IGNORED

Jet Is Back

Marina's Rolls Royce

Back to the player he always should be.

I love this guy.

Scrappy game and Jet was the difference.

I love the bloke. Absolute genius and was by far the best player out there tonight. I love watching us win on any day but when JET is on it I get an extra buzz from watching such talent. Lucky we have had him to step up. I'm sure it still won't be enough for some though.

Same as he was on Saturday..........

You're just so full of bonhomie Robbored. Well done for watching you're second game this season on Saturday.

Some of us have watched a couple more than that and Jet wasn't at the races when he did play- however much I love him.

It's just so ironic that you go Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz to so many comments at when most of your bitter , sardonic sarcastic  comments are well... just ....errrr

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

6 goals and 6 assists in 25 appearances, very few of them complete games until the last few weeks.

And in the last month his contributions have won us points, a game against Premier League opposition, and helped us put one foot in a Wembley final, plus covered us while our top scorers recuperate.

He's back, and long may he stay 

As he was before my time, was the fan base as split in opinion about dzienkanowski?

Jackie was the ultimate showman, and there was no debate over his talent or place in the team.  BUT, somebody once showed me stats concerning games where Jackie played against games where he didn't, and believe me, we won far more without him in the side. That said, he was an absolute genius on the ball, but sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture.

Jackie was the ultimate showman, and there was no debate over his talent or place in the team.  BUT, somebody once showed me stats concerning games where Jackie played against games where he didn't, and believe me, we won far more without him in the side. That said, he was an absolute genius on the ball, but sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture.

Thanks, reason I asked is because I have seen people reference Jackie when talking about Jet before, and from what I can find Jet is much better in terms of the stats available, yet he is always open for slagging off yet Jackie seems universally loved.

I am aware stats don't tell the whole story, but as Jackie left before I was born, let alone watching city they are all I have to go by.

This also isn't intended to slate Jackie at all, just ask the question about what is so different between the two

Thanks, reason I asked is because I have seen people reference Jackie when talking about Jet before, and from what I can find Jet is much better in terms of the stats available, yet he is always open for slagging off yet Jackie seems universally loved.

I am aware stats don't tell the whole story, but as Jackie left before I was born, let alone watching city they are all I have to go by.

This also isn't intended to slate Jackie at all, just ask the question about what is so different between the two

Don't worry 169- when Jet leaves- he'll be the best player to have ever worn the shirt.

Jackie was a genius - just pretty rarely. We remember guys like that for their greatest times but just can't remember the games when they were anonymous after 15-20yrs (??). BCFC fans weren't used to players like that- " We've got a Polish International" resounding around BS3. 

Jet 's record ( when he starts a match) is very impressive and the best at BCFC ( goals and assists + wow factor ) since errr- don't know but maybe when Scott Murray scored 27 in a season- it's never just about the goals- it's about the whole deal. Jet gives us that.

And he covered every blade of grass and looks trim and fit as ****- credit to him , credit to Cotterill.

Don't worry 169- when Jet leaves- he'll be the best player to have ever worn the shirt.

Jackie was a genius - just pretty rarely. We remember guys like that for their greatest times but just can't remember the games when they were anonymous after 15-20yrs (??). BCFC fans weren't used to players like that- " We've got a Polish International" resounding around BS3. 

Jet 's record ( when he starts a match) is very impressive and the best at BCFC ( goals and assists + wow factor ) since errr- don't know but maybe when Scott Murray scored 27 in a season- it's never just about the goals- it's about the whole deal. Jet gives us that.

And he covered every blade of grass and looks trim and fit as ****- credit to him , credit to Cotterill.

cheers MRR, was just interested after remebering a comparison being made before.

The difference is that there were no fora or other social media to slag Jacki off on and moan about how lazy (or hungover) he could be!

Jet has a special talent but he lacks consistency. When he plays like he did on Saturday and tonight, he is a joy to watch.

Those who complain about JET's lack of consistency overlook the fact that until the Gillingham away game he'd not started a league match. HOw can anyone be consistent if they're not playing consistently.  Since then he's played 5 games ,scored 3 goals and assisted 3 or 4.  Not bad for a back up player.

He needs to start consistently now. Has to be first choice forward.

JET didn't start earlier this season as the team were flying and SC RIGHTLY kept faith with the guys that got us to the top! However the same now applies to JET and Matt Smith...Long may it continue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have always loved JET and think he could be the difference. On form, he is Prem quality! When considered along with the other lads (and we have numerous quality players now), the only one who comes close to an on form JET is Freeman. I love that dude too as he is more consistent. JET is a striker though so room for both in my opinion. Nothing wrong in two creative players as we have seen in recent weeks. If JET remains hungry and fully fit, he starts every week.

