IGNORED

Mk Dons To Announce New Signing......

Vincent Vega

Just putting 2 and 2 together but Newcastle are submitting a bid for deli alli. I wonder if Newcastle will loan them rolando Aaron's in return as part of the deal? He's a left wing forward, young, exciting and not getting game time atm.

Would be distraught as I wouldn't mind him back at city rather than go to a tinpot franchise

Just putting 2 and 2 together but Newcastle are submitting a bid for deli alli. I wonder if Newcastle will loan them rolando Aaron's in return as part of the deal? He's a left wing forward, young, exciting and not getting game time atm.

Would be distraught as I wouldn't mind him back at city rather than go to a tinpot franchise

thats a good guess to be fair

Coming "down" would suggest a club north of them so probably not some of the ones mentioned on here from Arsenal, Watford etc.

Not necessarily from the North.

The use of the words up and down were started by railway companies to signify the direction of journey.

Thus any train going to London was termed "Up" and coming out of London as "Down". When London was not a destination, the largest city/town became the " Up" destination.

As Milton Keynes is on a direct route to/from London, the player coming down, could be from a London club.

The use of the words up and down were started by railway companies to signify the direction of journey.

Thus any train going to London was termed "Up" and coming out of London as "Down". When London was not a destination, the largest city/town became the " Up" destination.

As Milton Keynes is on a direct route to/from London, the player coming down, could be from a London club.

Pedant alert,

Pedant alert,

Pedant alert,

Pedant alert,

:)

Ahhhhh....takes me back to my youth in Kingswood when contemplating a night out......

Do I go  up the 'wood or down town?

Pedant alert,

Pedant alert,

Pedant alert,

Pedant alert,

:)

Wow! Is that me? I thought I was being helpful. But in the light of the news that Devante Cole has been signed, then obviously the Scouse manager of MK has just shown his ignorance of the true meanings of up and down. ( thinking about it with Manchester and MK, then MK is down from Manchester, being the less important of the two?)

By the way Port Said Red, shall I now start trying to correct all the bad grammar? Like the use of "should of" instead of the correct "should HAVE". Then I would be really boring and pedantic.

Any Alli sale will be made with a loan back option or be rejected

And as for Afobe, he had only scored about 2 goals before he came to MK and half of his goals for us came in the cup, a much smaller loss than people expect tbh

A small loss? How many goals did he score this season? Stop putting a brave face on it. I would be gutted if we lost someone like Afobe and picked up Cole.

He scored a lot of goals yes, but in the league Alli had more than him and Grigg was 2 behind, now we have Clarke-Harris and potentially another striker coming in (Cole isn't official yet) we could be stronger than we were with Afobe, remember he had only scored a couple of goals in every loan spell beforehand

He scored a lot of goals yes, but in the league Alli had more than him and Grigg was 2 behind, now we have Clarke-Harris and potentially another striker coming in (Cole isn't official yet) we could be stronger than we were with Afobe, remember he had only scored a couple of goals in every loan spell beforehand

Your local press are saying it's a done deal and he trained today with the club and paperwork has been done. It's on twitter with your local papers reporting it. Most local papers don't report things like that unless it's done and dusted.

By the way Port Said Red, shall I now start trying to correct all the bad grammar? Like the use of "should of" instead of the correct "should HAVE". Then I would be really boring and pedantic.

It was only my attempt at humour I did appreciate your input. I think this forum should continue to try and improve the use of English by it's participants, we could even put a filter in to stop people finishing their sentences with a preposition (as I have done there) or is that going too far? :)

Any Alli sale will be made with a loan back option or be rejected

And as for Afobe, he had only scored about 2 goals before he came to MK and half of his goals for us came in the cup, a much smaller loss than people expect tbh

Afobe is a huge loss, as for Devante Cole being a capable replacement, that's up for debate, having seem him earlier in the season at Barnsley (not sure if he even started) he's nowhere near as effective as Afobe.

Afobe scored 18 goals for you this year, 11 in the league.  That's 61% of his goals coming in the league (not less than half as you state).

1,260 minutes played, 11 starts, 11 sub appearances, 11 goals.  Scored in 8 different matches.  That's 36% of your matches he scored in.  1 goal every 114 mins.

Grigg has 8 league goals, in 13 starts, 10 subs.  1163 minutes, averaging a goal every 145 minutes.  Scoring in 29% of your matches.

Seems to me Afobe has scored in more matches, in fewer starts and scores much more frequently.

Meanwhile, Devante Cole has started 14 games, 4 subs, and scored just 5 goals - in the same division. 1,347 minutes, so a goal every 269 minutes.

Clarke-Harris has started 10 times, 7 subs and scored 4 goals.  880 minutes, so 1 goal every 220 minutes.

For every goal that Harris & Cole score combined, Afobe has already bagged 2.

Methinks you'll miss Afobe more than you think young man.  It's ok to be upset fella.  Don't hide it, it's not healthy!

Archived