IGNORED

If I Had A Billion

NickJ

By bringing all the different clubs under 1 roof it allows us to market ourselves better and gain more interest in all the sports under the Bristol Sport heading, including Bristol City.

Most importantly it will help us get our finances together which is probably the over riding factor as to why we've gone down the Bristol Sport route.

Stand alone Bristol City was losing money like there was no tomorrow and with FFP this is more important than ever!

We'll be more commercially appealing with multiple teams, (classic case of synergy, 2+2=5 and all that), with a brand new stadium and being more about the community and the whole of Bristol while reducing costs as well.

I can see why people are concerned about losing our identity but listen to what SL says about Barcelona and how they aren't just Barcelona football team they are much more than that, they have Basketball amongst many other sports, and to me they aren't a team without an identity.

We are not renaming ourselves as Bristol Sport, we are still Bristol City. If we are a sleeping giant and want the whole of Bristol to be behind us we need to be part of the community and make them notice us. Bristol Sport will have more of an impact than Bristol City alone.

With a stronger financial footing and a more sustainable football club generally along with better marketing and promotion as a whole this gives us a better chance of success and a secure long term future.

Were we both writing this at the same time? Spooky!

• Admin

So basically Bristol Sport are going to do the marketing for all the sports under their umbrella?

Thank you Port Said Red and Catcott_red1 for your replies. But I'm not sure the Barcelona situation is the best example to be used as there are at least three major differences.

One, all the teams under the Barcelona banner are called Barcelona, the second is all their clubs have seperate sponsors and the third is there is not one company (Bristol Sport / Catalunya sport) overseeing all the teams

What I can't get my head around is where Bristol City stops and Bristol Sport starts, just look at this weekend, Bristol Sport chose to bring the scarves into the ground, they suggested the bubble machine, they must be who took offence to the "ultra" flag (because it was not an issue before), they appear to be calling the shots on issues that surely Bristol City should be in control of?

This is the grey area where I can't see who is running what?

From a marketing angle I can see the beneifts of bringing all the sports under one roof, but all of a sudden it's like we have new owners at the football club?

So basically Bristol Sport are going to do the marketing for all the sports under their umbrella?

Thank you Port Said Red and Catcott_red1 for your replies, not sure if Barcelona is the best example SL should use, two major differences, all the teams under the Barcelona banner are called Barcelona, the other they all have seperate sponsors

Like I said in my post those were just a couple of examples I could think of. I will leave it to the guy who has made himself a billionaire from his business acumen to work out the full details. I am prepared to wait and see how it will benefit us rather than try and second guess the next move and slaughter it before it has even been taken.

Archived