IGNORED

Coventry V Swindon [Merged]

Coombsy

Is that where the saying 'come what May' derived from?

Longer term though, should we both go up, how the Donald duck are Swindon going to maintain Championship status? They've got where they are through a very shrewd manager (who will inevitably be poached and not adequately replaced), exploiting the loan market (not sustainable long term) and cheating (for which they will be found out for at some point). In sum, they have got where they are by hook or by crook. All this on attendances of 6,000ish.

I don't know the ins and outs of Brentford or Rotherham but whatever is happening at those two appears to be entirely more wholesome than at Swindon.

They can not defy the odds indefinitely, I wouldn't have thought. Can they?

Great post.

In answer to your question, yes they may be able to.

As a single town club they have a decent catchment area and are close enough to London to attract potential loanees from the capital, they aren't in great financial shape so would be easy pickings for a Foreign Finacial Benefactor?

They could be looked at as a club with a lot of potential, should they go up, never rule out the impossible, look at Bournemouth & Brentford as you mentioned, stranger things have happened!

Is that where the saying 'come what May' derived from?

Longer term though, should we both go up, how the Donald duck are Swindon going to maintain Championship status? They've got where they are through a very shrewd manager (who will inevitably be poached and not adequately replaced), exploiting the loan market (not sustainable long term) and cheating (for which they will be found out for at some point). In sum, they have got where they are by hook or by crook. All this on attendances of 6,000ish.

I don't know the ins and outs of Brentford or Rotherham but whatever is happening at those two appears to be entirely more wholesome than at Swindon.

They can not defy the odds indefinitely, I wouldn't have thought. Can they?

It's funny; a lot of chat takes place over their perceived frailty due to using loans, but exactly what you highlight is where I'd be most concerned if I was a Swindon fan.

I don't see him jumping this season when there is a realistic chance of promotion, but all the sound and fury that Power makes about money issues means I could see Cooper's record, and Swindon's financial situation combining to make him a realistic and attractive target for other clubs at Championship level.

Archived