IGNORED

The 'new' East End

RedRock

Fair do's Dave. I assume there's some science and real world evidence to support the 10% deduction theory. If so, perfectly understandable decision for next season.

Obvious way forward for 2015/16 is a designated singing section, where enthusiasts can congregate. As is common with other grounds, 'the singers' can (unofficially) stand and create a party atmosphere That should help in keeping your CEO happy. It should also mean supporter conflicts are kept to the minimum as the librarians won't have the passionate supporters sat (stood) next to them.

Appreciate you can't formally condone standing (but a nods as good as a wink to a blind horse - or some thing like that). Pretty clear the singers will need to be accommodated either at the back or one end of a stand or a combination of both to prevent obstruction of views from seated supporters.

From my experience, best atmosphere is created when in proximity to away fans so my suggestion would be Dolman A&B for the 'traditionalists'. For the 'younger singers', the back of the new South Stand (given the postings above rule out the corner of South Stand/Dolman) would seem the place to be.

The 10% reduction for unreserved areas is common to all grounds, and is imposed by the safety authorities. That's why top clubs who regularly sell out don't have them. Gate receipts are a vital source of revenue in order for us to buy better players and we're not going to turn away potential income in a season when we will hope to be close to a sell out every game. That's not to say that we wouldn't consider it in the future, but there will be no unreserved area next season. That is 100% definite.

Dave I have questioned this before, what about a reserved singing section. Are there any developments with this, I know the supporters trust were dealing with it Las time I asked?

By my rough calculation, there are about 1,800 seats in that area.

Thanks, that seems enough to start with.

Reading Dave Lloyds post above again, singing sections at football clubs are a loss of revenue to football clubs. But surely they help create an atmosphere at the ground which can encourage more people to come.

A lot of talk of no unreserved and it reduces capacity by 10% etc.

It depends on what unreserved concept we are looking at here and not to confuse it too much with standing or pay as you go (due to reduced capacity) or old pay on day terrace cultue where you didn't know how many fans would be turning up..

Like the Eastend 1,500 tickets were sold for 1,500 seats and people found a seat to sit/stand at first come first serve, yes on the ticket was a seat number but you did not stick to it and you just took a place that was free (Enough tickets v enough seats). This concept allows you to get round the stand and talk to people or get away from annoying things like the drum (some did not like it) fans tend to pick their little areas in blocks.

Now in a reduced capacity like next season you can say use a block in any stand, for example the Dolman A block at a guess 800 seats so sell 800 tickets but not have to stick to a designated seat number so you can move around the block if need be, the ticket can be green for that block and you get to a seat first come first serve basis, so if you sell 800 tickets for 800 seats the fans who have those tickets will get a seat somewhere in that block. By a colour code ticket if any other fans are sat in that or any other blocks that do not match unreserved green then they can be asked to move to their designated block and vise versa, ie: green A block sat in Dolman B block...

You pick that block knowing it will be for the more vocal fan..

Once the work is all done and around 27k seating then a more relaxed unreserved concept can be worked out for everyone's needs and maybe a few blocks for flags to put over seats if we don't sell out too often?? who knows some games just don't sell well..

Went round the back of the East end today to have a look at the building work as my 2 year old boy loves diggers/tractors. Clearly all the workmen around us were Welsh, one came over being all nice and said to my boy "you don't support Bristol City do you?" My boy cuddled into his daddies shoulder repelled "Red Army". That was enough for me. Walked off a proud man !!

I was under the impression there would be strictly no standing next season, at all, due to a safety certificate.

This could be really problematic I feel. If the club are going to enforce it, I will expect the same standard to be kept with away support too.

The stewards didn't even attempt to make the Donny supporters sit, how many were there? I can't imagine them contemplating confronting Leeds,Birmingham and Cardiff next season. Its all talk!

The stewards didn't even attempt to make the Donny supporters sit, how many were there? I can't imagine them contemplating confronting Leeds,Birmingham and Cardiff next season. Its all talk!

I think this season they're adopting their current attitude towards it. It's next season they start apparently! I agree, can't see it. If it's imposed on us I fully expect it to be imposed on away supporters and will be watching for inconsistencies.

Archived