IGNORED

Mk Dons To Announce New Signing......

Vincent Vega

Afobe scored 18 goals for you this year, 11 in the league.  That's 61% of his goals coming in the league (not less than half as you state).

1,260 minutes played, 11 starts, 11 sub appearances, 11 goals.  Scored in 8 different matches.  That's 36% of your matches he scored in.  1 goal every 114 mins.

Grigg has 8 league goals, in 13 starts, 10 subs.  1163 minutes, averaging a goal every 145 minutes.  Scoring in 29% of your matches.

Seems to me Afobe has scored in more matches, in fewer starts and scores much more frequently.

Meanwhile, Devante Cole has started 14 games, 4 subs, and scored just 5 goals - in the same division. 1,347 minutes, so a goal every 269 minutes.

Clarke-Harris has started 10 times, 7 subs and scored 4 goals.  880 minutes, so 1 goal every 220 minutes.

For every goal that Harris & Cole score combined, Afobe has already bagged 2.

Methinks you'll miss Afobe more than you think young man.  It's ok to be upset fella.  Don't hide it, it's not healthy!

Nice stats  :thumbsup:

Afobe scored 18 goals for you this year, 11 in the league.  That's 61% of his goals coming in the league (not less than half as you state).

1,260 minutes played, 11 starts, 11 sub appearances, 11 goals.  Scored in 8 different matches.  That's 36% of your matches he scored in.  1 goal every 114 mins.

Grigg has 8 league goals, in 13 starts, 10 subs.  1163 minutes, averaging a goal every 145 minutes.  Scoring in 29% of your matches.

Seems to me Afobe has scored in more matches, in fewer starts and scores much more frequently.

Meanwhile, Devante Cole has started 14 games, 4 subs, and scored just 5 goals - in the same division. 1,347 minutes, so a goal every 269 minutes.

Clarke-Harris has started 10 times, 7 subs and scored 4 goals.  880 minutes, so 1 goal every 220 minutes.

Methinks you'll miss Afobe more than you think young man.  It's ok to be upset fella.  Don't hide it, it's not healthy!

post-915-0-75566000-1421960583.jpg

Yeah, right.

You keep telling yourself that...

We've publicly stated that we won't settle for anything less than a hefty fee and a loan back, and we've rejected offers from his supported club when he could have forced a move, why would he suddenly want to join Newcastle?

As for Afobe, yeah he's a miss, but the last few games he'd been almost non-existent, I'm not overly worried as of now at the thought of being without him now we've strengthened, and are still looking at more

Afobe scored 18 goals for you this year, 11 in the league. That's 61% of his goals coming in the league (not less than half as you state).

1,260 minutes played, 11 starts, 11 sub appearances, 11 goals. Scored in 8 different matches. That's 36% of your matches he scored in. 1 goal every 114 mins.

Grigg has 8 league goals, in 13 starts, 10 subs. 1163 minutes, averaging a goal every 145 minutes. Scoring in 29% of your matches.

Clarke-Harris has started 10 times, 7 subs and scored 4 goals. 880 minutes, so 1 goal every 220 minutes.

Methinks you'll miss Afobe more than you think young man. It's ok to be upset fella. Don't hide it, it's not healthy!

Jesus Christ I love you.

We've publicly stated that we won't settle for anything less than a hefty fee and a loan back, and we've rejected offers from his supported club when he could have forced a move, why would he suddenly want to join Newcastle?

As for Afobe, yeah he's a miss, but the last few games he'd been almost non-existent, I'm not overly worried as of now at the thought of being without him now we've strengthened, and are still looking at more

This.

We now have more attacking options than when we had Afobe. As we play 4-2-3-1, any of the following 13 players can make up the front 4:

Grigg

Clarke-Harris

Cole

Reeves

Powell

Bowditch

Green

Baker

Carruthers

Alli

Hitchcock

Rasulo

Tshimanga

Nice stats  :thumbsup:

Except they are incorrect.

Benik Afobe scored 19 goals for us, 10 of which were in the league.

Will Grigg has 10, 8 of which have come in the league.

Dele Alli has 11, all of which have come in the league.

A loss sure, but we have a lot of other players to chip in with goals - Afobe was not even our top league goal scorer. Keep telling yourselves that we will now go into meltdown over losing Afobe ;)

A loss sure, but we have a lot of other players to chip in with goals - Afobe was not even our top league goal scorer. Keep telling yourselves that we will now go into meltdown over losing Afobe ;)

I'm fairly sure no-one here really thinks you'll go into meltdown. As you've said, you have other strong players.

