IGNORED

The 'new' East End

RedRock

Seeing photos of the new stand, the CEO of Bristol Sport whinging about the atmosphere and issues of mixing the singers with librarians and prawn sandwich eaters got me thinking about the future.

May have been suggested before but why not put the standers/singers (i.e. those who create the atmosphere and enhance the spectating experience for all- including the CEO by the looks of things) in the corner block of the new stand where the original East End was established? Bit of a historical link, won't get in anyone's way and good for the cameras who'll be able to show our passionate supporters. Could work the dedicated singing blocks as unreserved seating except for Cat A games.... where everyone would have to sit in their prescribed season ticket seat or POTD seat. Cat A games could be clearly advertised in advance with a few signs above the turnstiles and facing the crowd on match day.

Simples, happy fans, happy CEO (with the added bonus of the vocal home and away fans having stadium entry points as far away from eachother as poss) and more points in the bag for the team.

The corner towards the dolman will be utilised for the community trust, community projects, schools etc......its a non-starter

I must say that I tend to agree with our Devonian (if I recall correctly) fan Moor2Sea.

It is generally the standing, singing flagwavers who create the atmosphere, so why not grant them a dedicated area in the East End corner of what used to be known as the 'Covered End' (at the time we had the Open End and the Enclosure).

Bit like Palarse have done with their fans... who do a well-decent job in creating a good atmosphere.

I'm sure Bristol Sport's all powerful CEO can trump the Football Club's Community Trust and tell them to go elsewhere. That's what a CEO is about... identify a problem (which he now has), find a solution and implement it. Bravo Bristol Sport.... get it sorted man you'll get loads of brownie points from us footie fans.

Keep the green, black and white flag flying high!

I must say that I tend to agree with our Devonian (if I recall correctly) fan Moor2Sea.

It is generally the standing, singing flagwavers who create the atmosphere, so why not grant them a dedicated area in the East End corner of what used to be known as the 'Covered End' (at the time we had the Open End and the Enclosure).

Then the atmosphere's going to be rubbish. Club's decision.

Exactly - the club have priority with which fan groups they provide for

Hold your horses boys.......that part of the ground will only hold around 800 people and has been purposely dedicated for "community" use due to the internal facilities within that corner

It also states with the planning Documents that......'As a result of the Dolman Stand structure, some of the seating in this area will have restricted visibility, and will therefore be available for free use by students, staff (and parents and carers) of the Bristol City Community Trust/South Bristol Partnership facilities operating from this corner of the stadium.'

If your still keen on kicking out the Community Trust, families and kids so that you can press ahead and claim those 800 restricted view seats for the 'voiceferious' mob then be my guest. I'm sure the club are happy to work with such groups to find a suitable, dedicated and possibly unreserved area for those that wish to 'create an atmosphere'

Seeing photos of the new stand, the CEO of Bristol Sport whinging about the atmosphere and issues of mixing the singers with librarians and prawn sandwich eaters got me thinking about the future.

May have been suggested before but why not put the standers/singers (i.e. those who create the atmosphere and enhance the spectating experience for all- including the CEO by the looks of things) in the corner block of the new stand where the original East End was established? Bit of a historical link, won't get in anyone's way and good for the cameras who'll be able to show our passionate supporters. Could work the dedicated singing blocks as unreserved seating except for Cat A games.... where everyone would have to sit in their prescribed season ticket seat or POTD seat. Cat A games could be clearly advertised in advance with a few signs above the turnstiles and facing the crowd on match day.

Simples, happy fans, happy CEO (with the added bonus of the vocal home and away fans having stadium entry points as far away from each other as poss) and more points in the bag for the team.

At the last consultation pow wow the head of BS was asked ??'s about his ideas from the old and gnarly to those with full heads of hair who were part of the old EE and the newer more colourful hybrid.

Bumbling Billers started taking about his vision? The centre circle!! Chaps squirmed in their seats.

Hold your horses boys.......that part of the ground will only hold around 800 people and has been purposely dedicated for "community" use due to the internal facilities within that corner

It also states with the planning Documents that......'As a result of the Dolman Stand structure, some of the seating in this area will have restricted visibility, and will therefore be available for free use by students, staff (and parents and carers) of the Bristol City Community Trust/South Bristol Partnership facilities operating from this corner of the stadium.'

If your still keen on kicking out the Community Trust, families and kids so that you can press ahead and claim those 800 restricted view seats for the 'voiceferious' mob then be my guest. I'm sure the club are happy to work with such groups to find a suitable, dedicated and possibly unreserved area for those that wish to 'create an atmosphere'

Sorry.

I was not aware of this.

I have just searched on internet and found some very interesting info concerning Community Trust and Ashton Gate.

Once again, my apologies.

Restricted view? Wasn't one the artist's impressions of the stadium from a seat in that corner which showed a wonderful view of the pitch?

No worries, anyhow, everyone will be standing :-)

Ignoring the rugby posts.......the Dolman/south stand corner looks neither big enough or impressive enough to house the home teams noisy support. It looks more like somewhere you might stick a low attending away support.

