IGNORED

Scarves,succesfull?

Hartcliffe red

Scarves, succesfull?  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I thought the scarf waving on Sunday was absolutely brilliant!! It looked amazing and that was the best atmosphere I've seen/heard at AG for a very very long time. Like city have said, I hope this continues in the future.

A lot of negative comments towards Bristol Sport. I think the whole concept of Bristol Sport is an excellent idea. We are not MK Dons. We are not Cardiff. If we have to be a buit more corporate & business-like in order to get our football club into the championship and beyond then I'm all for it. 

I think they were great! Really looked good and mates around town where I live were all commenting on how good the atmosphere was and how the flags were really impressive! Bring them each week, helps create a buzz pre match. Even when no one was waving it looked good creating a real circle, or a crescent... of red and white around the stadium! I'll certainly be taking mine to the games from now onwards.

One thing I would say, pre match on sunday that olympic song did damage the atmosphere a bit, would have been better to have songs to which people would sing their little hearts out along to, e.g Drink Up Thee Cider, Hi Ho, I am a cider drinker etc.

Looked ok, however:

A bit of consistency is needed and all to easy to do in big FA cup games and riding high in the league.

I wonder if the appetite will be there when like seasons past we were at the bottom end of the table for 4 seasons

with one relegation, but some fans kept plugging away with the singing, lets hope those days are behind us and let's

not go down the sing when were winning road

(and yes we did lose to west ham).

Permanent misery guts.

How would you know? Or how could you have an opinion on myself and others?

Meeting people requires regular attendance.

An opinion of those who are permanent fans would be that similar effort / large scale financing , allied to thought from fans would achieve more.

Only thing that puzzeled me is why promote it on social media and the official website with a robin on the scarf but on the day Bristol sport was plastered on it?

It said Bristol City on one side and Bristol Sport on the other side. If our shirt manufacturers were adidas or puma, would you have been puzzled to see their name on the other side??

Think there are a few mountains being made out of molehills at the moment.

Only thing that puzzeled me is why promote it on social media and the official website with a robin on the scarf but on the day Bristol sport was plastered on it?

I was very disappointed when I noticed the Bristol sport logo on it. I also thought I was getting the one with the robin on it. Do you think the club will swap my Bristol sport scarf for the one with a robin on? like they advertised. We are getting a lot of BS at the moment from Bristol sport.

It said Bristol City on one side and Bristol Sport on the other side. If our shirt manufacturers were adidas or puma, would you have been puzzled to see their name on the other side??

Not really, just saying if they were always going to use the Bristol sport logo scarfs then use it in the promotion of it.

It was miss leading and going by the bubble thing leads to fans to ask questions on honesty.

I take it you didn't see the endless marketing of the #swingyourpants or scarf or whatever the marketing strategy was before the game then? All the pictures showed a scarf with a robin knitted into the end.

Not at all impressed by that - one small part of one stand.

All sides of the ground joining in would be better - much like Sunday.

So you dont agree that a display like that in a proper home end would beat a bit of manufactured scarf waving? Ha i have to laugh.

Everyone I've spoken to, without a strong affinity to the club, who saw the match on tv thought the whole thing looked good. Don't see what the problem is. If 10K people are having fun and waving their scarves around at a football match then what is the problem? I also sympathise with people who want a singing section and unreserved seating, flags etc. but why do some of these people feel the need to rain on everybody else's parade? It's almost like you are saying your way of support is the only way?

Everyone I've spoken to, without a strong affinity to the club, who saw the match on tv thought the whole thing looked good. Don't see what the problem is. If 10K people are having fun and waving their scarves around at a football match then what is the problem? I also sympathise with people who want a singing section and unreserved seating, flags etc. but why do some of these people feel the need to rain on everybody else's parade? It's almost like you are saying your way of support is the only way?

I have said it looked ok.

Just a few fine details over looked like the promotion of them which can lead to questions being asked.

Archived