IGNORED

Finances (Merged)

Spike

Already been discussed as linked above. Either a ploy to stop fans getting ahead of themselves or just trying to provide some reality in that we are currently under certain rules on a certain budget and should we go up, we won't have as big a budget as others to compete. However, we will have much lower spend on budget and with the increased capacity, it may allow us to bring in a couple of quality player on loan or on a free. We shall see

What makes you think attendances will double if we are successful in the Championship?

They didn't when we were top of the Championship under GJ.

I should imagine there will be a certain influx of interest when we have newer facilities...but double what we are getting now?

If the football is entertaining and we aren't struggling, and ticket pricing isn't too expensive then I can see a slight increase in attendance.

Unfortunately because of our poor history, many football fans around Bristol have nailed their support to the masts of Prem teams and watch via Sky.

I can see them coming out for the big games...but on a week in week out basis... I can't see it myself.

To be fair we sold out on a fair few occasions under Gj, if the facilities were there im sure we would have got well over 20k on a fair few occasions that season..

Personally i think if/when we go up i dont think it will be ludicrous to aim for 20 k plus attendances if tickets prices are correct and the team is doing well.. You have to look no further than Brighton for a club who have had a massive increase in attendences with a new ground

Telling supporters to be realistic about new recruits.

Talking down our financial status, so that if we try to sign players, their clubs do not automatically inflate the transfer fee.

A subtle message to players, present and future, that the hen that lays golden eggs at BCFC is dead.

Pick any or all of these, add others in the same ilk and just realise that it is coded speak to keep expectations at a sensible level.

This is the message that the club has been wanting to put out there since the days of the heavy losses sustained during the Johnson/Coppell era pushing too hard for the prem.

Its not biggie really, every manager since has had a reduced budget to work with. 

Also as other posters have pointed out, its also a clever way of Lansdown and Cotterill to manage fan expectation.

I am detecting a hint of the Arsenal way, significantly reduced budget whilst we upgrade the stadium. Sell our 'best' player in the summer. However our player recruitment under Cotterill has been a lot better than Arsenal's for sure!

This is the message that the club has been wanting to put out there since the days of the heavy losses sustained during the Johnson/Coppell era pushing too hard for the prem.

Its not biggie really, every manager since has had a reduced budget to work with.

Also as other posters have pointed out, its also a clever way of Lansdown and Cotterill to manage fan expectation.

I am detecting a hint of the Arsenal way, significantly reduced budget whilst we upgrade the stadium. Sell our 'best' player in the summer. However our player recruitment under Cotterill has been a lot better than Arsenal's for sure!

I'd rather have arsenals squad tho' :)

Archived