IGNORED

W Ham Tickets For Rugby -

westonred

The other side of this is of course that if the WHU fan starts getting all BBB and gets himself removed, the guy that supplied the Season ticket info is likely to get his season ticket for the rugby revoked.

I think he's taking a bit of a chance letting the guy have the tickets..... :yes:

For many years BCFC had a perfectly good membership scheme. You paid to be a member of the club annually and you got second tier position for cup ties and big games from the ticket office!

Bristol City supporters who were not members decided this was not fair as some attended games and felt those (particularly exiles) gained an unfair advantage (for not attending as many home games), for tickets although those exiles would often go to games at home and PARTICULARLY away as they joined the scheme while the complainers had not.

The Gould kiddie was employed and he threw the membership scheme away and started a kind of scheme where you saved your tickets, thus depriving the club of membership dues and depriving many the ability to be a member of their club.

The club now has a membership scheme albeit through Bristol Sport, thus now allowing Bristol Sport members to buy tickets and as some of those are Rugby/basketball fans its a racing certainty A FEW of those tickets will be given to people who are not regular supporters or worse WHU fans.

No scheme is perfect, however we reap what we sow! Season ticket holders must be first as they should automatically become club members and a small portion of a season ticket be allocated to membership of the club and BRISTOL SPORT and the benefits that allows. Bristol Sport members can then have football rugger or basketball members marked as f r or b on their card and your second tier is sorted. Yes that means guess what some people will have to become members of Bristol sport f but with discounting of tickets merchandise etc everyone should ultimately be happy.

In the mean time Bristol Sport is new and the ground has 12000 capacity there will be problems. Luckily this week the Beeb have stepped in.

I accept the fact that the Club are encouraging as many Rugby fans to support City as well.

However, I am a little concerned about the number of Rugby fans that still support NLBR. I don't like to think what will happen if many of these "people" end up watching the game from a home end.

Given the high profile of this match, it could all go horribly wrong.

I accept the fact that the Club are encouraging as many Rugby fans to support City as well.

However, I am a little concerned about the number of Rugby fans that still support NLBR. I don't like to think what will happen if many of these "people" end up watching the game from a home end.

The club's pretty much damned whatever they choose to do. Whatever membership scheme they use people will complain its unfair against them and their circumstances, I've no problem with BRC having access to priority tickets as there's a cross over as I'll be able to purchase tickets ahead of some rugby fans in the playoff games.  At the end of the day Bristol Sport are trying to get fans of football and rugby to want to watch both sports and thus raise crowds for both at the same time.  A big part of this is through the membership scheme.

I guess they could bring in a points scheme, so:

STH - 1st priority

Collect a certain number of points awarded on a per game basis/Forever membership holders - 2nd priority

Then general sale

So basically if you manage to collect enough points you come in at the 2nd priority stage along with members.

I'm not sure how fesible this would be but could keep both camps happy?

Any WHU fan who reveals themself as so, when/if they score, will merely be ejected from the ground. Unless, of course, any naughties are commited in which case plod might get involved.

So unless Alfie Moon is coming down tooled up with Gumbo (as Shadwell are already out of the cup, so he's got a free weekend) to sit in the "home end", intent on causing persons as yet unknown personal harm, then I think we'll see it pass off relatively peacefully. Plod won't be interested in who-got-which-ticket-from-who & nor will the club.

Are you on a wind up? :fear:

When the Bristol Rugby play offs match comes along, I, like many others I suspect, will probably fancy "jumping on that band wagon" and going along for the occassion, hoping to see a little bit of overdue success for one of our cities sporting cousins.

As part of the Bristol Sport stable, I would expect my Football season ticket to give me a pretty good shout at getting a ticket for this game, after the Ruby clubs season ticket holders have all got their tickets.

I'm no Rugby fan, I may decide to go to 1 or 2 games in the premiership if they do get promotion. I feel entitled to do so as a season ticket holder of one of the parent companies teams.

I don't think that there will be a large number of Rugby or Flyers season ticket holders that have a genuine interest in going to the football. I believe that I am right in saying that only a very small number took up the offer of a FREE ticket to the football when it was offered.

I also can't see too many Rugby STH's risking their season ticket being revoked by supplying tickets to WHU fans, whatever people maybe claiming of various forums.

I should think that pretty much every Forever Bristol member that wants a ticket for the WHU match will get one and for those that are neither STH or Forever Bristol members, well, I don't really see how they can complain if they miss out on tickets.

As was mentioned above, they should be pretty easy to pick out anyway, the pearly king and queen getup gives em away! The D.V.D "awrite guvna, me ol cockernee sparra, jus awf up the ol apples an pears" accents should help with identification too....but then again, there's loads of Landaners in Bristol these days. :blink:

The thought that a Rugby or Basketball fan feels an entitlement to see BCFC because they own a season ticket under the banner of a parent company is a sad day I think.

By all means use Bristol Sport to facilitate cost savings and the like, but when the whole thing starts to turn into a multi-discipline amorphous leisure ticket we begin to erode our identity further.

For arguments sake, imagine Bristol Sport bought out a local leisure company with swimming pools and gymnasiums or perhaps a golf club.  Would their members be just as entitled to tickets?

I can see this journey has a long way to go and I just wonder what it will all look like in 20 years.

Imagine all of the clubs under the banner get to the Prem and do well.  First dibs on season tickets will end up going to those who want a "Bristol Sport Mega ticket", then those who want a "Bristol Sport Football/Rugby Super Ticket" etc etc.

Will be like buying Broadband, Phone line, TV etc.  Cheaper if you can afford the lot.

I'd be happier if Bristol Sport existed as an entity for tax/monetary reasons but without the need for it to be so visible, or for us to ever hear about it.  But then, I'm an old git.

The allocation should have been:

a) ST holders

b) Non ST holders with purchasing history of some sort - easily obtainable from records which the club holds

c) General sale

I don't get why Rugby people have preference just because they rent the ground, and most obviously some rugby people will be Rovers fans who will buy tickets for the opportunity to see a Premier team, and some will be West Ham fans who happen to know a rugby man with no interest in football.

These people will access tickets ahead of genuine, regular attending Bristol City fans who do not have a ST. Or, if the argument is that non ST holders should purchase the Forever Bristol card, that only puts them on a level footing with the rugby people who have never attended a Bristol City game in their lives.

All of this is inevitable when the people running the show are marketing guys seeking to further their careers with no real interest in Bristol City or its fans, summed up by the cringeworthy twitterist "how do we create a fortress at AG". I had my thoughts on this on another thread I started, but how about also as an answer "ensure the ground is filled with diehards for the big games".

From a marketing point of view, no doubt the allocation policy makes sense, but there is no affinity with all Bristol City fans behind it.

Archived