IGNORED

Freeman

CITYAREREDANDWHITE

Players spit all the time. Can be construed as doing so at fans at loads of games. Bitterness i reckon as they were screaming and complaining at everything after losing two GK's to freak injuries that as SC said could have no blame attached to any City player, especially as the first one was a collision with their own player!! Unlike getting stitched up with video evidence for Elliott at Swindle i doubt there will be any clear evidence for this to go any further.

Hello guys,

Before I start I'm not bitter about losing. You are clearly a good side/one of the best in the league and I thought we matched you well considering the circumstances. I also work as a journalist in the football industry so i'd like to think you can take my word as found. 

Unfortunately I can confirm this incident did occur near the end of the game. Luke Freeman (no.15) was receiving some abuse from the Iron supporters in the Clugston Stand - opposite side to tunnel and dugouts. Freeman was stood on the sidelines, heard someone shout something, turned around and spat directly at the home fans with the spit travelling over the wall towards the fans. I was told afterwards that it hit a young women in the stand but I can not confirm that is the case. 

I have no reason to lie and many of other supporters in the stand can also confirm this did happen. S****horpe have already said they are investigating the issue. 

You may be right that the footage could be lacking as the game had moved on but stewards in the stand saw the incident have reported it to the club. 

I like Freeman, think he's a good player but what he did was completely out of order in any walk of life. It is in fact a criminal offence (Google El Hadj Diouf spitting at fan) and I hope that the severest punishment necessary is taken by Bristol City and the Football League/FA. I'm sure no one on this forum would condone this disgusting act despite supporting the team he plays for. 

Aside from that good luck for rest of the season. 

Certainly not acceptable if true, but if it is, surely it wouldn't have been unprovoked

Wouldn't matter if it was - if he's proved to have spat at someone then I hope he gets a 10 game ban. And to clarify I mean actually spit on someone and it hits them, not just in their direction.

Would rather be punched than that.

Hello guys,

Before I start I'm not bitter about losing. You are clearly a good side/one of the best in the league and I thought we matched you well considering the circumstances. I also work as a journalist in the football industry so i'd like to think you can take my word as found.

Unfortunately I can confirm this incident did occur near the end of the game. Luke Freeman (no.15) was receiving some abuse from the Iron supporters in the Clugston Stand - opposite side to tunnel and dugouts. Freeman was stood on the sidelines, heard someone shout something, turned around and spat directly at the home fans with the spit travelling over the wall towards the fans. I was told afterwards that it hit a young women in the stand but I can not confirm that is the case.

I have no reason to lie and many of other supporters in the stand can also confirm this did happen. S****horpe have already said they are investigating the issue.

You may be right that the footage could be lacking as the game had moved on but stewards in the stand saw the incident have reported it to the club.

I like Freeman, think he's a good player but what he did was completely out of order in any walk of life. It is in fact a criminal offence (Google El Hadj Diouf spitting at fan) and I hope that the severest punishment necessary is taken by Bristol City and the Football League/FA. I'm sure no one on this forum would condone this disgusting act despite supporting the team he plays for.

Aside from that good luck for rest of the season.

A sports journo... Damn you must be trustworthy. Everything I read in the paper I believe. I mean, News of the world were damn credible.

Facetious I know but your job lends no added credibility so it's pointless referring to it.

Not party to the incident; if proven disgusting and like you I would back a severe punishment for him - not the club. But that's if proven and until then, I and everyone else should and must presume innocence.

A sports journo... Damn you must be trustworthy. Everything I read in the paper I believe. I mean, News of the world were damn credible.

Facetious I know but your job lends no added credibility so it's pointless referring to it.

Not party to the incident; if proven disgusting and like you I would back a severe punishment for him - not the club. But that's if proven and until then, I and everyone else should and must presume innocence.

What he said.

Diouf got a fine for spitting at a fan didn't he, not a ban? He then went on to do it 3 or 4 times to opposition players.

As said, shame if true, seems a really down to earth kid who just wants to play football. Innocent until proven guilty as far as I'm concerned and you can bet that whatever happened is likely to have been blown well out of proportion.

Thanks to our journalist friend above its already gone from "I saw him spit in the direction of fans" (Twitter) to "I've been told it hit a woman".

Wouldn't matter if it was - if he's proved to have spat at someone then I hope he gets a 10 game ban. And to clarify I mean actually spit on someone and it hits them, not just in their direction.

Would rather be punched than that.

You HOPE he gets a 10 game ban?? Really?

Archived