We were missing chances and people were worried.. Turned out we had the answer all along! This is going to be one epic second half of the season. JET back on his form from the start of last season and if he dries up again theres Wilbrahimovich, Agard, and Matt Smith (if he stays). Not too shabby!

Albert had more universal admiration but his goals/assists record was never a patch on what JET delivers.

To anyone without a season ticket - I would urge you to make every effort to get down the gate this season and see this guy do his stuff. Make the most of it while it lasts...he is gone at the end of the season

You're just so full of bonhomie Robbored. Well done for watching you're second game this season on Saturday.

MRR, there has been a legitimate reason for me not attending any games at AG this season and that has been because of ill health.

Had I'd been fit and well then I'd have been at pretty much at every game just like I have been over the past 40+ years.

It wasn't my choice so if you want to take the piss then feel free to do so but please do it in a more appropriate way.

Jackie scored 7 goals for us in his City career and although he had a trick or two he did even less than JET on a bad day.

I've never understood these 'love ins" regarding Jackie. Russell Osman left him on the bench saying " a few tricks and a 30 yard shot aren't enough" How right he was.

Give me JET every time. He's a far more skilled footballer than Jackie ever was.

Some of us have watched a couple more than that and Jet wasn't at the races when he did play- however much I love him.

I find tactics on forums dull = zzzzzzz, but have been watching all season. Earlier in the season in 3-4-1-2 Jay Emmanuelle Thomas was pushed up, or pinned to a position on the right.

He clearly is now playing neither. He is often taking up positions where he is behind /alongside Freeman etc so its 3-5-1, or 3-4-2-1. The change makes a huge difference as he is now facing up the pitch from space, or cutting in v looking forlorn hoping for a ball into feet that sticks with his back to goal.

Basically he can now play in spaces as he is now allowed to roam around looking for them.

As he was before my time, was the fan base as split in opinion about dzienkanowski?

Oh yes, I loved watching Jacki but he could be so frustrating to watch.  2 games stand out in my mind;

away to Leicester in the FA Cup, on Match of the Day,  Jacki was brilliant.  :clap:

away to Brentford, City were getting battered by 4 or 5 nil, Jacki was stood in the centre circle with his hands in his pockets while our goal was under siege.  :grr:

I think one of the main things his recent form has shown is that JET, and the team as a whole, benefit more when he has a player like Smith next to him. In the past JET has been expected to play the Smith role and that's not his game. With Smith challenging the centre backs and holding the ball up, it means we're more likely to keep possession in the opposition half and it also allows JET to drift around into dangerous areas. 

Jackie scored 7 goals for us in his City career and although he had a trick or two he did even less than JET on a bad day.

I've never understood these 'love ins" regarding Jackie. Russell Osman left him on the bench saying " a few tricks and a 30 yard shot aren't enough" How right he was.

Give me JET every time. He's a far more skilled footballer than Jackie ever was.

Ha! forgot that one. Osman (player manager at the time) dropped Jacki. Next game at Ashton Gate Osman scored and got booed by the crowd

As others have said, JET's return to form is like having a new signing, and couldn't have come at a better time. Worries about whether we have the squad depth up front to see out the season are at least somewhat diminished.

BUT that's not to say we shouldn't be looking to strengthen. There's a potential fixture pileup on the way and it would be foolish to assume that won't have an impact, injury or form-wise.

As others have said, JET's return to form is like having a new signing, and couldn't have come at a better time. Worries about whether we have the squad depth up front to see out the season are at least somewhat diminished.

BUT that's not to say we shouldn't be looking to strengthen. There's a potential fixture pileup on the way and it would be foolish to assume that won't have an impact, injury or form-wise.

Any players coming in have to be better then what we already have and not simply to make up numbers

Otherwise we end up in the situation we were in a few years ago which will be a lot of dead wood and no way to shift them,

We have a very good squad with players that should make the step up,

I agree with cotts we should be looking to bring 1 maybe 2 in now and then loans when needed,

It won't be long before he will need to start casting an eye on next season

Like JET ,he was an international ,(69 caps) quality ball player.

BUT he played when he wanted to, or when he was able (not intoxicated) but not a team player.

JET has pleased me in the last few games because, finally, he is working hard for the team, yet still producing gems of class. Now earning his corn and entertaining us.

Archived