IGNORED

Why Do We Bother - Fuming

Forza Revolution

Don't go. I made my stand. I go to 4 or 5 away games now. Amazing how you do not miss it as much as you think you would. Probably because there is not much to miss anymore.

The fun left AG 10 years ago. Even back then it was dying on its arse.

Stop going. I have started having much more fun in life since I quit

Actually, you've probably missed much of our most enjoyable and entertaining season for years, but heh-ho.

I've personally never had a problem with tickets, although the club organisation does seem a bit shambolic at times. It took them three years and multiple contacts before they finally.stopped sending stuff to my old house.

The "suits" won't like to see potential customers pissed off and opportunities to make further money go away. The "suits" want the club to be successful, so it will be financially viable and not get into the mess others have. Supporters are right to moan to the club when things like missing tickets happen, it's by moaning that the problem will eventually come to the attention of the "suits" and the ticketing operation may get improved.

I have no problem with the OP, I just think those that blame the top hierarchy at the club for everything need to reflect that these are people who - like us - want BCFC to succeed and Ashton Gate to be full, week-in week-out.

Not talking about you here TRL, but I do wonder if all those who post about "the fun's gone out of it" just are reflecting "the fun's gone out of my life as I get older" and looking back at their youth with the proverbial rose-tinteds.

Actually, you've probably missed much of our most enjoyable and entertaining season for years, but heh-ho.

I've personally never had a problem with tickets, although the club organisation does seem a bit shambolic at times. It took them three years and multiple contacts before they finally.stopped sending stuff to my old house.

The "suits" won't like to see potential customers pissed off and opportunities to make further money go away. The "suits" want the club to be successful, so it will be financially viable and not get into the mess others have. Supporters are right to moan to the club when things like missing tickets happen, it's by moaning that the problem will eventually come to the attention of the "suits" and the ticketing operation may get improved.

I have no problem with the OP, I just think those that blame the top hierarchy at the club for everything need to reflect that these are people who - like us - want BCFC to succeed and Ashton Gate to be full, week-in week-out.

Not talking about you here TRL, but I do wonder if all those who post about "the fun's gone out of it" just are reflecting "the fun's gone out of my life as I get older" and looking back at their youth with the proverbial rose-tinteds.

Your final sentence may be true. Get older. Get more cynical. I have to say I am actually enjoying life far more since my forced absence. Found many things that take my interest more than city did now. So I have to thank SL for something :).

I am still getting my fix away from home. Clearly I cannot give up on them completely.

Oh to be young and really enjoying football again!

Sorry but you can't guarantee the post. You can't blame the club for the postman being late.

We ordered ours and it arrived in two days.

If you leave it late , then you must go down to collect it, as we have done before.

Rubbish, tickets only went on sale Tuesday (to members). If they can't guarentee delivery in 3 days don't make it an option. Send first class and it should have been here by today no problem. That's not royal mails fault that so many have "gone missing" it's the club not sending them either quick or enough or didn't use first class post.

Ordered my yeovil tickets end of November paid postage.

Waited a week and no tickets phoned to be told will print more and will be posted.

Week later no tickets and phoned again to be told they've been printed and are awaiting collection.

No refund of postage when asked for told deffo posted first time.

Annoying weren't posted second time just left in office whilst awaited them and if club just said collect them wouldn't of minded.

I've been watching City for sixty five years and apart from feeling very miserable for the last three years before SC arrived, I still look forward to every game, get a knot in the gut as every game approaches and if anything, I am more intense about City than I ever was as a youngster.

Perhaps it is because I am the age I am, but I will never give up on City until they screw the lid down!

I received a first class letter Thursday which was sent on the 16th January.

Whilst that isn't usual, its certainly not the first and won't be the last.

There is officially no guarantee of delivery times and first class is a waste of money.

You cannot rely on the mail these days and if you are ordering tickets, then forget the post as it may not arrive in time.