However, you shouldn't underestimate how much a team can be affected by losing one of their regular starters and performers, even if you have backup. The mentality and dynamic can change so quickly. Yes, one player doesn't make a team, but good teams have good systems, good understanding and good off field relationships. Losing one player can definitely change that. Still, it's unlikely you will lose a huge amount of momentum.

I'm fairly sure no-one here really thinks you'll go into meltdown. As you've said, you have other strong players.

However, you shouldn't underestimate how much a team can be affected by losing one of their regular starters and performers, even if you have backup. The mentality and dynamic can change so quickly. Yes, one player doesn't make a team, but good teams have good systems, good understanding and good off field relationships. Losing one player can definitely change that. Still, it's unlikely you will lose a huge amount of momentum.

I think we prepared well though by constantly rotating Grigg and Afobe so if either were to leave, it would not be as big of a deal as when Bamford left us last season.

I do agree with what you say though and that showed in the 2-2 draw at Crawley Town (although we did well to come back from 2-0 down). However in our last game, we beat Sheffield United 1-0 without Afobe and to me that is proof that we shall continue to plod along and compete for automatic promotion. We will of course be 2nd if we can win our 2 games in hand. The fact we are the top scorers in the league having played less games than others is also a testament to our strength in depth of attacking players.

Apologies if I have come across brash in the other posts, I was a little overeager to have my 50 pence worth...

I think we prepared well though by constantly rotating Grigg and Afobe so if either were to leave, it would not be as big of a deal as when Bamford left us last season.

I do agree with what you say though and that showed in the 2-2 draw at Crawley Town (although we did well to come back from 2-0 down). However in our last game, we beat Sheffield United 1-0 without Afobe and to me that is proof that we shall continue to plod along and compete for automatic promotion. We will of course be 2nd if we can win our 2 games in hand. The fact we are the top scorers in the league having played less games than others is also a testament to our strength in depth of attacking players.

Apologies if I have come across brash in the other posts, I was a little overeager to have my 50 pence worth...

Few more months and we're all going to find out who lasts the distance and, assuming Preston, Sheff Utd et al fail to catch up,  one team out of us, yourselves and Swindon are going to be disappointed.

Let's all just hope it's Swindon.   :cool:

Few more months and we're all going to find out who lasts the distance and, assuming Preston, Sheff Utd et al fail to catch up,  one team out of us, yourselves and Swindon are going to be disappointed.

Let's all just hope it's Swindon.   :cool:

Amen. For what it is worth, I firmly believe Bristol City will win the league and I have a nagging feeling that one of us and Swindon will lose out on automatic promotion on GD, it certainly feels that way anyway.

I think on our day, us, yourselves and Swindon Town are all as good as one another but I just think you lot are a tad more consistent. Nothing shows that more than the fact we can beat Swindon Town 2-1 and win 7-0, 6-0, 6-1 etc and then lose 0-3 at home to Walsall.

Aha, well spotted young sir.

My appel-ogies. I'd accidentally included the league goal he bagged for wolves last week in the MK tally. (Sorry Fordy, I feel like I've let you down).

So, still more than half of his goals have come in the league, and his mins/league goal ratio now becomes 126 mins. So he still bags 2 goals for every 1 Cole & Harris notch.

Aha, well spotted young sir.

My appel-ogies. I'd accidentally included the league goal he bagged for wolves last week in the MK tally. (Sorry Fordy, I feel like I've let you down).

So, still more than half of his goals have come in the league, and his mins/league goal ratio now becomes 126 mins. So he still bags 2 goals for every 1 Cole & Harris notch.

To be fair the BBC site did the exact same.

It all kind of pales into insignificance when we have had games where we have scored 6's and 7's and he has grabbed a goal but you are correct in what you say. Hopefully we will not miss his customary goal in our 8-0 win over Barnsley tomorrow.

To be fair the BBC site did the exact same.

It all kind of pales into insignificance when we have had games where we have scored 6's and 7's and he has grabbed a goal but you are correct in what you say. Hopefully we will not miss his customary goal in our 8-0 win over Barnsley tomorrow.

ESPN - best site for stats

Archived