, well-drilled and very skillful players.

I noticed that 'BCFC' tag as well. Odd.

One of a very small minority but I thought Claridge (and Townsend for that matter) weren't that bad as analyists. However, to say Matty Smith is one of the main reasons for us being where we is way off the mark. Yes a great couple of weeks but we are where we are because of superb management and an excellent squad of committed, united, well-drilled and very skillful players.

I noticed that too! Bit rich, babbers - where have you been the rest of the season?!

Maybe it's because the rugby also play there. So on Rugby days it become 'BRFC Ashton Gate' and on football days it becomes 'BCFC Ashton Gate'.

Concerns me though that Bristol Rugby Football Club when abbreviated to letter form sounds awfully similar to another 'football' club we have come to hear of from time to time...

It's really funny you should say that and a little bit worrying.

They have two flag stands outside  the front door of the Megastore. As I was walking past the flag on the left was blowing over to obscure to letters above the door so it was

"Gastore"

its nothing like them as they are NLBR

its nothing like them as they are NLBR

The show is an affront to lower league football.

From **** Claridge, the defender was expecting the ball to hold up in the wind, but it didn't and when it didn't hold up as much as he expected he was caught out.

The coverage of BCFC this season is pathetic.

One thing I did notice was how many playing surfaces looked like playing surfaces harping back to the 60's and 70's, Blackpools in particular was appalling.

The show is an affront to lower league football.

From **** Claridge, the defender was expecting the ball to hold up in the wind, but it didn't and when it didn't hold up as much as he expected he was caught out.

The coverage of BCFC this season is pathetic.

One thing I did notice was how many playing surfaces looked like playing surfaces harping back to the 60's and 70's, Blackpools in particular was appalling.

Which just goes to show how the club is progressing . Rugby is played, Football is played and the surface is immaculate.

When the new Buster Footman stand opens- I suspect the fashionable London/Prem biased media may actually start taking notice.

Which just goes to show how the club is progressing . Rugby is played, Football is played and the surface is immaculate.

When the new Buster Footman stand opens- I suspect the fashionable London/Prem biased media may actually start taking notice.

Be fair. The New York based media are already taking notice :)

Who might that be? The only one of the 92 that I could find was Blackburn Rovers, and we don't have a problem with them, surely?

Archived