I have an hour to travel, after playing tomorrow morning. I will be pushing it to make kick off as it is, that's why I wanted them delivered. It seems like far too many "gone missing" for it to be a Royal Mail cock up don't you think?

I've been watching City for sixty five years and apart from feeling very miserable for the last three years before SC arrived, I still look forward to every game, get a knot in the gut as every game approaches and if anything, I am more intense about City than I ever was as a youngster.

Perhaps it is because I am the age I am, but I will never give up on City until they screw the lid down!

Same here CA.

In fact I watch more football now, as when I was 18 I lived over the other side of the country in (pre-M25) east Kent and was only a poor little stew-dent.

ordered mine in good time but it still took 6 days for them to arrive.

why can't we book them directly onto our season tickets like we used to?

really it is a shambles, and its the one thing they have to do-  sell tickets for a football game - but they **** it up time and again.

other clubs manage, so why can't city?

ordered mine in good time but it still took 6 days for them to arrive.

why can't we book them directly onto our season tickets like we used to?

really it is a shambles, and its the one thing they have to do-  sell tickets for a football game - but they **** it up time and again.

other clubs manage, so why can't city?

I realise that there was a problem with multiple copies of self-printed tickets, but has this not been sorted out? If it hasn't, why not?

Sorry but you can't guarantee the post. You can't blame the club for the postman being late.

We ordered ours and it arrived in two days.

If you leave it late , then you must go down to collect it, as we have done before.

Excuse me but paid on Tuesday for both sets of tickets, it doesn't take 4 days first class Royal Mail, it's 2 maximum.

I send a letter first class it's normally there the next morning.

I don't think buying 5 days in advance is late myself !

When you live in Lancashire, you don't want to have to set off and hour or two earlier than what is already an early start because the ticket office can't do their obs properly.

Was given the option of picking up my tickets or having them posted to me ,did think for a second about getting them posted but then remembered it wasnt ticketmaster I was talking to but Bristol Sport so next day made my way to AG and picked up in person ,seems like it was a good move looking at this thread

Having worked in a dispatch department you would be amazed how often royal mail screw up. I also remember receiving some tickets in a UKmail marked envelope.. frankly they are worse!

All it takes is for a bag of letters to be sorted incorrectly or misplaced and a couple of hundred city fans don't get their tickets it's unfortunate but it happens.

Also Bristol sport have tweeted saying there will be no bubble machine.

Perhaps the postman on sorting duty that day was from the North of the City?!

They are probably in Glasgow now!!

Ps,don't tell me it doesn't happen,I used to be a Postman,any letter I sorted for my ex used to go to Scotland!!

Excuse me but paid on Tuesday for both sets of tickets, it doesn't take 4 days first class Royal Mail, it's 2 maximum.

When you live in Lancashire, you don't want to have to set off and hour or two earlier than what is already an early start because the ticket office can't do their obs properly.

You want to bet that it doesn't take 4 days !

yes it should be next day, 2 the latest but I have had things go missing in the post.

The only way is to have it sent by recorded mail. Yes you do pay more but that is guaranteed next day.

whilst i agree with what you are saying, colin is right. royalmail are sometimes totally unpredictable. that cannot be deemed the clubs fault but a risk fans must take if they want to use the post.

surely in situations such as yours where distance is a big issue,the club could maybe offer a subsidised nextday delivery option.

i know its an extra 6 quid but surely its worth it knowing your tickets would be at your local postoffice if you cant be there to sign for them.

just a thought??

whilst i agree with what you are saying, colin is right. royalmail are sometimes totally unpredictable. that cannot be deemed the clubs fault but a risk fans must take if they want to use the post.

surely in situations such as yours where distance is a big issue,the club could maybe offer a subsidised nextday delivery option.

i know its an extra 6 quid but surely its worth it knowing your tickets would be at your local postoffice if you cant be there to sign for them.

just a thought??

They'd only be there if they were sent that day. I don't believe these tales of 1st class post taking six days - sorry!

Archived