Whatever your views on consultation, acoustics, stand design etc.......the 5 blocks within the main south stand are the most likely area for the noisy support to go and create an atmosphere. Its clearly the clubs thinking so its now up to the club and representations from such groups to get together when the time is right to disucss options and suggestions akin to what palace did rather than continually bash the club at every opportunity

bcfc_rugby_stills__00000.jpeg?width=880&

Ignoring the rugby posts.......the Dolman/south stand corner looks neither big enough or impressive enough to house the home teams noisy support. It looks more like somewhere you might stick a low attending away support.

Whatever your views on consultation, acoustics, stand design etc.......the 5 blocks within the main south stand are the most likely area for the noisy support to go and create an atmosphere. Its clearly the clubs thinking so its now up to the club and representations from such groups to get together when the time is right to disucss options and suggestions akin to what palace did rather than continually bash the club at every opportunity

The time was right nearly two years ago.

The reason the club gets critisised is because they do not listen. BS - BCFC recently heard representations from the fans you mention. BS - BCFC failed to answer one vey specific question, other queries received negative responses except one which referred to an area away from the South stand.

"Whatever your views on consultation, acoustics, stand design etc.......the 5 blocks within the main south stand are the most likely area for the noisy support to go."

Really?

I expect myself, my friends and our families to be following the usual suspects where they decide. As did hundreds before.

The time was right nearly two years ago.

The reason the club gets critisised is because they do not listen. BS - BCFC recently heard representations from the fans you mention. BS - BCFC failed to answer one vey specific question, other queries received negative responses except one which referred to an area away from the South stand.

"Whatever your views on consultation, acoustics, stand design etc.......the 5 blocks within the main south stand are the most likely area for the noisy support to go."

Really?

I expect myself, my friends and our families to be following the usual suspects where they decide. As did hundreds before.

So you can speak for thousands of other city fans that aren't part of your self-appointed 'group'?

I fully expect there will be thousands of other city fans that dont feel the club owe them something who will frequent the new South Stand

Not sure about the New South Stand,quite a few of us are even considering returning to A/B biock in the dolman.

Shame if so, not any fault of your own, in my opinion vocal support which acts as a catalyst for the rest of the ground should be behind a goal.. Ala the east end, kop, stretford end, blackthorn terrace(!), holte end..

Shame if so, not any fault of your own, in my opinion vocal support which acts as a catalyst for the rest of the ground should be behind a goal.. Ala the east end, kop, stretford end, blackthorn terrace(!), holte end..

You almost convinced me,until you mentioned the end terrace at that s###hole,as I said we're only considering it once it's built we'll get all excited and plump to sit there I expect.

You almost convinced me,until you mentioned the end terrace at that s###hole.

Haha, apologies! I have mooted the idea, a bit pie in the sky; of vocal support going in the Atyeo.

Put away fans in dolman a and b, separate that concourse. Gut the Atyeo, make it totally one tier (like a kop), new imposing roof, Clifton suspension bridge sculpture on the top, massive bar inside housing local ciders, beers etc.. View to safe standing there in the future, totally unreserved.

Wouldn't require *as* much planning permission as it won't necessarily block out anymore light than it already does.

I'm no structural engineer so may well not work for some reason. In my mind that seems to be the best option.

It a simple case of momentum. If groups of fans decide the South stand is not for them others [not all] will follow them as they have previously.

Fans following fans again.

Come May/June of this year, the club will no doubt be releasing details of Season Tickets including the South Stand which will be marketed as the new 'home end'.

All fans who purchase season tickets (around 8000?) will have a decision to make on where they want to sit. Fans will not get the opportunity to 'try before you buy' however, fans who want to sing/create an atmosphere will naturally migrate to that Stand.

That may or may not include your 'group', so having bought a season ticket for the south stand with the intention of being part of creating atmosphere, what makes you think people will follow you or others elsewhere especially of the South Stand proves to be successful?

Gut the Atyeo, make it totally one tier (like a kop), new imposing roof, Clifton suspension bridge sculpture on the top, massive bar inside housing local ciders, beers etc.. View to safe standing there in the future, totally unreserved.

AKA The new South Stand (potentially)

AKA The new South Stand (potentially)

Difference for me is that the Atyeo is separated from the bowl. In my ideal world of this - it would be the focal point with a different look and feel to the rest of the ground. I think the south stand will attract a different demographic to the one the EE did so won't have the same feel

Haha, apologies! I have mooted the idea, a bit pie in the sky; of vocal support going in the Atyeo.

Put away fans in dolman a and b, separate that concourse. Gut the Atyeo, make it totally one tier (like a kop), new imposing roof, Clifton suspension bridge sculpture on the top, massive bar inside housing local ciders, beers etc.. View to safe standing there in the future, totally unreserved.

Wouldn't require *as* much planning permission as it won't necessarily block out anymore light than it already does.

I'm no structural engineer so may well not work for some reason. In my mind that seems to be the best option.

They can't do that, it would obscure the view of the .....er........Clifton Suspension Bridge!

Difference for me is that the Atyeo is separated from the bowl. In my ideal world of this - it would be the focal point with a different look and feel to the rest of the ground. I think the south stand will attract a different demographic to the one the EE did so won't have the same feel

So based on your ideal world, why did the "noisy demographic" not migrate to the Atyeo and create a home end atmosphere when they had the whole stand to themselves from 1994?

Archived