IGNORED

Jet Is Back

Marina's Rolls Royce

I've always been a defender of JET. When he is bad he is REALLY bad. But there are some matches where he can single handedly win the match by himself. And it is the these occasions which make him an important part of our squad. Whether we extend his contract at the end of this season is another matter. Not sure if he would have the same success in the championship.  

MRR, there has been a legitimate reason for me not attending any games at AG this season and that has been because of ill health.

Had I'd been fit and well then I'd have been at pretty much at every game just like I have been over the past 40+ years.

It wasn't my choice so if you want to take the piss then feel free to do so but please do it in a more appropriate way.

Robbo

I'm well aware of your health issues of last year. Whatever the reason an individual does not attend a match is down to their own personal circumstances or in many cases- choice.

I have stated time and time again on OTIB that what you see live at a match, home and away is a much deeper perspective and understanding of individual players or tactics or fans  than what the listener on BBC or following the match thread can possibly gain.

My OP was positive and upbeat because the player who in my opinion is one of the greatest to play for BCFC is back to his best since getting back in the team , looking trimmer, faster, fitter, and more team orientated whilst mesmerising defences. This I said was credit to him and credit to Cotterill as for whatever reason- when Jet did have brief games- for example Oxford- he looked disappointing/frustrating when most of us knew the player he could be and still is.

Your comment that followed my OP was sarcastic/ belittling in your often used style. It was in effect 'yeh- stating the bleeding obvious MRR'.

You greet stuff you don't agree with by" Zzzzzzzz" or humourless sarcasm as opposed to a reasoned or valid argument/differing opinion. You use a strap line of " the forum whipping boy" which tells me you're perfectly aware of what you do- it's not accidental.

I suggest it is you, Robbo, that needs to learn to take the piss in the appropriate way. I have found some of your Zzzzz comments regarding ridiculous song proposals very amusing but if the greater majority of your comments are ridiculing someone then you need to learn that sometimes it's gonna turn round and bite you on the arse. If you want to ridicule or put me in my place with sarcasm then don't be surprised or indignant if I choose to bite back. On a forum everyone has to be prepared to get what they give (sometimes unfairly) and  don't be surprised if there are those that give back what they get.

I'm pleased you are now able to get back to attending matches and genuinely hope that your recovery is consistent as this is a great season to watch live games. There was great support for you on here from all quarters when you had your event last year - from both friend and foe. In a similar fashion to how Executed Wolf was supported when he declared his own issues- I thought it was a great comment on the support and compassion OTIB posters are capable of when someone genuinely needs it.

Back to the player he always should be.

I love this guy.

Scrappy game and Jet was the difference.

Back to the player he always should be.

I love this guy.

Scrappy game and Jet was the difference.

Been fantastic the last few games and has been getting rightful praise for it from the manager.

Been hammered on here by many this season and wrongly.

Barely had a look in early season as the manager preferred Agard and Wilbraham, has finally been given a chance in terms of starts and has impressed, the partnership between him and Smith is fantastic and the other two won't be getting a look in for a while at this rate.

Been fantastic the last few games and has been getting rightful praise for it from the manager.

Been hammered on here by many this season and wrongly.

Barely had a look in early season as the manager preferred Agard and Wilbraham, has finally been given a chance in terms of starts and has impressed, the partnership between him and Smith is fantastic and the other two won't be getting a look in for a while at this rate.

It's interesting for me; JET has come in and delivered the goods, not only in key games, but when we've really, really needed him to, due to Agard and Wilbraham being injured.  And it's probably surprised a fair few of us how improved and consistent he's been, even to those wanting us to use him more.

But with all this, I don't think I've seen many who are in any way unhappy with Agard and Wilbraham either, thanks to them hitting 21 goals between them already this season, and because even with Agard not netting regularly on the run up to his injury, you can't deny the massive contribution he's been making to the team.  

With Wilbraham on 13, Smith on 9, Agard on 8 and JET on 6, it has to be the first time for a good while that we've got a range of forwards who at this stage of the season could realistically all get 10+ goals.  Even in previous promotion seasons, we've lent heavily on goals from around the team, and given jealous glances to those teams with a 20+ scorer. 

It's exciting, and if we to manage to retain Smith, I'd suggest probably the most effective set of forward options we've assembled for a good long time. 

Robbo

I'm well aware of your health issues of last year. Whatever the reason an individual does not attend a match is down to their own personal circumstances or in many cases- choice.

Your comment that followed my OP was sarcastic/ belittling in your often used style. It was in effect 'yeh- stating the bleeding obvious MRR'.

You greet stuff you don't agree with by" Zzzzzzzz" or humourless sarcasm as opposed to a reasoned or valid argument/differing opinion. You use a strap line of " the forum whipping boy" which tells me you're perfectly aware of what you do- it's not accidental.

I'm pleased you are now able to get back to attending matches and genuinely hope that your recovery is consistent as this is a great season to watch live games. There was great support for you on here from all quarters when you had your event last year - from both friend and foe. In a similar fashion to how Executed Wolf was supported when he declared his own issues- I thought it was a great comment on the support and compassion OTIB posters are capable of when someone genuinely needs it.

Regarding JET. He had a terrific game against Notts County, so much so that SC praised his individual performance, something he rarely does. My point was that JET has been playing well before last night.

As for my "condition". Thanks for your comments. You'll be happy to know that my vision has improved sufficiently enough to be able to follow the ball at live matches, something I was unable to do until recently.

Didn't he clear one destined for goal off the line with a header yesterday?

Little 

Could you start one of them really good threads where you say this player is crap (Little perhaps) and they turn into World Beaters.

I understand SC WILL SPONSOR FURTHER INSTALLMENTS!

Apparently, JET has been bitter and forgotten, acc to the Post.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/BRISTOL-CITY-BLOG-New-look-JET-making-headlines/story-25853147-detail/story.html

This bloke (Stockh) is a t*rd.

How is JET a 'forgotten' man? Forgotten by who? What, coming on as sub makes him 'forgotten'? Or because he's on the bench and all football fans are dumb, only recognising the eleven in front of them on the pitch? And in what way has JET had to put 'bitter' frustration behind him? When has he said or hinted at being 'bitter'? Lazy, lazy journalism (I use that term loosely) as usual by Mandy, dear oh dear. I could only read the first few lines, by which point he'd already lapsed into Saint & Greavesie punditry ('it's a funny old game' is it? If football is a 'funny old game' then what in life isn't?) and I started stabbing myself in the eyelids in preference to taking any more of this. Dear oh dear, what utter drivel.

JET was marvellous last night, marvellous. As he has been as sub, too. Crucial involvement in this season's success (= forgotten. Pr***, Stckhsn!)

Archived