IGNORED

W Ham Tickets For Rugby -

westonred

Jesus H, I rely hope we start losing some games soon so people can get on Lee Johnsons back..

All of this "the clubs a shambles" bull is becoming really boring. And yes, you are right, I could just ignore the thread, but I am a loyal fan who goes week in week out, I definitely have a greater right to read all threads than any fly by night glory hunters..

The allocation should have been:

a) ST holders

b) Non ST holders with purchasing history of some sort - easily obtainable from records which the club holds

c) General sale

I don't get why Rugby people have preference just because they rent the ground, and most obviously some rugby people will be Rovers fans who will buy tickets for the opportunity to see a Premier team, and some will be West Ham fans who happen to know a rugby man with no interest in football.

These people will access tickets ahead of genuine, regular attending Bristol City fans who do not have a ST. Or, if the argument is that non ST holders should purchase the Forever Bristol card, that only puts them on a level footing with the rugby people who have never attended a Bristol City game in their lives.

All of this is inevitable when the people running the show are marketing guys seeking to further their careers with no real interest in Bristol City or its fans, summed up by the cringeworthy twitterist "how do we create a fortress at AG". I had my thoughts on this on another thread I started, but how about also as an answer "ensure the ground is filled with diehards for the big games".

From a marketing point of view, no doubt the allocation policy makes sense, but there is no affinity with all Bristol City fans behind it.

This is a bit like the problem you get at gyms this time of year.

After over-indulging at Christmas, a load of fatties join up at the gym without so much as a by your leave for the long standing and vastly more loyal fit bods.

Then when the fit bod loyal gym users turn up for their regular session, they find they can't get in because all the fatties are hogging all the equipment. And they smell.

Not only do these glory hunting fatties waltz in where they are not welcome, they leave all the weight machines on the low resistance. And did I mention they smell?

And where are the buggers in February? Yep, after updating their Facebook status as 'new year - new me' they stop coming, never to be seen again. Pathetic glory hunting selfish queue jumping nuisances. And all because anyone can sign a direct debit.

Bristol Sport take note. Overlook loyalty at your peril. The fatties wont be queueing up for Fleetwood tickets mark my words. And they probably won't be at the gym either. And I bet they can't name our reserve keeper.

This is a bit like the problem you get at gyms this time of year.

After over-indulging at Christmas, a load of fatties join up at the gym without so much as a by your leave for the long standing and vastly more loyal fit bods.

Then when the fit bod loyal gym users turn up for their regular session, they find they can't get in because all the fatties are hogging all the equipment. And they smell.

Not only do these glory hunting fatties waltz in where they are not welcome, they leave all the weight machines on the low resistance. And did I mention they smell?

And where are the buggers in February? Yep, after updating their Facebook status as 'new year - new me' they stop coming, never to be seen again. Pathetic glory hunting selfish queue jumping nuisances. And all because anyone can sign a direct debit.

Bristol Sport take note. Overlook loyalty at your peril. The fatties wont be queueing up for Fleetwood tickets mark my words. And they probably won't be at the gym either. And I bet they can't name our reserve keeper.

Spot on r kid.

Bristol Rugby are not renting the stadium. They are not tenants.

They are owned by SL (Bristol Sport) and are therefore equal partners at Ashton Gate.

But whether rugby season tickets should qualify for an FA Cup ticket when the capacity is so limited is another question.

I very much doubt that you are correct on that first part.

The idea supposedly of taking Ashton Gate out of Bristol City Holdings PLC and putting it into a separate company, Ashton Gate Ltd, was so that the operating profitability of the stadium and the playing side could be separately measured (notwithstanding the fact this could have been done by two divisions within the same company). I would assume therefore that Bristol City FC pay a rent to Ashton Gate Ltd.

I would also assume therefore that Bristol Rugby pay a rent to Ashton Gate Ltd and therefore are also tenants.

Off topic, but you are correct nevertheless that in the above sense Bristol City and Bristol Rugby are "equal partners", which I find very uncomfortable given that less than 10 years ago Ashton Gate was owned by Bristol City PLC which in turn was owned by thousands of Bristol City fans.

But yes I am with you on your final sentence, very much so.

I've watched City since 84 and in that time we would have needed a points system for tickets about twice!!!

If the stadium is a sell out (has happened more than twice since 84) then presumably a points system would have made perfect sense if a Bristol Forever card had existed.

This weekend will likely be a sellout and some fans who've watched the team many times this year won't get in while some rugby fans will.

This may happen again and again throughout the stadium build.

• Admin

....I could just ignore the thread, but I am a loyal fan who goes week in week out, I definitely have a greater right to read all threads than any fly by night glory hunters..

Only just seen this post - this is hilarious !

Let's all bow down to the high and mighty one  - assuming that you are ok with me replying with a bit of banter?

I've watched City since 84 and in that time we would have needed a points system for tickets about twice!!!

You're saying demand has only outstripped supply twice in 31 years?

We've sold out more matches than that this season alone....then play offs 2003, play offs 2004, play offs 2008, Rotherham 2007. And that's just off the top of my head.

I go to every home game- league or cup, I occasionally watch Yoof matches in Failand,I am a shareholder, ST holder, have my name on the Centenary board, I also pay each month into the Supporter's trust, I even went to virtually every pre season match.What more can I possibly have done  to have avoided thinking our reserve keeper was called Dean Richards until yesterday?

:facepalm:

This is the bit which doesn't make sense - if he is a regular (or do you mean in the past more than this season?) then getting the membership will save him money....now starting at game number 5 (so less than half of the remaining home league games).

Whether you agree with the rugby/flyers ST holders having membership or not, it IS the priority chosen so you risk missing out in the scramble for any remaining tickets (if any) on Thursday

read my post and look at the ' my mate wont join bit' and 'dont want to sit on me own '   sad but in these days friendships still count for something in my book and I have the membership to save me money  READ THE POST

• Admin

read my post and look at the ' my mate wont join bit' and 'dont want to sit on me own '   sad but in these days friendships still count for something in my book and I have the membership to save me money  READ THE POST

We're all friends at City !

I have read the post...so apologies for not being quite clear with myinitial comment

I'm questioning what his reason is for 'won't join', not yours (especially since you have purchased membership) - about the only two I can think of are dogma/belief that the scheme in itself is somehow 'wrong' or cashflow (would buy the membership but can't physically afford it right now).

I can completely understand you not wanting to go by yourself if your typical matchday includes your mate, I just wonder why he won't get the membership, is all

I have read the post...so apologies for not being quite clear with myinitial comment

I'm questioning what his reason is for 'won't join', not yours (especially since you have purchased membership) - about the only two I can think of are dogma/belief that the scheme in itself is somehow 'wrong' or cashflow (would buy the membership but can't physically afford it right now).

I can completely understand you not wanting to go by yourself if your typical matchday includes your mate, I just wonder why he won't get the membership, is all

stubborn old city fan  :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr:

Archived